Postponed Games Thread

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Second time they made the sabres play a team with a positive player test only to shut down more players the next day.

Unconscionable

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The NHL brass can just recycle all their quotes from the Devils debacle....

And the most pressing question right now is did Marchand lick anyone last night?

Last edited:

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
"Tonight the Bruins take on the Sabres in a league that is the professional sports world version of a dumpster fire"

-Jack Edwards

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
For Covid or for injuries? They’re kinda... not the same at all
The flyers were forced to play the outdoor game against the bruins with 7 players still on the COVID list. They cancelled the previous 2 games.

Stinks of favourtism again. The way they have handled this is a joke.

Reactions: Tripod

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
The flyers were forced to play the outdoor game against the bruins with 7 players still on the COVID list. They cancelled the previous 2 games.

Favoritism? So far they have the exact same number of postponements. I’d at least wait until they start playing again to start claiming that. They’re probably just giving it a few days to stop spreading before telling them to play with what they’ve got left.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

Fair enough. The NHL was making the Tahoe games happen anyway. Which on one hand I see why but on the other hand find it stupid

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
7 regulars were out for COVID for the Tahoe game. The NHL is just making the rules up as they go along.
Now I am not saying the Bruins and Sabres should play, it’s just the inconsistencies are frustrating

What inconsistencies? Philly had two games postponed and didn't play for over a week. Boston has two games postponed and is scheduled to play a week since there last game.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
What inconsistencies? Philly had two games postponed and didn't play for over a week. Boston has two games postponed and is scheduled to play a week since there last game.

The Bruins iced a healthy lineup. The Flyers had AHL guys playing so they could have their outdoor spectacle. The NHL should of scrapped the Flyers for the Rangers who were the backup plan. The Flyers had games postponed prior to that game. The whole weekend was a goddamn joke with the circus Saturdays game as well.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
The Bruins iced a healthy lineup. The Flyers had AHL guys playing so they could have their outdoor spectacle. The NHL should of scrapped the Flyers for the Rangers who were the backup plan. The Flyers had games postponed prior to that game. The whole weekend was a goddamn joke with the circus Saturdays game as well.

Oh I was confused what you were mad about. You wanted them to postpone more of your games until you had your guys back. I thought you wanted them to not postpone the Bruins games.

It’s looking like the Bruins are going to be missing most of there top 6 when they’re back unless they postpone more games or they have more false positives like they have had this year.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
FWIW Boston was missing half their defense and two of their top 6 forwards that game.

Oh I was confused what you were mad about. You wanted them to postpone more of your games until you had your guys back. I thought you wanted them to not postpone the Bruins games.

It’s looking like the Bruins are going to be missing most of there top 6 when they’re back unless they postpone more games or they have more false positives like they have had this year.
Kind of the story of their year. Boston's already started 12 different defensemen and 20 different forwards this year and hasn't played 30 games yet.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
It's pathetic. Why even have a taxi squad? Because it gives GMs the opportunity to cheat with the cap. Four Bruins players are on the covid list. FOUR!! They have SIX players sitting on their taxi squad. NHL are run by morons.

Reactions: Tripod

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
It's pathetic. Why even have a taxi squad? Because it gives GMs the opportunity to cheat with the cap. Four Bruins players are on the covid list. FOUR!! They have SIX players sitting on their taxi squad. NHL are run by morons.
They were already missing 9 guys to injury and playing the taxi squad before these 5 went into the protocol

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013

Well, it’s 5 players on the covid list. And it was only 1 before they had them play that game in Buffalo after the first case. They need to make sure it stops spreading before throwing them back out on the ice.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
5 of the 6 on the taxi squad are injured and the other was already in Covid protocols.
Well, it’s 5 players on the covid list. And it was only 1 before they had them play that game in Buffalo after the first case. They need to make sure it stops spreading before throwing them back out on the ice.
It's good that you admit that the taxi squads are completely pointless, other than to circumvent the cap.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
5 of the 6 on the taxi squad are injured and the other was already in Covid protocols.

There Cap friendly page right now is a mess. 7 guys on IR. 1 on the covid list. Other 4 are still in the lineup along with Tinordi who is injured. Plus it’s really only 5 skaters on the taxi squad since you also have a goalie in there.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
It's good that you admit that the taxi squads are completely pointless, other than to circumvent the cap.

The Bruins have 5 skaters and a goalie on there taxi squad right now. I’m sure they’re all going into the lineup Thursday when they come back. You just have to wait for it to stop spreading first so you don’t get a situation like what happened on Thursday where one guy tested positive, they played the game anyways, and then 4 more guys end up testing positive.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
7 regulars were out for COVID for the Tahoe game. The NHL is just making the rules up as they go along.
Now I am not saying the Bruins and Sabres should play, it’s just the inconsistencies are frustrating

See that's a result of being in the Tahoe game. Had it been a normal Sunday game, I guarantee you it would have been postponed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->