Potential Avs Lineups

Will the top line be split up to start the season?

• Total voters

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Now that the roster is looking closer to being solidified, I thought it would be nice to have a thread to throw out potential lineups. I’m just putting down what I’d like to see, not what I think will happen.

I would start the season with Murray/Makar, then transition to Byram/Makar if Byram is ready. If not, potentially go back to Toews/Makar and Girard/EJ if Murray underwhelms.

Personally, I’d like to spread out the scoring throughout the forward group. Split up the top line, and let Bura/Newhook develop chemistry on the 3rd line.

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Compher
Nichushkin - Kadri - Rantanen
Jost - Newhook - Burakovsky
Helm - Maltsev - LOC

Murray - Makar
Toews - Girard
Byram - Johnson

Kuemper
Francouz

duckbear

Mar 31, 2016
Jost - MacK - Rantanen
Landy - Newhook - Bura
Nichu - Kadri - Compher
Helm - Malts - LOC

Our defense has a lot of good options, but I would like to see some of:
Byram - Makar
Toews - Girard
Murray - EJ

I do not see the top line getting split up though, because Bednar.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
You didn't see enough of the guy who scored 30 goals and 66 points in 52 games to keep him on the top line over a guy who had 18 points in 48 games? Wut?

I was kidding :laugh:

Merely trying to create 3 effective scoring lines and let Rantanen elevate the second line.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
All I know is that G will be forced to play RD and won't be as effective. Then everyone will claim he's overpaid and needs to be traded.

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
I was kidding :laugh:

Merely trying to create 3 effective scoring lines and let Rantanen elevate the second line.

Thank God lol. I don't think you can breakup that top line though, they can take over games at times. Another piece to the middle 6 would be fantastic to add though, that and having Kadri not be a complete ghost all year.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
If we're splitting up the big line I'd like them to go

Landeskog-MacKinnon-Burakovsky
Newhook-Kadri-Rantanen
Nichushkin-Maltsev-Compher
Helm-Jost-O'Connor

Toews-Makar
Murray-Girard
Byram-Johnson

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
My thought after seeing a bunch of these lineups: Sign Tatar.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
My thought after seeing a bunch of these lineups: Sign Tatar.

Tatar or whomever, there's clearly a gap to be addressed on the second line.

A suitable winger pushes everybody down to better spots. One of Jost/Compher goes to the 4th line. Newhook goes to the 3rd line and can generate offense with favorable matchups. One of the 4th liners becomes a healthy scratch/rotation/whatever, just more depth when the inevitable first injury occurs in pre-season.

However, on the other hand, the lineup is more than good enough to finish top 2 in our division at least. Banking a bit of cap space can help us a lot at TDL; of course, we lack some key assets now. More importantly, Joe and Bednar might see this as a good opportunity for Newhook and catching lightning in a bottle. It would be great to establish a young, middle 6 forward on an ELC. Our team is strong enough as-is, having him develop with big minutes and teammates could be a blessing for us.

I personally think we are done now other than if an obvious opportunity pops up; i.e. flipping JTC for a forward or dumping him to create space for Tatar or whomever.

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
Alright here is my shake it up forward group.

Landeskog- MacKinnon- Burakovsky
Nichushkin- Newhook- Rantenen
Jost- Kadri- O' Connor
Helm- Maltsev- Compher

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Only reason to sign Tatar is if you feel Newhook isn't ready, and there's every indication that he is

Plus we have no money left, if we can somehow get a middle 6 LW for Compher and bring up Kaut in his spot then fine but its not super realistic at this point

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Only reason to sign Tatar is if you feel Newhook isn't ready, and there's every indication that he is

Plus we have no money left, if we can somehow get a middle 6 LW for Compher and bring up Kaut in his spot then fine but its not super realistic at this point
If we sign Tatar we can play Newhook at 3C. He needs to learn to play C at the NHL level ASAP because he needs to be our 2C as soon the 2022-23 season. It would suck to have to find another 2C or re-sign 32 yo Kadri.

Reactions: AFK

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Tatar-Kadri-Burakovsky
Nichushkin-Newhook-Compher
Helm-Jost-Maltsev

There you go.

Reactions: AlysonChainz

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Is there? I thought Newhook looked fine last year, but nothing screamed he's 100% going to be a top 6 player as soon as next season.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I'd still like to see an experiment with LOC on the 1st line, the dude is a puck retrieval machine.

LOC - Mack - Rants - 1st line
Landy - Kadri - Nuke - Defensive line
Newhook - Jost - Burakovsky - Sheltered offensive line
Helm - Maltsev - Compher - go zoom zoom do nothing line.

Reactions: Aeros026

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad