Potential Threads: All Year Edition

PIM

Aug 1, 2013
NY
So, I'm pretty sure that almost is going to be a badge of honor this year for the Rangers.

A lot of our players will generate chances! They'll all come close to scoring!

It'll be really cool.

Meanwhile, they'll also be getting pushed around the ice, goaded into frustration penalties, and losing all the half-hearted fights they get in.

But it'll be ok, because someone will have a great scoring chance.

Chances, almost, aww shucks, "I-swear-we-coulda-dunnit," is going to be the Rangers hallmark this year.

And don't get me wrong- I'll be suffering through every second of every game. This team is a huge part of my life, and it has been for as long as I can remember.

I just figured I'd let you guys know, in case you haven't looked at our roster and our history and figured it out for yourselves yet.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I have been kind of steamed at some posters remarking that we had an excellent period even as we leave the ice losing by 2 goals. Happened in a couple of different games.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
The ability to finish is definitely a concern for this team, as it has been for the past few years.

Generating chances and maintaining possession don't mean much if you can't score.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I have been kind of steamed at some posters remarking that we had an excellent period even as we leave the ice losing by 2 goals. Happened in a couple of different games.

There's two sides to that IMO. One is that people are willing to be patient with the youngsters and the whole team learning the new system.

The other side is that Rangers fans aren't used to the Rangers having the puck as much as they have in these preseason games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad