Proposal: Power Proposal: (MIN/TOR) Joel Eriksson Ek & Jared Spurgeon FOR Jake Gardiner & Nazem Kadri

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Their defense allows fewer shots, implying that it’s better. Also, Minnesota’s top 4 is hands down 100% better than Toronto’s top 4 from top to bottom:

Suter>>Rielly
Spurgeon>Gardiner
Dumba>>>Zaitsev
Brodin>>Hainsey

That's really subjective and really not not factual Leafs allowed ONE more goal Minnesota last season. Definitely the Wild has defencemen that are more known. And certainly their cap hit for there Dmen is much higher than the Leafs. But to say they are better Dmen, how can you really objectively believe that.

And that stupid shot stats is so silly for reasonable person to actually believe it. How's this stat and tell me what teams has better special teams.
Team A, allows zero goals and 12 shots against in six PK. Team B allows 2 goals and 10 shots in six PK
Team A scores two goals on 10 shots on the PP. Team B scores zero goals in 12 shots on the PP.

Your logic says that team B has the better special teams because they allowed fewer shots against and had more shots for.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
tenor.gif

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Their defense and goalie played way better during those runs, though...
And so will ours. And if they don’t we will make changes then. While we want a defensive upgrade we will not be diminishing our young forward talent or our c depth to achieve it. Also I am willing to bet Z becomes a legit top four dman this year. Gives us potentially two #4s (Z and Dermott) a #3 in jake and a top pairing d man in rielly. The top fours might be a strtch but we expect our young guys to improve.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Kadri becomes MIN's 2nd line C is very productive, and Staal drops down to 3C.
Gardiner becomes MIN's top 4 LD.

Spurgeon becomes TOR's #2 D and plays the right side with Rielly.
Eriksson Ek becomes TOR's #3 C.

This is a well balanced trade proposal.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I actually think this is pretty fair.

Sturgeon has a lot more value than gardiner.

And yes kadri is better than jee, but he turns 28 before the season begins, while jee is 21, and his elc is better even than kadris great contract...plus jee has 6 years of team control as opposed to kadris 4.

Wouldn't be surprised if jee becomes quite a similar player as far as impact to kadri, tbh.

Right but from a TOR POV they want to win now and JEE doesn’t help with that. Especially since the third line wings in TOR will be as young as JEE. Recipe for a fatal flaw there if that doesn’t shake out.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
That's really subjective and really not not factual Leafs allowed ONE more goal Minnesota last season. Definitely the Wild has defencemen that are more known. And certainly their cap hit for there Dmen is much higher than the Leafs. But to say they are better Dmen, how can you really objectively believe that.

And that stupid shot stats is so silly for reasonable person to actually believe it. How's this stat and tell me what teams has better special teams.
Team A, allows zero goals and 12 shots against in six PK. Team B allows 2 goals and 10 shots in six PK
Team A scores two goals on 10 shots on the PP. Team B scores zero goals in 12 shots on the PP.

Your logic says that team B has the better special teams because they allowed fewer shots against and had more shots for.
You’re attributing a team statistic to say which top 4 is better? Nevermind the fact we had Ryan Murphy playing 19 minutes a night due to injuries.

I can objectively say Minnesota’s top 4 is better because it IS better. Don’t like that? Make a thread in the polls section and I’ll debate it further there.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
You’re attributing a team statistic to say which top 4 is better? Nevermind the fact we had Ryan Murphy playing 19 minutes a night due to injuries.

I can objectively say Minnesota’s top 4 is better because it IS better. Don’t like that? Make a thread in the polls section and I’ll debate it further there.

Maybe the Minni top four is better, but overall defence isn't better. The Leafs went with a rookie playing regularly last year
Yeah the top four MInni should be better. 24m for those top 4 compared to the Leafs 17m. 7m for one goal difference, if you think that is value, good for the Wild.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Maybe the Minni top four is better, but overall defence isn't better. The Leafs went with a rookie playing regularly last year
Yeah the top four MInni should be better. 24m for those top 4 compared to the Leafs 17m. 7m for one goal difference, if you think that is value, good for the Wild.

Both had the same amount of GA last year.
Minny has Gabby too.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Spurgeon getting underrated. Yikes. Not saying the Leafs should make the trade as proposed... but Spurgeon is a stud... Guess its hard to see that when you don;t watch him play and just look as his weight/height.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Wild reject OP offer pretty quick

Kadri is a pretty good 2C ...one that Minnie already has in Koivu...not worth giving up Spurgeon though IMO..despite Mikko being 35

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016

Only a Leafs fan would argue Minnys defense isnt better.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Again, attributing a team statistic to a top 4...

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
i'm more thinking effect on the team. Sorry if that wasn't clear. Transitioning the puck I think he'd be great rapidly moving the puck out of the defensive end there and giving the forwards even more time in the attack zone.

Thats gardners strength ffs...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad