Potential of Thomas Vanek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris2004

Dec 22, 2004
Toronto
I was wondering what you guys thought this guys career potential was.
I always have a difficult time figuring out NCAA products. I know his size and hands are there, do you guys think he will flop ?

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Thomas Vanek

he's a good one. very skilled. top line forward 70-80 points. Can reach hundred because he has the potential. With his speed, height, and strength he'll be a dominant force and a Franchise player.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
MN_Gopher said:
He will either hit or miss, on a large scale. Will be critized his whole carrer no matter what he does. Just like Jagr.

I like the Jagr analogy, not just because I've made it myself in the past. :D

The Sabres haven't had a prospect with as much potential as Vanek since Alex Mogilny. The sky's the limit for him if he puts in the effort. He loves to score goals. That's his greatest incentive. He also doesn't like to do much else. I see him scoring a ton of goals and being ripped along the way for all the things he doesn't do.

AgentNaslund*

ok, playing on a team like Buffalo, I say, 70 to 80 point. If its a more offensive team, i say, 75 85 point. He has star potentials, but some of you guys refuse to give him that credit because hes not a back checker. Just gota see, who his line mates are too.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
He turned my eyes so far....I didn't think he would adjust the way he has been doing in the AHL so far. He is close to a goal every 2 games.

orcatown

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Can't ever see him dominating all over the ice like Jagr in his prime. Maybe a wicked goal scorer but imo he is pretty one dimensional.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
AgentNaslund said:
ok, playing on a team like Buffalo, I say, 70 to 80 point. If its a more offensive team, i say, 75 85 point. He has star potentials, but some of you guys refuse to give him that credit because hes not a back checker. Just gota see, who his line mates are too.

Just so you know Buffalo was the 10th highest scoring team in the NHL last year.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
A solid 40 goal scorer and averages around 70-80 points every year. I can see him hit 90 points once in his career.

AgentNaslund*

it be great, if we had the chance to watch these guys play, before making a judgement :)

Im no scout, Eric Staal went 2nd overall, i red his scouting report, its like alot of the other guys being drafted. What ever.

Well I watched Eric Staal play, (NHL package) after watching him play one game, I knew why he was the 2nd overall pick. He has world class skills.

The same with Crosby. I never had a chance to see him play, heard all these great things about him, but until i saw him play, wow.

anyone actually seen Vanek play? What u think?

CH Wizard

IMO He's no bust ! He adjusted well to the AHL so far.That's a good sign at such a young age.If he'll continue like that , I think he'll be able to win a spot on the sabres roster as soon as the season will restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->