Post your Supplement Stack

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Ever experience side effects from it? Thinking about taking it when I finally bulk but not sure.

I've only been taking it regularly for like 4 months now, I believe. Nothing yet. I've never seen anything online about it either. The only thing to note is the small amount of size/strength gains you'll see only last as long as you take it haha. So as soon as you stop it'll go away.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I've only been taking it regularly for like 4 months now, I believe. Nothing yet. I've never seen anything online about it either. The only thing to note is the small amount of size/strength gains you'll see only last as long as you take it haha. So as soon as you stop it'll go away.

That's why I've always been weary. I'm not trying to take it for life. I know every jacked dude probably took it though. But for the potential side effects and when I stop I lose the gains? I don't see the point imo.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
That's why I've always been weary. I'm not trying to take it for life. I know every jacked dude probably took it though. But for the potential side effects and when I stop I lose the gains? I don't see the point imo.

I don't think there are any side effects to creatine. People used to buy into the old wives table of hair loss but that's been proven false.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I don't think there are any side effects to creatine. People used to buy into the old wives table of hair loss but that's been proven false.

Yeah, I know. It's the most studied supp apparently. Just got me scared and when I stop taking it I lose all the gains? I don't see the point but you should keep us updated on your journey. I might start taking it when I bulk.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I used to take and try all kinds of supplements from GNC (lifetime natty). Now I don't take anything, not even protein powders, and im nicely jacked.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Muscletech Platinum Multi
Vitamin D3
Apple cider vinegar gummies
Loratadine allergy pill (not a supp, but still a daily)

I don't eat lunch, but I'll drink wheatgrass powder if I'm particularly hungry or tired.

I added the ACV gummies about a month ago. They do seem to help with my appetite and blood sugar.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Pre-Workout (150-200MG Cafeine)
Whey
Delta Charge (Intra Workout drink containing electrolytes, BCAAs and multiple kinds of carbs)
Melatonin

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
With breakfast
300mg CoQ10 + 500mg ALCAR + 200mg Resveratrol + 1000mg Avocado oil + 500mg olive extract + 1000 dessicated beef liver + wheatgrass and beet crystal juice

During workout
- sip on one scoop of whey + teaspoon of raw honey

Post workout
- one scoop of whey + peanut butter

heatnikki

Dec 18, 2018
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Double Rich Chocolate
Optimum Micronized Creatine Powder
Cellucor C4 Extreme Pre-Workout
Fish Oil pills
Multivitamin
For better potency I take Kamagra generic, it works great. It causes relaxation of smooth muscle cells of cavernous body and acceletation of blood flow to them. Start working after a couple of hours after taking them.

Last edited:

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Mix my own concoction by buying in bulk for pre/post supplements. Sometimes experiment with different doses but this is generally it

Pre-workout:

5g BCAA
2g Taurine
6g Citrulline Malate
2g Beta-Alanine
200mg caffeine
1.5 Betaine
1.5 L-Tyrosine
1.5g Creatine (used to take HCl, now Kre-Alkalyn buffered mono)
Stevia
A good attitude

Intra
Water

Post-workout
5g BCAA
5g Glutamine
26g whey protein
15g dextrose - used to be 30g but dropped it and it has worked out better for me
Holy crap I remember those days. For years, my cabinets were dominated by similar products. Nowadays, I usually have a preworkout around, which I use maybe 10-20% of the time, and a basic whey post workout, which I always take. But I don’t even care about brands anymore, to a degree of course. But basically whatever is on sale at GNC.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Holy crap I remember those days. For years, my cabinets were dominated by similar products. Nowadays, I usually have a preworkout around, which I use maybe 10-20% of the time, and a basic whey post workout, which I always take. But I don’t even care about brands anymore, to a degree of course. But basically whatever is on sale at GNC.

Wow blast from the past. Thanks for posting this. Been a while and it is neat to see my own evolution - I am similar to you that the cabinets used to be full of this and that. Now it is 200mg caffeine before hand, and a 5g glutamine, 5g BCAA, & protein for post. Don't know about you but for me the change had nothing to do with being frugal and more to do with what actually works. As for brands I am picky as I go for unflavoured (except protein powder).

GreggT

Jun 26, 2020
Muscle Feast Creapure (Creatine) - 2g per day, increased power output during intense physical exercise.
Muscle Feast Whey protein isolate - 20g in morning, 20g in afternoon - for muscle repair.
Keto Trim Keto Trim Review - Things you need to know before buying (work on the mechanism of the Ketogenic diet).
Muscle Feast Micellar casein protein - 20-40g before bed for slow digestion to aid in muscle repair.
Kaged Muscle L-carnitine - 2g per day, for cardiovascular health and to enhance creatine absorption in muscle tissues.
Aged garlic - to reduce gas and bloating caused by all of the extra protein in my diet in the form of whey isolate and casein.
Natrol Melatonin - 5mg time release, for helping ensure restful sleep.
Spirulina - 3g twice per day for neuroprotective benefits.

Last edited:

nihlify

Jan 20, 2010
Yeah, I know. It's the most studied supp apparently. Just got me scared and when I stop taking it I lose all the gains? I don't see the point but you should keep us updated on your journey. I might start taking it when I bulk.
Who's saying you lose your gains? The benefit of creatine is to get more out of your workouts, like an additional rep or two for each set (more or less). You'll lose water retaining when stopping, but the body obviously can't seperate the gains from creatine from the gains you would have gotten regardless. Obviously if you take creatine and you don't put the extra work in, you'll gain nothing. If you're doing to exact same rep/set/weights after starting to take creatine you might as well save your money.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
When exercising, you’re supposed to fail.

It will make you more comfortable failing throughout life. Many people are afraid to fail in life but that’s the only time you truly grow whether it be physically or mentally

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
I don't use any supplements. Maybe I should but I don't. I do it all natural by eating lot's and lot's of food.

The only supplements that have proven to actually work are:
Creatine
Pre-workout
BCAAs - IF you don’t get enough protein

I wouldn’t waste money on the others unless they give you the placebo effect. since you’re not taking any now, I doubt that’s the case

Last edited:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
The only supplements that have proven to actually work are:
Creatine
Pre-workout
BCAAs - IF you don’t get enough protein

I wouldn’t waste money on the others unless they give you the placebo effect. since you’re not taking any now, I doubt that’s the case
EAA’s are more important than BCAAs.

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
Supplements aren’t required at all.

the main thing is how hard you work out and if you’re eating enough.

most people fail in the kitchen regarding reaching their goals
Well of course.
Sorry, I wasn’t clear.
Protein powder isn’t required but is helpful to hit protein goals
Creatine isn’t required but helps with lifting and recovery.
Aminos ONLY help if you’re not getting enough protein

Reactions: Tobias Kahun

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad