Post Your 2022 Draft List

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Oh, okay. I was wondering if I was doing something differently. Crappy usually matches the description I would use in the early season for the clips.
For this draft obviously Wright was playing in the CHL before the pandemic so he was easy to watch (and was amazing himself). It'll be interesting to see how other OHL guys who were drafted a year ago and haven't played yet do this year. They only get 1 year of OHL play to show off before their drafts rather than 2. We could see guys who no one has even thought about yet sky rocket into upper rounds.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I think, Miroshnichenko is going to be what Gurianov is right now. They look very similar in everything, including not very good IQ. Which is still not that bad, because Gurianov is a solid NHLer.

Yes , what adds to this issue is that these below average hockey IQ players from Russia are usually the ones to head to North America early which hurts them even more . Hopefully Miro can stay in Russia until at least 21/22 years old but I believe his contract with Omsk will expire when he will be 19/20.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
How do you guys get material to watch these guys at this early stage?

I watch the NTDP and USHL so you start to see those players prior to their draft eligible year. Some of these players have also been playing the international tournament circuit. Most of my takes develop over the course of the draft year though.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
1. Shane Wright
2. Brad Lambert
3. Danila Yurov
4. Logan Cooley
5. Isaac Howard
6. Simon Nemec
7. Rutger McGroarty
8. Markus Vidicek
9. Ivan Miroshnichenko
10. Elias Salomonsson
11. Frank Nazar
12. David Jiricek
13. Gleb Trikozov
14. Joakim Kemell
15. Danny Zhilkin
16. Ryan Greene
17. Matthew Savoie
18. Denton Mateychuk
19. Ryan Chesley
20. Tristen Luneau
21. Filip Bystedt
22. Arseni Koromyslov
23. Juraj Slavkovsky
24. Lian Bischel
25. Topias Leinonen
26. Noah Ostlund
27. Maddox Fleming
28. Jack Hughes
29. Filip Mesar
30. Jack Devine
31. Antonin Verreault
32. Pano Fimis
33. Ludwig Persson
33. Jimmy Snuggerud
34. Vladimir Grudinin
35. Lane Hutson
36. Alexander Perevalov
37. Miko Mattika
38. Jonathan Lekkerimaki
39. Nathan Gaucher
40. Topi Ronni
41. Ilya Kvochko
42. Cole Spicer
43. Matyas Sapovaliv
44. David Moravec
45. Seamus Casey
46. Elmeri Laakso
47. Jordan Gustafsson
48. Vincent Fillion
49. Michael La Starza
50. Pavel Mintyukov

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
With the NHL loving big defence men again, Noah Warren is another name to keep an eye on. One of the younger players in the draft and is 6’5” and close to 200lbs
I know Warren all too well...he is a very good talent...im not sure Gatineau is going to be the team he thrives on though, I think Warren aside from Luneau has the best pro upside of all QMJHL defenders....big and can skate well, he does everything well, I just want to see him put it all together, he has scary talent that is un taped

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
A lot of watching/reading really crappy clips/games/reports
personally myself i get my info during all this covid from 3 NHL scouts i know plus a Euro NHL scout I know...what i can get for Video and the limited QMJHL stuff i saw this year since i was unable to travel at all...even the scouts did not travel and just did games sent to them which i watched as well...but I do not know every player well i ranked...it was me speaking to mostly the guys i know and going off older viewings...was a tough year for anyone to really see people live.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah, but Yurov is 1.5 times a player, than Miroshnichenko, and it's at least...

I think it's very easy to overrate Miroshnichenko. I did it, as well. His shot, speed, size, power, puck skills are all really good. It's easy to say he's a young Kovalchuk, but you watch this guy play and Michkov and Yurov are outplaying him, two guys without the great athletic tools or shooting power of Miroshnichenko. I wouldn't say he's a bad playmaker or lacks hockey sense, but I think you are right that he's probably not that generational type of power goal scoring winger that people see the potential for. He's a good player, and will be drafted high. As you said, I think I'd say that he's a worse prospect than Yurov, and I'd also add Michkov as better than Miroshnichenko.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I think it's very easy to overrate Miroshnichenko. I did it, as well. His shot, speed, size, power, puck skills are all really good. It's easy to say he's a young Kovalchuk, but you watch this guy play and Michkov and Yurov are outplaying him, two guys without the great athletic tools or shooting power of Miroshnichenko. I wouldn't say he's a bad playmaker or lacks hockey sense, but I think you are right that he's probably not that generational type of power goal scoring winger that people see the potential for. He's a good player, and will be drafted high. As you said, I think I'd say that he's a worse prospect than Yurov, and I'd also add Michkov as better than Miroshnichenko.

Didn't get the impression that people were overcharging Miroshnichenko.

Yes Michkov and Yurov are better. The first is an extraordinary player. 2nd choice 2023. The second was born in 2003.

I see Miroshnichenko as a top 10 prospect today.

Overall, Russian hockey seems to have progressed tremendously.Less strong than Michkov and Iurov but very strong nonetheless. It's not like a lot of very talented Russian forwards have been undervalued in recent years.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
As a casual prospect fan, I appreciate these lists. One thing I’d mention is I have no idea (without searching each player) what position they play. Maybe keep that in mind for us who don’t put the work in you guys / gals do. But thanks.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
@QJL that's the lowest I've seen Savoie. I'm not a 'prospect watcher' let a lone a scout, so my opinion doesn't matter, but I'm always intrigued when I see such diverting opinions. Is this a scenario where you see Savoie as a potential top 6 forward, and the draft is just loaded, or you are you just lower on his potential?

Forgive me if that sounds defensive, no dog in the fight, just want to learn more where I can (as I anticipate the Sharks will be drafting bottom 10 again).

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
@QJL that's the lowest I've seen Savoie. I'm not a 'prospect watcher' let a lone a scout, so my opinion doesn't matter, but I'm always intrigued when I see such diverting opinions. Is this a scenario where you see Savoie as a potential top 6 forward, and the draft is just loaded, or you are you just lower on his potential?

Forgive me if that sounds defensive, no dog in the fight, just want to learn more where I can (as I anticipate the Sharks will be drafting bottom 10 again).

Outside of Savoie’s abilities with a puck on his stick, pretty much every aspect of his game is a concern for me. His skating, his consistency, his defense, his decision making, and his size for the type of player he is. I see a boom or bust prospect who has yet to figure out key aspects of the game. He’s in the range of 2021s like Lysell and Coronato, except this is a deeper draft with multitudes of three zone players.

Reactions: matt trick

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
1. Shane Wright
2. Brad Lambert
3. Danila Yurov
4. Logan Cooley
5. Isaac Howard
6. Simon Nemec
7. Rutger McGroarty
8. Markus Vidicek
9. Ivan Miroshnichenko
10. Elias Salomonsson
11. Frank Nazar
12. David Jiricek
13. Gleb Trikozov
14. Joakim Kemell
15. Danny Zhilkin
16. Ryan Greene
17. Matthew Savoie
18. Denton Mateychuk
19. Ryan Chesley
20. Tristen Luneau
21. Filip Bystedt
22. Arseni Koromyslov
23. Juraj Slavkovsky
24. Lian Bischel
25. Topias Leinonen
26. Noah Ostlund
27. Maddox Fleming
28. Jack Hughes
29. Filip Mesar
30. Jack Devine
31. Antonin Verreault
32. Pano Fimis
33. Ludwig Persson
33. Jimmy Snuggerud
34. Vladimir Grudinin
35. Lane Hutson
36. Alexander Perevalov
37. Miko Mattika
38. Jonathan Lekkerimaki
39. Nathan Gaucher
40. Topi Ronni
41. Ilya Kvochko
42. Cole Spicer
43. Matyas Sapovaliv
44. David Moravec
45. Seamus Casey
46. Elmeri Laakso
47. Jordan Gustafsson
48. Vincent Fillion
49. Michael La Starza
50. Pavel Mintyukov

Wow Savoie at 17 really stands out...as odd.
NM just saw your post above.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Outside of Savoie’s abilities with a puck on his stick, pretty much every aspect of his game is a concern for me. His skating, his consistency, his defense, his decision making, and his size for the type of player he is. I see a boom or bust prospect who has yet to figure out key aspects of the game. He’s in the range of 2021s like Lysell and Coronato, except this is a deeper draft with multitudes of three zone players.

Awesome context, thank you!

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
His skating.

Credibility -> :golfnana:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad