Potential Threads: All Year Edition

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by PIM, Sep 28, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. PIM

PIM Registered User

So, I'm pretty sure that almost is going to be a badge of honor this year for the Rangers.

A lot of our players will generate chances! They'll all come close to scoring!

It'll be really cool.

Meanwhile, they'll also be getting pushed around the ice, goaded into frustration penalties, and losing all the half-hearted fights they get in.

But it'll be ok, because someone will have a great scoring chance.

Chances, almost, aww shucks, "I-swear-we-coulda-dunnit," is going to be the Rangers hallmark this year.

And don't get me wrong- I'll be suffering through every second of every game. This team is a huge part of my life, and it has been for as long as I can remember.

I just figured I'd let you guys know, in case you haven't looked at our roster and our history and figured it out for yourselves yet.

2. Machinehead

Machinehead Ferrari Crew

Professor
    I have been kind of steamed at some posters remarking that we had an excellent period even as we leave the ice losing by 2 goals. Happened in a couple of different games.

3. PlamsUnlimited

PlamsUnlimited G R O T O N S

Goalie
    "So close..."

Mine though, will be ... "This ****ing team can't finish, what the hell are they doing"

4. OverTheCap

OverTheCap Registered User

The ability to finish is definitely a concern for this team, as it has been for the past few years.

Generating chances and maintaining possession don't mean much if you can't score.

5. Tawnos

Tawnos A guy with a bass

There's two sides to that IMO. One is that people are willing to be patient with the youngsters and the whole team learning the new system.

The other side is that Rangers fans aren't used to the Rangers having the puck as much as they have in these preseason games.