Line Combos: Post your Line Combos (13-14)

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Pacioretty Plekanec Gionta
Bourque Eller Briere
Prust Galchenyuk Gallagher
Moen Dumont White

Gorges Subban
Markov Emelin
Tinordi Diaz

Desharnais hopefully traded.

Top Corner2

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
Patches - Desharnais - Briere

Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gallagher

Bourque - Eller - Gio

Prust - Whitey - Moen/Parros

Dumont

Gorges - Subban

Markov - Tinordi

Diaz - Bou-Bou

Price

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Don't we enough midget in our team right now? serious question. Any information about Gionta and the possibility of him starting the season at times?

Yeah, definitely. Just ship them out for scraps, then. :dunce: Serious answer.

Gionta is supposed to miss about a month+, last time I heard.

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Mine:

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Briere
Bourque-Eller-Gallagher
Desharnais-Galchenyuk-Gionta
Prust-White-Moen/Parros

Gorges-Subban
Tinordi-Markov
Emelin-Diaz

Bouillon
Drewiske
Callup: Beaulieu

Price
Budaj

That Third line is putrid......They will get killed!

Desharnais and Gionta need to go, as in get traded for whatever is being offered.
Emelin will not be ready until after X-mas, so expect Boullion to play in the 5/6 spot.

As a fan I want to say Montreal will have the same type of regular season success they had a year ago but the realist in me knows that with teams Like Ottawa Detroit Toronto Boston all having beefed up their lineups, Montreal will struggle to make the playoffs with what they have today.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
I would like to see 3 good offensive line

Patches-Plekanec-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Eller-Briere
Bourque-Desharnais-Gionta(would be better if DD/Gionta would be trade for someone bigger)
Prust-White-Moen/Parros

Tinordi-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Diaz

You know what? This is probably the best way to sort it out, given what we have right now.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Bourque - Pleks - Gio (gallgher to start season)
--> line used vs opposition top line/defensive zone starts in crucial moments

MaxPac - Desharnais - Gallagher (Leblanc/Thomas if they earn it to start season, if not prust/moen)
--> line used opportunistically, off zone starts & vs 4th line opposition whenever possible

Galch - Eller - Briere
--> mixed use

Moen - White - Prust
--> "energy role" but also used as secondary match-up line as needed

ideally, we can move Desharnais & sign Morrow or Cleary...

Bourque - Pleks - Gionta

MaxPac - Galch - Briere

Morrow/Cleary - Eller - Gallagher

Moen - White - Prust

like that a LOT more!

Laboeuf

Apr 14, 2013
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
This line works well, no need to break them up. Could also replace Eller with Prust.

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta/Briere
Therrien seems to like Bourque with Plekanec. Gionta is injuried so Briere replaces him.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Leblanc
There might be an opening this year for Leblanc. He needs to show he belongs.

Prust-White-Moen/Parros
The energy line.

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
What i wanna see:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Bourque - Briere - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Prust
White - Dumont - Parros

Subban - Emelin
Markov - Gorges
Diaz - Bouillon

Price
Budaj

What i Expect to see:

Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - DD - Briere
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Prust - White - Parros

Markov - Emelin
Subban - Bouillon
Diaz - Gorges

Price
Budaj

This is with everyone Healthy and un-injured, Yes my team i want to see dose'nt have DD, We can give him more time to prove himself but if he fails us i say Trade him (Trade him now well he has more Value to a team desperate for C Like St.louis for Picks/Futures same with Moen)

To start the season since emelin is out i assume Tinordi will be his replacement.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
When Desharnais and Gionta are moved, which looks to be soon, the Habs would be wise to have wingers in place to assume Galchenyuk's and Gionta's positions. I have been promoting a trade with Dallas for Brett Ritchie RW to take Gionta's place and Nick Ritchie LW in the 2014 draft to be ready to take Galchenyuk's LW slot.

These moves will most likely take place by the summer of 2015 IMO. At that point the maturation of Collberg, McCarron and the Ritchie brothers will be at hand. I realize that's idealistic thinking, but within the realm of possibilities, Dallas having A. Chiasson and V. Nicushkin at RW means B.Ritchie will be moved IMO, I just hope Bergevin's thinking is likewise and they are in talks already.

With the addition of McCarron and Collberg the last two drafts, RW looks to be solid barring injuries or veterans being moved. The Habs defence will have added Beaulieu by the end of this season IMO, and with both Tinordi and Beaulieu joining Markov, Emelin, Gorges and Diaz to start the 2014/2015 season the backend will be solid.

The start of the 2014/2015 season the Habs will be set to bring in our 1st rounders (Collberg & McCarron) and Bourque will probably join Plekanec on 3rd line duties. This is the reasoning behind trading for B.Ritchie & drafting N.Ritchie, besides the Habs gaining talent with size in their top nine, changing the character of the team from small and speedy, to a well balanced team.

Players like Hudon, Andrighetto, Reway and Gallagher will have linemates with talent, size and speed that are physical enough to create room for them to be creative. This is the Montreal Canadiens way, the dynasty teams of the past have always had the smaller players with ultra talent (Lafleur, Mondou, Lemaire) accompanied by the Mahovlich's and Robinson's to make room for their magic.

It's getting so close I'm beginning to smell it coming, #25 is on it's way and once it starts, stopping them will be a horrendous feat for the other teams.:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Last edited:

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
Obviously having 4 smurfs + Plekanec on the 3 top lines is a challenge. I have no idea how to make 3 decent lines with that.

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
The best I can do:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Galchenyuk
1st line, giving accrued responsabilities to Galchenyuk. 19-20 minutes.

Briere-Desharnais-Bourque
Offensive zone trio. No defensive responsabilities. 15-16 minutes

Gionta/Prust-Eller-Gallagher
Responsible shutdown 3rd line with offensive potential. 15-16 minutes.

Prust/Parros- White- Moen
Some sandpaper with shutdown abilities. 9-11 minutes, with White being replaced by Eller/Plekanec on more important duties. If Gionta is out and Prust is on the 3rd line, reduce playtime.

Problems with our line up is the 4 smurfs + Plekanec on the top 3 lines, and the fact that we don't have any clear-cut 1st liners. Only Plekanec and Pacioretty qualify as legit 1st liners, and they're not of the elite kind.

Lions999

Jun 28, 2011
If this is our team: Patches Pleks Gionta
Galchenyuk Eller Gallagher
Bourque DD Briere
Prust White Parros

Top Corner2

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
Who's going to surprise and make the team this year???

Which prospect is going to earn a spot this year?

Out of camp?

By mid season?

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Please tell us where you got this information because i just dont see wich team would want an old over the hill Gionta or a half pint hockey player..? :(

Nobody needs say that they will go, time will take care of that and contracts run out then they become UFA's. Then it's not the Habs problem, there are only so many openings and if they don't produce like Gomez then it's their problem,no?:nod:

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Which prospect is going to earn a spot this year?

Out of camp?

By mid season?

Leblanc is a darkhorse out of camp... Dumont as well.

By mid season one of the Dog D-men may prove ready. Beaulieu is obvious but maybe another will establish themselves if they can develop a good shut down game. A guy like Ellis could surprise if he can alter/simplify his game.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
its funny how stronger our lu looks without DD in it, could have prust - gally - gally as our 3rd line

NewHabsEra*

Pacioretty Plekanec Briere

Galchenyuk Eller Gallagher

Gionta DD Bourque

Parros/Moen White Prust

Intangiblezz

Oct 21, 2012
Max Pacioretty - Tomas Plekanec - Brendan Gallagher
- ~20 minutes

Alex Galchenyuk - Lars Eller - Daniel Briere
- ~16 minutes

Rene Bourque - David Desharnais - Brian Gionta
- ~15 minutes

Brandon Prust - Ryan White - Travis Moen
- ~9 minutes

I think we run a 1st line, a 4th line and pretty much two 2nd or 3rd lines whichever way you want to look at it.

For the powerplay im hoping for:

Max Pacioretty - Tomas Plekanec - Daniel Briere
PK Subban - Andrei Markov

Rene Bourque - Lars Eller - Brendan Gallagher
Rafael Diaz - Alex Galchenyuk

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I think prust starts on the third line with gio out, and I'd pencil either Parros or dumont in on the 4th

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
Max Pacioretty - Tomas Plekanec - Brendan Gallagher
- ~20 minutes

Alex Galchenyuk - Lars Eller - Daniel Briere
- ~16 minutes

Rene Bourque - David Desharnais - Brian Gionta
- ~15 minutes

Brandon Prust - Ryan White - Travis Moen
- ~9 minutes

I think we run a 1st line, a 4th line and pretty much two 2nd or 3rd lines whichever way you want to look at it.

For the powerplay im hoping for:

Max Pacioretty - Tomas Plekanec - Daniel Briere
PK Subban - Andrei Markov

Rene Bourque - Lars Eller - Brendan Gallagher
Rafael Diaz - Alex Galchenyuk

Love the forward lines, that's how I'd like to see them. But wouldn't have Galchenyuk on the point during the PP. Too much responsibility IMO for a young player. He could really get down on himself it a shorthanded goal is scored because he was beat defensively. Or make him question or rush the plays as he is worried about turning it over and having to be the defenseman. Rather just see him replace Bourque as one of the forwards.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Not a Habs fan, but I live in Montreal so I know a lot about your team. Here's my two cents. I think you guys should go for something like this:

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gionta
Bourque-Eller-Briere
Galchenyuk-Leblanc-Gallagher
Prust-White-Moen/Parros

Trade Desharnais for whatever you can get, and hopefully Eller can put up 40-50 points at least on the 2nd line.

Also, have you guys ever considered trading Plekanec? IMO he's probably one of your most valuable forwards in terms of the return you can get. He's been part of the team for a really long time, I think it would be wise to move on. Personally, I think you guys should have traded him at the deadline for a guy like Bolland.

What do you guys think?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad