Speculation: Potential destinations for Grubauer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I think you're mainly looking at 22 (OTT), 27 (CHI), 30 (DET) or perhaps 32 (BUF), 33 (DET) or 36 (DET). Detroit has plenty of ammo. Ottawa & Chicago may have the motive. Colorado has also been mentioned but 16 outright might be a bit early.

Whether the Caps would prefer to bundle Grubauer with 31 for 12 may revolve around who's left on the board and just how well they like the depth likely available between 22-31. If Boqvist or Kravtsov are available, I'd swap up for 12. The Caps will take whatever the market bears but NYI probably are in the driver's seat if they really want him.

Why wouldn't the Islanders then aggressively trade down in the 1st?

Turn 12 into a pick in the late teens ++

Turn late teens into a pick in the mid 20s ++

Then still be on level ground in terms of what everyone else is bidding with that mid-20s pick, plus additional assets?

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Then still be on level ground in terms of what everyone else is bidding with that mid-20s pick, plus additional assets?
I think you're probably overlooking the value of getting 31 back in a swap scenario. That's probably more worthwhile than trading back once or twice and adding maybe a couple seconds at best or something and still needing to perhaps add an asset. Something like that could be possible, sure. It could also open the door for another team to step up their offer, though, esp. after trading back to the mid-20's potentially.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
If Grubs gets a late 1st, let alone a 12th overall, I would be shocked. Fleecing for Washington.
He's a very good goalie, easily a #1 on several teams. I think he's our best "backup" goalie since Varlamov. I think whatever team gets him is going to be very satisfied, to me a young and reliable #1 is easily worth a first.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Holland needs to steer clear of this. Let this team tank next year and the year after and then explode back into contention.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Do you know understand that Brooks Orpik was involved in the trade as well? Do you think the Avalanche paid to get a player that they intend to buy out?

Still the difference between 12 and 47 is not the negative value of Orpik

Reactions: Kevin27NYI
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad