POTENTIAL: Defensive prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

BINGOV

Feb 13, 2003
Topolcany, Czech.
Visit site
BINGOV said:
In which order would you guys rank the following prospects, in terms of their potential all-around game? (I.e. Offensive and Defensive play)

Shea Weber
Danny Syvret
Luc Bourdon
Mike Green
Clayton Stoner
Mike Egener
Johan Fransson
Matthew Greene

Thanks.

(1) Shea Weber
(2) Luc Bourdon
(3) Johan Fransson
(4) Danny Syvret
(5) Mike Green
(6) Clayton Stoner
(7) Mike Egener
(8) Matthew Greene

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
In Order...

Luc Bourdon
Shea Weber
Clayton Stoner
Matthew Greene
Mike Green
Johan Fransson
Mike Egener
Danny Syvret

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Shea Weber
Luc Bourdon
Johan Fransson
Mike Green
Mike Egener
Danny Syvret
Clayton Stoner
Matthew Greene

BINGOV

Feb 13, 2003
Topolcany, Czech.
Visit site
Langer said:
In Order...

Luc Bourdon
Shea Weber
Clayton Stoner
Matthew Greene
Mike Green
Johan Fransson
Mike Egener
Danny Syvret

Does Greene have much of an offensive upside? From what I've read, Egener and Greene should both develop into defensive stalwarts, with Egener having the greater offensive upside.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
BINGOV said:
Does Greene have much of an offensive upside? From what I've read, Egener and Greene should both develop into defensive stalwarts, with Egener having the greater offensive upside.

He makes a good outlet pass but is by no means known for his offense. As for the list

Luc Bourdon
Shea Weber
Matthew Greene
Clayton Stoner (know nothing about the guy)
Mike Green
Mike Egener
Danny Syvret
Johan Fransson

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
BINGOV said:

I have Greene pegged has the best defensive defenceman on the list. His offensive game probably won't be much I agree, and that's why he's not #1 on the list.

Egener has good skating and a nice shot but he's got no offensive instincts. How good of a passer is he I don't know and I don't see him being the player Greene is defensively either. I think he'll make more blunders.

Syvret is the clear worse on the list, IMO. I don't see much potential for offensive or a defensive game in the NHL, and he's not that big.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
BINGOV said:
In which order would you guys rank the following prospects, in terms of their potential all-around game? (I.e. Offensive and Defensive play)

Shea Weber
Danny Syvret
Luc Bourdon
Mike Green
Clayton Stoner
Mike Egener
Johan Fransson
Matthew Greene

Thanks.

Weber
Bourdon
Fransson
Green
Stoner
Greene
Egener
Syvret

chuckie

Feb 24, 2003
Visit site
I think mike green is very underated on this list , he looks to be a solid all purpose dman. Matt greene and weber will be the best defensive dmen on that list.

BINGOV

Feb 13, 2003
Topolcany, Czech.
Visit site
Langer said:
I have Greene pegged has the best defensive defenceman on the list. His offensive game probably won't be much I agree, and that's why he's not #1 on the list.

Egener has good skating and a nice shot but he's got no offensive instincts. How good of a passer is he I don't know and I don't see him being the player Greene is defensively either. I think he'll make more blunders.

Syvret is the clear worse on the list, IMO. I don't see much potential for offensive or a defensive game in the NHL, and he's not that big.

Which current or former NHL player does Matthew Greene most resemble (in playing style) ?

Sticky*

BINGOV said:
Which current or former NHL player does Matthew Greene most resemble (in playing style) ?

Id say, off the top of my head, he really reminds me of Darryl Sydor. SImilar size, similar skillset, smart, solid defenseman, with decent offensive upside.

shoyen

Feb 11, 2003
St. Albert, Alberta
Visit site
BINGOV said:

From what I have read about him, he seems to be a very similar player to a Darrien Hatcher or perhaps a Colin White. In that big, mean, defensive d-man mold. It doesnt appear he has much of an offensive future though..

Chris2004

Dec 22, 2004
Toronto
It is difficult to determine which Dmen will fulfill their potential, and which will not. Defensemen usually take longer to develop anyway, so it wont be until the player is like 25, when u will be able to judge.

thats just my opinion.

With that being said, Weber and Bourdon have the best potential to be top pairing dmen.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Luc Bourdon
Johan Fransson
Shea Weber
Mike Green
Mike Egener
Danny Syvret
Clayton Stoner
Matthew Greene

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
BINGOV said:

Shea Weber
Danny Syvret
Luc Bourdon
Mike Green
Clayton Stoner
Mike Egener
Johan Fransson
Matthew Greene

Thanks.

Bourdon
Green
Greene
Weber
Fransson
Egener
Stoner
Syvret

Sticky*

BINGOV said:
Are you confusing Matthew Greene with Mike Green?

Yep. Lol. NOt p;aying attention, i though i read Mike Green. ANyway that's my Mike Green comparison. lol

crosby_87

Jun 22, 2005
I've seen Matt Greene play for the past 3 years at UND. The one word to describe him would be DOMINANT. He drove opponents into the boards hard, and is a very good defensive defenseman. I don't understand how some of you can have him ranked last on your list, my only guess would be you haven't seen him play too much. He reminds a lot of people of Scott Stevens(Matt was also captain at UND last year)

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
shoyen said:
From what I have read about him, he seems to be a very similar player to a Darrien Hatcher or perhaps a Colin White. In that big, mean, defensive d-man mold. It doesnt appear he has much of an offensive future though..

Darrien Hatcher seems right to me, but without the cheapshot mentality. ;)

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I like Green alot, following UND for a long time I think Green will be a great #3 defensmen who plays a physical mean game. He is a smarter Colin White IMO.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
BINGOV said:
Any thoughts on Stoner? (I.e. offensive and defensive capabilities)

Before last year in the WHL he was known as a more defensive defensmen. Niw after a season he lead the Tri City Defense in scoring with like 46 points in 60 games. HE is really underrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->