Pouliot Leads Quebec League In Goalscoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter1909*

oilers prospect M A Pouliot, now leads the Quebec league in goal scoring, after a 3 goal 4 point night tonight...

why cant you get good stats from the OHL?WHL?

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
What are you talking about? the OHL has some good offensive stats, they're on par with the Q league today.

As for the WHL, well that's because the league is very defensive so it's harder to score, that's why the WHL always has solid defenders coming out.

hunter1909*

Birko19 said:
What are you talking about? the OHL has some good offensive stats, they're on par with the Q league today.

As for the WHL, well that's because the league is very defensive so it's harder to score, that's why the WHL always has solid defenders coming out.

that isnt what i meant

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
I hate to burst your bubble but Pouliot has played roughly 3-5 more games then other top 20 scorers.

I was at the game last night and it turned out to be the MA Pouliot show and not the Crosby show as everyone expected. He was by far the best player on the ice last night. Looks like a strong kid and he has great offensive abilities. Threaded the needle on a wonderful cross ice pass to Roussin on the PP for their first goal of the night. Then scored 3 outstanding goals to record the trick. Man, if this guy can stay healthy, IMO, the Oilers have gotten themselves a gem. :D

highstickingyerface

Mar 5, 2004
eastern canada
Hossy he should have had 4 goals.. he missed a wide open net in the second period.. well he actually hit Boutin's leg but Boutin had no clue where the puck was and there was plenty of yawning cage for Pouliot to hit if he took an extra half second

but you're right he was by far the most dominant Rimouski player last evening.... I think Bureau and Soucy were pretty dominant as well for the good guys

question for Riki fans.... does your team often use Neilson on the PK? noticed him on there 2-3 times last night and of course his dumb antics with Soucy at the end of the game while on the PK basically sealed your teams fate last night... seems odd to have a well known undisciplined goon with marginal skating ability on the PK

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
X-SHARKIE said:
I hate to burst your bubble but Pouliot has played roughly 3-5 more games then other top 20 scorers.

I also hate to burst bubbles, but if my simple math is right, he's also highest in goals per game among the top 20 scorers.

X-SHARKIE

oil slick said:
I also hate to burst bubbles, but if my simple math is right, he's also highest in goals per game among the top 20 scorers.

good point, . Don’t get me wrong, I like Pouliot, he’s no Parise , but I like Pouliot’s game as it’s going to work at the next level IMO. Oilers have a good one there, but in the end Crosby well out do him for the scoring race.

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
X-SHARKIE said:
Oilers have a good one there, but in the end Crosby well out do him for the scoring race.

No question at all.

As for the Parise comparison, I think Parise is probably better, but I don't think that it is the huge difference people are making it out to be.

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
Well, the extra 2nd round pick selection that the Oilers received in the Pouliot trade, JF Jacques, has 6 goals 11 assists in 16 games.

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
highstickingyerface said:
question for Riki fans.... does your team often use Neilson on the PK? noticed him on there 2-3 times last night and of course his dumb antics with Soucy at the end of the game while on the PK basically sealed your teams fate last night... seems odd to have a well known undisciplined goon with marginal skating ability on the PK

Yeah they always use Neilson with J-S Coté on the PK

windowlicker

Jun 17, 2003
Murky Wisconsin
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
good point, . Don’t get me wrong, I like Pouliot, he’s no Parise , but I like Pouliot’s game as it’s going to work at the next level IMO. Oilers have a good one there, but in the end Crosby well out do him for the scoring race.

Now why would you bring up Parise in this? I believe the topic was regarding goal scoring in the Q, and as far as Parise never having played in the Q, it really doesn't make much sense.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
windowlicker said:
Now why would you bring up Parise in this? I believe the topic was regarding goal scoring in the Q, and as far as Parise never having played in the Q, it really doesn't make much sense.

Edmonton traded the 17th pick for a 23rd and the 68th pick

17th pick - Parise

for

23rd pick - Pouliot
68th pick - Jacques

Edmonton passed up on taking Parise for Pouliot essentially.

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
La-La-Laprise said:
Edmonton traded the 17th pick for a 23rd and the 68th pick

17th pick - Parise

for

23rd pick - Pouliot
68th pick - Jacques

Edmonton passed up on taking Parise for Pouliot essentially.

Easy... Jacques may well never amount to anything, but he's got potential.

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
La-La-Laprise said:
Jacques is a safer bet to play in the NHL than Pouliot.

Jacques plays an NHL game, he can skate, he is big and he has good skills.

Sure, I do agree with you, and I think Parise will most likely be better than them both, but don't see how this means "Edmonton passed up on taking Parise for Pouliot essentially." Jacques is a big guy with some skills... certainly not valueless.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
oil slick said:
Sure, I do agree with you, and I think Parise will most likely be better than them both, but don't see how this means "Edmonton passed up on taking Parise for Pouliot essentially." Jacques is a big guy with some skills... certainly not valueless.

I know, but Pouliot and Parise's success with always be intertwined because Edmonton had a shot at taking him and passed him up to take 2 other guys.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I think this time last year a lot of Oiler fans were worried about that very fact Pouliot and Jacques over Parise, but since they drafted Schremp this year Oiler fans aren't going to be too concerned. Frankly we need both a 1st and 2nd line centers and Schremp and Pouliot fit those positions nicely.

Also I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I am not sold on Parise yet. He isn't used to playing a long season and I want to see how he holds up this year in Albany before making a decision. A lot of skill no doubt and he has started off the year great, but he came out like gangbusters last year and started to falter near the end ot the year. If he can excel in the AHL all year I'll be 100% behind him though, he has a lot of skill!

hunter1909*

s7ark said:
I think this time last year a lot of Oiler fans were worried about that very fact Pouliot and Jacques over Parise, but since they drafted Schremp this year Oiler fans aren't going to be too concerned. Frankly we need both a 1st and 2nd line centers and Schremp and Pouliot fit those positions nicely.

Also I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I am not sold on Parise yet. He isn't used to playing a long season and I want to see how he holds up this year in Albany before making a decision. A lot of skill no doubt and he has started off the year great, but he came out like gangbusters last year and started to falter near the end ot the year. If he can excel in the AHL all year I'll be 100% behind him though, he has a lot of skill!

parise = another small forward...

oilers = dont want any more midgets...after marchant/cancer comrie

shoyen

Feb 11, 2003
St. Albert, Alberta
Visit site
hunter1909 said:
parise = another small forward...

oilers = dont want any more midgets...after marchant/cancer comrie

rrrrrrrright.....

because marchant was such a horrible player for the oilers.... and comrie's attitude problems were a direct result of his size, no doubts about it :shakehead

(note the sarcasm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->