Potvin sucks

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
Yeah, not our first go around with this. It's a stupid, outdated chant, but it's not gonna go anywhere at least until Potvin dies and we retire it out of respect for him and his family.

We will never retire this chant!

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
I went to an Isles-Red Wings game in November as a late birthday present and was surprised the Piles have their own irrelevant chant directed at the Rangers. It's to the tune of "If you're happy and you know it" but they made it something about "If the Rangers really suck and you know it"..Since then I stand firm when I say I never want to see "Potvin sucks" go away. Figured no one knew about this since about 10 people actually go to Piles games.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
While we're at it, I'm sick and tired of the fans cheering DURING the National Anthem. I mean I'm no Nathan Hale or even a veteran, but curb your enthusiasm for a few minutes while our National Anthem is being sung. You have 2.5 hours to cheer your team. You don't need to chant "Go Rangers!" during our Anthem.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I just wanted to come out of my shell and confirm that Potvin does indeed still suck.

Indeed Jim.

This was a player that I absolutely detested. Just hated him to death.... and wished like hell the Rangers could have drafted him.

Along with several of his team mates.

The Islanders must have made a deal with Satan, cause I'm pretty sure he played for them.

Abooch68

Aug 31, 2008
How about we yell kill with an air horn when the opposing team is in the offensive zone on a Powerplay?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->