Poster You Miss the Most

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
There’s less to talk about when the teams winning and doing good.

Game threads after losses usually have a ton more posts and posters showing up rather than after wins.
I remember when we won the grey cup. So much negativity and we had just won the championship.

Win or lose there seems to be a lot of negative that takes over these boards.

Win a game in a blow out and still the one or two negative things get brought up over and over.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I remember when we won the grey cup. So much negativity and we had just won the championship.

Win or lose there seems to be a lot of negative that takes over these boards.

Win a game in a blow out and still the one or two negative things get brought up over and over.

It's kind of wired in us. We remember negative things more than positive. Negative emotions tend to imprint more readily.

New Study Suggests we Remember the Bad Times Better than the Good

I am not a psychologist but I wonder if this is not related to the fight or flight response. Plus, this is the internet. You can get away with being a grouch easier on the net than you can in real life.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
It's kind of wired in us. We remember negative things more than positive. Negative emotions tend to imprint more readily.

I am not a psychologist but I wonder if this is not related to the fight or flight response. Plus, this is the internet. You can get away with being a grouch easier on the net than you can in real life.
It's really not that surprising. There is just so much negative that gets reported. Reading the news is just depressing, hardly anything good. But bad and controversial obviously sells.

I think I've had about 3 times this year where I had no real internet access for 3-6 days. Those days were some of my best days of the year. Just no negative to worry about.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

If I could, simply put, because good times don't create trauma and the related fixation. The human tendency is hardwired to remember bad things that happen, and that could be connected to the evolutionary fight or flight response, its plausible. When you think about it people that remember harmful things, that have a memory of that, will be less likely to be ambushed, to be leaped by a tiger, or to eat poison mushrooms. So could be some natural selection involved.

Debbie Downer is an evolved condition. ;)

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Since the only two threads going seem to be the Covid thread and the 'what to do during self isolation thread', I thought I would create a thread dedicated to the dead soldiers of this site; the ones who made it a place to come online and regurgitate facts from a game, argue about the minutiae of hockey or just provide a glimmering opinion of hope during the decade of darkness.

My first nomination is LMHF. As someone who didn't live in Canada and couldn't always watch the games, I appreciated his game summaries.

Easily LMHF. His game reviews were great and something that I always looked forward to reading the day after a game.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

May 15, 2003
E-town
Miss you guys too.

Unfortunately between life and career I don't get to anywhere near all the games anymore and my time runs out quickly.

If they make the finals somehow I'll probably do recaps...maybe even conference finals.

Spend what little hockey talk time I have these days over at LTs, along with a good number of the long timers.

Should've transitioned to podcasting long ago - might be in a much different line of work these days. Ah well.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Whatever happened to Oilers Propagandist? His posts made me chuckle, man could he get under Leafs and Flames fans skin.
I couldn't tell if he was trolling or if he actually believed the stuff he said.

Either way it was enjoyable watching him piss off every Toronto and Calgary fan.

Reactions: Del Preston

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I couldn't tell if he was trolling or if he actually believed the stuff he said.

Either way it was enjoyable watching him piss off every Toronto and Calgary fan.

Who cares either way? It was hilarious and I assume those sensitive Leafs fans on the mains likely over reported him.

#reinstateoilerspropagandist

I say dumb shit all the time on here like pretty much everyone who posts on this entire site does. It’s an escape to talk about the greatest sport on earth, sometimes people chirp and say stupid shit. Isn’t that kind of the point of the Internet forums?

Note, I’m assuming the ban hammer has been dropped on him but maybe he willingly stepped away. Either way he’s a ****ing gem and made me laugh out loud multiple times with his posts.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Who cares either way? It was hilarious and I assume those sensitive Leafs fans on the mains likely over reported him.

#reinstateoilerspropagandist

I say dumb shit all the time on here like pretty much everyone who posts on this entire site does. It’s an escape to talk about the greatest sport on earth, sometimes people chirp and say stupid shit. Isn’t that kind of the point of the Internet forums?

Note, I’m assuming the ban hammer has been dropped on him but maybe he willingly stepped away. Either way he’s a ****ing gem and made me laugh out loud multiple times with his posts.
I liked his posts too.

He probably got banned. His ability to get under Leafs fans' skins made him an infraction magnet.

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Banned multiple times.

Someone should advocate to let him come back.

Don’t know the guy but his posts always made me laugh.

If Replacement can come back as Drivesaitl, then Oilers Propagandist deserves to come back even if he’s only allowed to stay in HFOil lol

Reactions: frag2 and TB12

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I liked his posts too.

He probably got banned. His ability to get under Leafs fans' skins made him an infraction magnet.

Leafs fans report the most ****ing petty shit.

If he racked up his ban from getting under Leafs and Flames fans skins that’s a damn shame for HFOil

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

If he racked up his ban from getting under Leafs and Flames fans skins that’s a damn shame for HFOil
They report everything and then seemingly show up in PGTs on HFOil after a game vs them.

Last edited:
Reactions: snipes

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

You gotta be carefull. It is not just Leaf fans that report everything they do no like, we have a couple of posters on this who work as a team, one winds up a certain posters and when that poster takes the bait--the partner then hits the report option

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad