Potential buyouts on your team

Status
Not open for further replies.

free0717

Apr 14, 2004
Old Bridge, NJ
Le Golie said:
Yashin is the only one I can see the Isles considering. There aren't many Islanders under contract for next season and certainly none that are ridiculously overpaid.

How much money would it cost Wang to buy out Yashin?

free0717

Apr 14, 2004
Old Bridge, NJ
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Kasp wont get bought out. He helps the younger guys behind the scenes from what I heard. Plus hes our #1 dman now so 3.2 million or whatever isnt bad. I dont see Jagr getting bought out because they still want to sell tickets at MSG. Holik I can easily see beeing the one bought out. His OUTRAGEOUS salary is not what we need with a Cap.

The worst contract the Rags have is Nylander. Holik can play a tough two way game, and Kaspar is a good tough defensemen and a real team man. If the Rangers would buy anyone out, it would be Nylander. Jags is a bargain at 4.18 million and we have to have someone in the lineup that can play, plus with the new rules, the will be alot more open ice for Jagr and he may become once again the premier player in the league.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Le Golie said:
Yashin is the only one I can see the Isles considering. There aren't many Islanders under contract for next season and certainly none that are ridiculously overpaid.

Le Golie I don't see the isles buying out Yashin.

he's due $50m after the rollback.The isles would have to pay roughly $34m on a buyout.Brooks reports they couldn't re-sign Yashin for the remaining $16m.

So that means after paying $34m,Wang has to go out and sign another big name tix draw to a $4.5m-$5m a yr deal?I don't see it happening.

Last edited:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
getnziggywidit said:
Yashin is due to make $39.7M after rollback over the next 6 years ($6.6M per year)

It would cost the Islanders $26.6M to buy him out.

It will cost the Islanders $13.2M or $2.2M per year more to keep Yashin.

Yashin's played 3 seasons with the isles.

Are they wiping the 2004-05 season off the books?That'd leave 6 yrs left.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
I know what you are saying and it sounds good on paper to keep Yashin at only 2.2 more than it would cost to buy him out - but counting that $7.6 against the cap every year would be a huge detriment to the rest of the lineup. If they buy him out and take the initial hit financially, they can sign two more top notch players for what it would cost to keep him.

Hoss

Feb 21, 2005
The Canucks should buy out Bertuzzi. GB is going to keep him out, might as well dump the cap space.

NHLFanSince2020

What'd He Say?
Feb 22, 2003
Visit site
Le Golie said:
I know what you are saying and it sounds good on paper to keep Yashin at only 2.2 more than it would cost to buy him out - but counting that $7.6 against the cap every year would be a huge detriment to the rest of the lineup. If they buy him out and take the initial hit financially, they can sign two more top notch players for what it would cost to keep him.
I think after the rollback, Yashin would get $6.6M per year.

$8.7M multiplied by 0.24 = $6.6M

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
Levitate said:
kasparitas and, ummm...jagr

I figure the rangers want to keep at least one guy like holik in the lineup who brings many different things to the team. kaspar is just overpaid (though I like him) and can be replaced easy enough on the blueline and jagr isn't exactly perfect for a team trying to rebuild

After 24% and sharing with the Caps, Jagr will cost around $4 million. Even tho he sucks compared to the old Jagr, $4 mil is a nice price to pay (and only about 10% of the projected cap) for a 9 time all-star to help rebuild your team.

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
nyrmessier011 said:
After 24% and sharing with the Caps, Jagr will cost around $4 million. Even tho he sucks compared to the old Jagr, $4 mil is a nice price to pay (and only about 10% of the projected cap) for a 9 time all-star to help rebuild your team.

I would watch out with the assumptions that the cap space is split based on what each team is paying. While I think it is the correct thing for the league to do, I'm sure it depends on the language of that (soon to be un-) secret part of the trade.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Kasp wont get bought out. He helps the younger guys behind the scenes from what I heard. Plus hes our #1 dman now so 3.2 million or whatever isnt bad. I dont see Jagr getting bought out because they still want to sell tickets at MSG. Holik I can easily see beeing the one bought out. His OUTRAGEOUS salary is not what we need with a Cap.

kaspar is a good guy to have in general but he's not worth what he gets paid now under a cap and can be replaced pretty easily on the FA market. i like the guy but he is NOT the rangers #1

the thing with jagr is i don't really see him as a guy who helps the team develop or mentors the young players or basically brings anything to the team except some scoring. it is tempting at $4 mill IF that's how it will shake out and IMO that's the one thing he has over holik. i'm inclined to keep holik because i think he does more for a rebuilding team than jagr...he helps stabilize the team and provide a core for them...he puts up points and plays good defense and a physical game and basically made anyone he played with last year better. yes his contract is ugly though...and if we went purely on $$ then he'd be the one to go. i'm just not so sure in other things that jagr is a better choice

Icey

Jan 23, 2005
missK said:
Ditto for Tampa too.

I don't know about that. $32M in payroll already and St. Louis is not signed. That could put Tampa in the market to buy someone out.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
The worst contract the Rags have is Nylander. Holik can play a tough two way game, and Kaspar is a good tough defensemen and a real team man. If the Rangers would buy anyone out, it would be Nylander.

nylanders isn't too terrible...after rollback it's like $2.25 mill/yr

not great but not ugly, and the rangers need a scoring center. if one could easily be found on the FA market to replace him for less then good deal, but if not...

Trottier

Very Random
Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
One can only hope that NYI sees the light, the error of their ways, and the miracle "mulligan" that is (reportedly) being offered up as part of the next CBA...One hopes that a buyout check for ~$35 mil ( 2/3 of 76% of the current OBSCENE $65 mil he is still owed on his contract) is being written up as we speak for Alexei Yashin.

This fan will personally pay for Mr. Alt's one-way ticket out of town, if it means opening up payroll space and roster flexibility, and ridding the team of the single worst contract in the history of professional sports.

But alas, it's Milbury at the helm. So instead, we'll continue to pin our hopes for the next 4-6 years on this leadership-adverse "star," he who wouldn't know "winning" if it hit him in the face...and the band of AHLers with whom we will surround him. :madfire:

Boltsfan2029

Jul 8, 2002
In deleted threads
Icey said:
I don't know about that. $32M in payroll already and St. Louis is not signed. That could put Tampa in the market to buy someone out.

I think they're more likely to not tender qualifying offers to some RFAs rather than buying out players under contract.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Icey said:

They need room for Khabibulin as well, who is likely to be a priority over any other FAs for Tampa.

missK

Aug 1, 2002
Lightning country
Visit site
Icey said:

Latest rumors indicate 04-05 contract will not be used so if you are using 05-06 contracts there are only 8 players under contract. With a 24% rollback here are the numbers:

Sydor $2,432,000
Kubina $2,584,000
Modin $2,204,000
Richards $3,306,000
Prospal $1,900,000
Sarich $1,330,000
Grahame $1,140,000
Dingman $570,000

Total $15,466,000

Who do you think the Lightning would buy-out and and want to lose? NO ONE. We don't have an extravagent UFA signed here.

P.S. The Lightning contract number for 04-05 is $30.7M (for 20 players) including rollback, don't believe everything you read online.

HockeyMan9

Jul 1, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
I'd say the only person Columbus would want to buyout would be Todd Marchant. He still has four years left on his contract, even after the roll back he's overpaid. Sanderson and Cassles contracts aren't so bad after the 24% roll back, Cass could possibly be bought out but i don't think it's all that likely.

danaluvsthekings

May 1, 2004
Miller would be the only one I could see LA buying out if they can't resign the players they buy out. He's overpaid and injury prone and I think LA would just rather say goodbye to him. Norstrom's contract was front loaded so he should only be at about $2 mil next year after the rollback. Plus it would be stupid to buy out your captain and one of the best defensive d-men. I suppose they could buy out Conroy but I think that would be pretty dumb to buy out a guy before he plays 1 game for the team. Conroy will only be at $2.4 mil after the rollback. That's not a huge contract. Otherwise I think LA's doing ok for cap space since I believe those three are their only contracts over $2 mil.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
I would have said Reichel but he's gone.

Nolan could be the Leafs Buyout but a friend said that Nolan said he'd re-work his contract with the Leafs, so I dunno.

I havn't heard anything about Owen re-working a contract, especially in this labour dispute, but I could deffintly see it, especially if the "lose the player" thing is true, I think Nolan wants to be here in Toronto, and might re-work his contract to 2/3rds to stay rather then getting paid 2/3rds and going bye bye.

cgyfireman

Feb 25, 2004
SSJTOM said:
I would have said Reichel but he's gone.

Nolan could be the Leafs Buyout but a friend said that Nolan said he'd re-work his contract with the Leafs, so I dunno.

I havn't heard anything about Owen re-working a contract, especially in this labour dispute, but I could deffintly see it, especially if the "lose the player" thing is true, I think Nolan wants to be here in Toronto, and might re-work his contract to 2/3rds to stay rather then getting paid 2/3rds and going bye bye.

Well that would certainly be an option for Nolan.I'm sure the PA wouldn't be happy with players for doing this but I'm sure the players could care less what the union thinks.

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
In my view the type of player that would be bought out are the older guys on big budget teams. Leafs for example would need to buy out a player (s). Not sure who but they defianetly have a cap problem.

Traitor8

Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
WHAT?

why would Sundstrom get bought out? he is making peanuts and gainey gave him a 2 yr contract...

Why would Rivet get bough out, he's worth around 2.5 right away which isn't that bad.

and Brisebois' contract is over now.... and chances here he would reconstruct his contract instead of being forced to leave the Habs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad