Windsor
Sarnia
Erie
Flint

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
EAST:
1> Ottawa
- They have a pretty easy schedule to run out the season. With a current seven point lead, I cannot see them relinquish that. I’d be surprised if they lost five games the rest of the way.
2> Nagara
- Maybe not the most screwed deadline deals, they did acquire significant talent. I’m not sold on their defense and goaltending to be considered ELITE but they will be good enough to win their division slightly ahead of UPL and the Wolves.
3> Sudbury
- UPL will keep them in games, all games. Will they ride him hard the rest of the way to get the 3rd seed and fight for the division? If they do, he will tire and maybe not be as fresh come playoffs.
4> Oshawa
- If Sudbury is smart and they give UPL the rest he needs, Oshawa is still strong enough to wrestle away the 3rd seed. Strong deadline moves keep them in position while looking after the future.
5> Peterborough
- Strong in net and relatively solid all around. The Petes are a team that will always give a tough game to their opponents. They may not stack up against the top teams in the league but they will get their fair share of wins.
6> North Bay
- Strong front line scoring led by Brazeau. I don’t think that will be enough to get them to the 5th seed. They are right there with the Petes.
Rest is a crap shoot....
7> Hamilton
8> Mississauga
9> Barrie
10> Kingston

WEST:
1> London
- In tough with SSM but I don’t think they will relinquish that lead. Obviously not a strong deadline holding only two cards but they did well considering.
2> Sault Ste. Marie
- Although Saginaw did make some decent deadline moves, I can’t see SSM relinquishing their division lead.
3> Guelph
- They looked at their chips, looked at their opponents and said, “ALL IN.” They quite possibly rewrote the book on deadline acquisitions. They took advantage of a weak priced market and went to town. They may surge but not enough to catch London.
4> Saginaw
- Some predictable deadline moves. They are stronger. I sort of expected a bit more though. I don’t know if this deadline for them was a disappointment or not. They participated but seemingly only half hearted. I think that franchise needed the injection of a stronger deadline. I think, even after those moves, they are our Round Two which is a waste.
5> Windsor
- Didn’t really do a selloff. They’ve pretty much been rolling with the same team minus DiPietro all season. That should bode well in the standings and give them the 5th seed
6> Sarnia
- Like Winsdor, they pretty much held the course. They’ll let the chips fall where they fall.
7> OWen Sound
- Mass exodus. Did they get enough back to stay in the playoffs? I think so.
8> Kitchener
- Some predicted a sell off but one real trade. They work hard.
9> Erie
- They will make it tough for Kitchener but in the end, Kitchener has the better tools.
10> Flint
- UMMM, Yeah.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
1. London
2.Soo
3.Saginaw
4.Guelph
5.Owen Sound
6.Windsor
7.Sarnia
8.Kitchener
9.Erie
10. Flint

West

1. Ottawa
2.Sudbury (Maybe the wildcard in the league)
3.Oshawa
4.Niagara
5.PBO/NB/HAM/MISS (anyone's guess is as good as mine)
6.PBO/NB/HAM/MISS (")
7.PBO/NB/HAM/MISS (")
8.PBO/NB/HAM/MISS (")
9.Barrie
10.Kingston

Unfortunately I'm not as up on the east teams as I'm a fan of in western side of the league so I can't say anymore then will probably see an Ottawa vs. To be name contender from the east final. With 4 team bunched up between 5-8 it's hard to sat were they will fall at the of whats left of the season.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
East

1. Ottawa
2. Niagara
3. Oshawa
4. Sudbury
5. North Bay
6. Peterborough
7. Mississauga
8. Barrie
9. Hamilton
10. Kingston

I don't think Sudbury catches Oshawa. North Bay makes a push and squeaks ahead of Peterborough. Hamilton will probably finish higher than 9th, but I have liked what I have seen from Mississauga and Barrie so I will make that unlikely prediction.

West

1. London
2. Saginaw
3. Sault
4. Guelph
5. Owen Sound
6. Windsor
7. Kitchener
8. Sarnia
9. Erie
10. Flint

Saginaw has had the Soo's number all year. Sarnia's defense will continue to cost them points. Flint will climb close to Erie but not quite enough.

Reactions: three dog night

three dog night

May 3, 2014
1. London
2.Soo
3.Saginaw
4.Guelph
5.Owen Sound
6.Windsor
7.Sarnia
8.Kitchener
9.Erie
10. Flint

West

1. Ottawa
2.Sudbury (Maybe the wildcard in the league)
3.Oshawa
4.Niagara
5.PBO/NB/HAM/MISS (anyone's guess is as good as mine)
6.PBO/NB/HAM/MISS (")
7.PBO/NB/HAM/MISS (")
8.PBO/NB/HAM/MISS (")
9.Barrie
10.Kingston

Unfortunately I'm not as up on the east teams as I'm a fan of in western side of the league so I can't say anymore then will probably see an Ottawa vs. To be name contender from the east final. With 4 team bunched up between 5-8 it's hard to sat were they will fall at the of whats left of the season.
Sudbury eights points in the rear now of the Ice Dogs

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
East:
Ottawa
Niagara
Oshawa (3 games left vs Sudbury, two at home including the last game of the season...I think they clinch 3rd in that final game)
Sudbury
North Bay (strong play as of late and I expect it to continue)
Mississauga (9 of their remaining 20 games are against the bottom 6 teams in the league)
Peterborough (will they ever get a fully healthy lineup?)
Hamilton (only 4 games left against the bottom 6 teams......defense is struggling)
Barrie
Kingston

West:
London
Saginaw
SSM
Guelph
Kitchener
OS
Sarnia
Windsor
Erie
Flint

Some great races in the bottom half of the standings that likely won't be decided until the last week.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
East:
Ottawa
Niagara
Oshawa (3 games left vs Sudbury, two at home including the last game of the season...I think they clinch 3rd in that final game)
Sudbury
Mississauga (9 of their remaining 20 games are against the bottom 6 teams in the league)
Hamilton (only 4 games left against the bottom 6 teams......defense is struggling)
Barrie
Kingston

West:
London
Saginaw
SSM
Guelph
Kitchener
OS
Sarnia
Windsor
Erie
Flint

Some great races in the bottom half of the standings that likely won't be decided until the last week.

Kitchener in 5th place? They got blown out to Flint the other night. Nothing against Kitchener, but I feel like they're more of a 7/8 seed team this year.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Kitchener in 5th place? They got blown out to Flint the other night. Nothing against Kitchener, but I feel like they're more of a 7/8 seed team this year.

Yes, but Kitchener didn't give up as much at the deadline as OS and OS has fired the coach and......
Kitchener beat OS tonight, in OS, 7-4.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
East:
Ottawa
Niagara
Sudbury
Barrie
Kingston

West:
London
Saginaw
SSM
Guelph
Kitchener
OS
Sarnia
Windsor
Erie
Flint

Does Peterborough being fully healthy now change your East predictions?

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Does Peterborough being fully healthy now change your East predictions?
They are still too unpredictable and inconsistent for me. Part of that is because of injuries and part because of team chemistry. Maybe they finish 6th, but I’m not convinced they have a shot at 5th.
A series with Oshawa would be fun

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Kitchener now 1 point out of 5th place.

5-6-7-8 was a crap shoot at the deadline. All those teams were bunched together for the most part. We had a pretty good idea Flint and Erie would drop to non-playoff status. Windsor may be slightly underperforming. Same with Sarnia. Kitchener may be slightly over performing. But, in the end, they will all pretty much be bunched together within about 8 points at seasons end, more than likely.

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
If I could redo this as of today with about 15 games left I'd put us second
1st Ottawa
2nd Sudbury
3rd Niagara
4th Oshawa
5-9 is a mix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad