Jags68

Oct 16, 2017
C4 Ultimate Pre-workout
Fish Oil Capsules
Glucosamine
Kaizen Protein

SlickShot

Feb 8, 2019
I don't care about getting huge/buff. I just want to have decent muscle and be healthy/fit so I eat lot's of healthy food most of the time and drink lot's of water. I work out 4-5 days a week.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
2 scoops of chocolate whey and 16 oz of water (usually Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard or NutraBio Isolate) and then 1 scoop of preworkout (GCode Vice) before workouts. Outside of that, just eat.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Just figured we'd post what supplements we use for pre, intra and post workouts.

Here's mine:

Pre-Workout
- 1.5 grams of HCL Creatine
- 5 grams of BCAA

Intra-Workout
- Water

Post-Workout
- 30 grams of Gummy bears (Yes, there is a method to this madness)
- 1 complex protein shake (Basically a mix of Whey, Casein and Egg protein that contains 5g of BCAA's and 5g of Glutamine)

Gummy bears? You must be jokin

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
-Morning
Half scoop greens plus extra energy
Half scoop greens plus multi vitamin

-Before workout
Glass of pure grape juice

-Post workout
Whey protein + omega 3 + tablespoon of natural peanut butter

-Before sleep
avacado or another tablespoon of natural peanut butter + small glass of 3 percent milk

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Breakfast: bagel with peanut butter

Lunch: high carb generally pasta with only a bit of sauce

Dinner: same as lunch, high carb again

Snacks: generally some low fat ice cream then whatever else I feel like eating that isn’t high in fat

Two protein shakes a day: one whey after workout and one casein a bit before bed

Im on a 60/20/20 macro split right now. Surprisingly not that hard to do if you use myfitnesspal or another app like that and cut out most of the dairy products. Normally comes to about 3500 - 4000 calories a day. I’m definitely always full, but I’m seeing some steady weight gain which is my goal.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Bought some cheap gelatin off Amazon. Going to start taking them after work-outs for the collagen. Also recently started taking a Vitamin D supplement with the research out about its importance for muscle growth. I probably could get it all in with foods, but I'm not trying to eat like 4 servings of dairy a day, so this will do for now.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Update: mixing the gelatin into the post workout shake was a terrible idea :laugh: it makes the texture so terrible. Going to pick up the pill form tomorrow.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
After work out, it's important to get a carbohydrate into your bloodstream within about 30 minutes. So, yes, there is a method to this madness. The type of carb you eat around working out should be something high-glycemic (ideally maltodextrin).

I get the science behind it but just wondering from somebody who has done it if it actually works.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
After work out, it's important to get a carbohydrate into your bloodstream within about 30 minutes. So, yes, there is a method to this madness. The type of carb you eat around working out should be something high-glycemic (ideally maltodextrin).

Muesli bars are good.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I’m doing it currently and seeing some results. Hard to tell if that’s from the change or not though.

Yeah, I'm doing it too it can't hurt. I was buying packs of Haribo but pain in the ass dividing them up. Costco has a box of 80 packs of gummy fruit snacks with basically the same nutritional information. Going to be a lot cheaper in the long run too.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Yeah, I'm doing it too it can't hurt. I was buying packs of Haribo but pain in the ass dividing them up. Costco has a box of 80 packs of gummy fruit snacks with basically the same nutritional information. Going to be a lot cheaper in the long run too.

I would recommend just going to a local liquor store that sells home brewing materials or Amazon and grabbing Maltodextrin. Super cheap and it doesn’t taste like anything if you mix it with whey protein.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I would recommend just going to a local liquor store that sells home brewing materials or Amazon and grabbing Maltodextrin. Super cheap and it doesn’t taste like anything if you mix it with whey protein.

I already got some for home brewing lol how much a day?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I don't really like this guy, but he presents facts. Whey protein and soy protein have been proven to have possible cancer and diabetic causing side effects. All protein powders build the same amount of muscle. At the end of the day its best to go with a plant based protein powder as long as its not soy.

lol, everything in the world is linked to cancer. Protein is well at the bottom of that list compared to other daily things.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I've been looking to possible testosterone boosters/estrogen blockers. Here is an article critical of these forms of supplements.

Are testosterone-boosting supplements effective? Not likely

Researchers performed a Google search with the search term "Testosterone Booster," thus mimicking a typical internet research for someone looking to increase testosterone levels, and then selected the first 50 products that came up in their search. Then, the team reviewed published scientific literature on testosterone and the 109 components found in the supplements. Zinc, fenugreek extract and vitamin B6 were three of the most common components in the supplements.
The team also compared the content for each supplement with the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) and the upper tolerable intake level (UL) as set by the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Science.
Of the 150 supplements, researchers came across 16 general claims to benefit patients, including claims to "boost T or free T," "build body lean mass or muscle mass," or "increase sex drive or libido."

While 90% of the T booster supplements claimed to boost testosterone, researchers found that less than 25% of the supplements had data to support their claims. Many also contained high doses of vitamins and minerals, occasionally more than the tolerable limit.

Still have a lot more research to do.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Just figured we'd post what supplements we use for pre, intra and post workouts.

Here's mine:

Pre-Workout
- 5 grams of BCAA

Intra-Workout
- Water

Post-Workout
- 30 grams of Gummy bears (Yes, there is a method to this madness)
- 1 complex protein shake (Basically a mix of Whey, Casein and Egg protein that contains 5g of BCAA's and 5g of Glutamine)

Why do you take BCAAs? Also why HCL Creatine and not just monohydrate? Just curious. Also glad you didn't say Gummy bears intra-workout. People think that you can do that and it will instantly give you more energy. Doesn't work that fast.

Pre-workout
-a banana an hour before I leave work, which I have about a 30-40 minute commute
-1 scoop of Ghost/C4 pre-workout (way cheaper to make your own but I'm lazy to do that and I like the taste)
-5g creatine monohydrate

Intra-workout
-Water

Post-workout
-Usually a shake with 1-2 scoops of whey, 1 cup of water, 1 cup of milk

FYI the "protein window" thing is a myth and I usually just do a shake post-workout because I feel like my appetite is craving something again. You have up to a day after you work out to get the protein in.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Lot of weird info on this board. Only creatine you need is monohydrate. Cheapest and does the job. BCAAs are basically useless unless you don't get enough protein in from food/whey and the protein window is a myth. Also anything that is available over the counter to boost testosterone is not worth investing in.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Lot of weird info on this board. Only creatine you need is monohydrate. Cheapest and does the job. BCAAs are basically useless unless you don't get enough protein in from food/whey and the protein window is a myth. Also anything that is available over the counter to boost testosterone is not worth investing in.

Ever experience side effects from it? Thinking about taking it when I finally bulk but not sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->