Line Combos: Power play

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Our special teams are killing us these days (hence 3 losses out of last 4 games). We are horrible on the PP, I can't even remember our last PP goal. And to top that off, TB scores shorthanded to tie the game. our PK did a great job on the first penalty but they scored on the 2nd penalty. This is starting to get old so please Babcock, stop bragging about our great PP and fix it please.

Last edited:

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Our power play generates the most scoring chances in the league and it's not even close (difference between us and 2nd is the same as between 2nd and 31st). We're just going through a slump. I thought the power play was fantastic last night, just got stoned by a good goalie and their PK did a fairly good job neutralizing our chances.

However, Babcock needs to stop changing the units after only 50 seconds. If we're going to stack the PP1 then they need to play the majority of the power play.

Last edited:

Jun 27, 2005
PP TOI
Marner and Tavares 2:41
Gardner and Marleau 1:59

That works out to about 65 seconds for the first unit and 55 seconds for the second which should be closer to 90 and 30.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
However, Babcock needs to stop changing the units after only 50 seconds. If we're going to stack the PP1 then they need to play the majority of the power play.

Yeah last night was the final straw for me. That PP where we didn't score but the #1PP was out for the full 2 minutes was awesome. The #1 unit should be out there as much as possible, I really hope Babcock clues in to this soon.

macisaac6

Jul 11, 2012
I think we really miss JVR tbh. Not the prettiest player but could really finish plays on the power play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->