Rumor: Potential 24 team PO system

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
As much as it sucks for the contending teams, it's probably the best move to just cancel the rest of the season. Maybe the league compensates all the teams with something for the cancellation (amnesty buyout, draft pick idk)

Players are going home, having them come back in the summer to play when the chemistry of play at game speed is basically zero seems silly.

And trying to cram the playoffs, draft, free agency, preseason and start of next season into the span of 3-4 months is nuts to me

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
As much as it sucks for the contending teams, it's probably the best move to just cancel the rest of the season. Maybe the league compensates all the teams with something for the cancellation (amnesty buyout, draft pick idk)

Players are going home, having them come back in the summer to play when the chemistry of play at game speed is basically zero seems silly.

And trying to cram the playoffs, draft, free agency, preseason and start of next season into the span of 3-4 months is nuts to me

Agreed. But I do think they'll try to have the playoffs, or at least some form of it.

But this does suck for the contending teams to be sure. Just imagine if the Rangers were a cup contending team this season? Lol

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Am I the only one who LOVES the PA's proposal? Play the entire summer, what is the problem? If it has slowed down by then that is, which of course isn't a given.

Reactions: egelband

Governor

Nov 8, 2019
I just want to see all the teams tossed into a playoff bracket not just 24.

Make this a playoffs to truly remember.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Am I the only one who LOVES the PA's proposal? Play the entire summer, what is the problem? If it has slowed down by then that is, which of course isn't a given.

shitty, shitty ice for one!

Reactions: Ola

Say Hey Kid

The best all around player ever
Dec 10, 2007
70 NHL games have been played. How can anyone be so confused to think the NHL (or NBA) draft or playoffs should be changed?

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I guess the issue with the draft to me would be for teams that may have added players for picks to make a run in playoffs, never had playoffs and dont have the picks. I'd be pretty peeved if I traded futures for playoffs and never got the chance to play them, not sure what they can do about it, probably nothing but there will be beefs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->