Potential replacements for Dubas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
I am of the opinion the Dubas needs to be canned immediately. Each and every one of his moves have led to the Leafs becoming a less competitive team. Overpaying players, making silly trades, giving an AHL coach the head honcho position... The list goes on.

We always talk about the Leafs not playing hard or giving 100% effort frequently. Well guess what, this behaviour stops and ends at the top.

A weak GM results in a team that doesn't care. It's that simple. They know they can walk all over him and get whatever they want. They are spoiled. They know they are untouchable and won't be held accountable. Dubas has greatly impacted the culture and work ethic of this team in a very negative way.

I'm sure he's a nice guy, and I'm sure the players love him. But let's face it, he's not a good GM. He would be great as an assistant to the GM, crunching numbers behind the scenes. But he can't be the head guy, especially when we likely will make some major moves this off-season following this disappointment. This is why we need someone new to take the reigns. Someone qualified, smart and with a different vision. Someone that knows how to win in the Big Leagues.

This thread is for discussing potential replacements for Dubas.

Reactions: forecheck

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Dubas seems OK at drafting.

upload_2020-8-10_7-3-45.png

Not alot of work to be done in the off season.

He obviously messed up the negotiations with the big contracts already. A smart GM would have bridged Marner.

I think he stays.

Our top guys suck all the cap money away. Boston spreads the wealth more and they'll be a winning team long into the future.

The Leafs aren't a Hockey Team, they are some version of a mega corporation and the sterile feel to this team is creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->