Potential of Alexander Romanov.

Potential of Alexander Romanov.

• Total voters

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I can definitely see him as a top 32 Dman

Sure he might be in the mix if he reaches his absolute top potential and for a season or two but the league is full of excellent Dmen, many of them are young and I think his potential is more a #3 type kind of like the guy they traded for Drouin.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Will be top 4 guy.. sometimes he will be on top pairing and sometimes will be 2nd pairing... either way he will get alot of minutes...

will have a long NHL career

Solid 1st season tho and Habs fans should be very excited

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I voted #1 when this thread first came out.

I don't think that's impossible but I do think my expectations were too high for him.

Either a complimentary guy on a top pair or helping run a second pair is where I see him ending up.

He's such a good skater if he could just get his offense going he'd be a great package.

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
I can definitely see him as a top 32 Dman
This is where things always get hazy with these polls. If you ask what a #1 defenceman is, you'll get different answers. Some will say the top 32 defencemen, some will say there are like 12-15 true #1 defencemen, etc. HF boards almost needs a glossary of terms, so at least people are talking the same thing.

Reactions: My3Sons and Xspyrit

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
The habs treatment of him speaks for itself. Changed my vote to a bottom defenseman. Don't know what he is doing there, should have stayed in the KHL.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
This is where things always get hazy with these polls. If you ask what a #1 defenceman is, you'll get different answers. Some will say the top 32 defencemen, some will say there are like 12-15 true #1 defencemen, etc. HF boards almost needs a glossary of terms, so at least people are talking the same thing.

Excatly, discussing doesn't make much sense without concensus. This goes for pretty much everything in life. Imagine doing maths if everybody had different formulas.

User9992

Feb 27, 2016
I always doubt russian defencemen... They have great forwards but their D-Men always turn to be overrated / overhyped. Provorov for example.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
I always doubt russian defencemen... They have great forwards but their D-Men always turn to be overrated / overhyped. Provorov for example.
It’s because Russian coaches coach the offense out of their dmen. I wouldn’t trust a Russian trained dman as a high pick

Reactions: User9992

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad