Potential first round

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
If the Habs and Lightning were to flip-flop places and everything else stayed the same, the TV folks and fans would be drooling over the potential six of the eight first round matchups. You would have

Boston at Montreal - don't need to say much
Detroit at Tampa - The Stevie Y angle-two offensive teams

Washington at Pittsburgh - Pierre Maguire would probably die he'd be so excited
Rangers at Islanders - Always fun to watch

Winnipeg at Nashville - Not sure if there's much to this rivalry
St Louis at Chicago - This was pretty nasty last year

LA at Anaheim - Good times
Vancouver at San Jose - see Winnipeg at Nashville

Obviously there is a lot of time to change and some of these teams may not even figure in to the playoffs, but this is why I like these divisional playoffs.

MisterUnspoken

Vintage
Nov 10, 2002
New York
All very good matchups with the exception of Nashville-Winnipeg imo. Not much of a rivalry or strong storylines there. But....it will likely end up being the best of the series because we think it'll be one of the worst.

Sign me up for Rangers-Islanders - oh boy that'll be good.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I think there are some underlying feelings of dislike towards Winnipeg based on some of our fans being fans of the original thrashers. Winnipeg was also a location of choice for Nashville to be relocated when the team was threatened with a move by that dick head owner.

And let's be honest what Canadian team wants to lose to a hockey team from the Bible belt of the south? This series would write its own story line very quickly in a 7 game.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If the Habs and Lightning were to flip-flop places and everything else stayed the same, the TV folks and fans would be drooling over the potential six of the eight first round matchups. You would have

Boston at Montreal - don't need to say much
Detroit at Tampa - The Stevie Y angle-two offensive teams

Washington at Pittsburgh - Pierre Maguire would probably die he'd be so excited
Rangers at Islanders - Always fun to watch

Winnipeg at Nashville - Not sure if there's much to this rivalry
St Louis at Chicago - This was pretty nasty last year

LA at Anaheim - Good times
Vancouver at San Jose - see Winnipeg at Nashville

Obviously there is a lot of time to change and some of these teams may not even figure in to the playoffs, but this is why I like these divisional playoffs.

Florida has 4 games in hand on Boston and only 3 points behind so I would think they're more likely right now. Plus you get the first ever sunshine state showdown which is better then the tired old Habs-Bruins crap we have to see all the time.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Just one playoffs I'd like to avoid LA or Chicago until the conference finals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->