Line Combos: Post TDL: How do want the lines now?

Who completes the top 9?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camjams

Jul 6, 2018
March-Bergy-Heinen
Debrusk-Krejci-Pasta
Nordstrom-Coyle-Johansson
Wagner-Acciari-Kuraly
Backes

Probably a lot of different combos but this is how I see the top 13 forwards in the playoffs barring injury

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Marchand Bergeron Heinen
Debrusk Krejci Pastrnak
Johansson Coyle (Backes/Kuhlman/Cehlarik)
Wagner Acciari Kuraly

Kuhlman is probably the best option for that spot on the 3rd line but if Backes keeps playing like he has the last two games he is definitely good enough. Cehlarik has long had a turnover issue, Leach had even commented on it down in providence as something he was working at. I think they won’t use him come playoff time

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I don't want to break up Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak, but with the way the roster looks, it feels like the best way to get the most of everyone is
Marchand-Bergeron-Heinen
Debrusk-Krejci-Pasta
Mojo-Coyle-Backes/Cehlarik/Nordstrom

I'd break up Pasta and 63/37 on condition that on the PP and late in close games we're trailing they get put back together.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
What I think will happen:

Marchand-Bergeron-Heinen
DeBrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak
Johansson-Coyle-Backes/Cehlarik
Kuraly-Acciari-Wagner

Backes will be given a chance to run with the third line right wing spot, with Cehlarik as backup. Stempniak will get a chance if both of those guys fail to meet expectations or there is an injury.

I do wonder if Nordy will slot in somewhere, as Cassidy seems to like him. Who's better as 4C, Acciari or Nordstrom?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3B

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Kuhlman shouldn't be in the conversation. 0.5PPG in the AHL is not enough for top 9 NHL consideration.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
What will we see tomorrow night ? Why not try Johansson with Coyle ? Some chemistry between those two moving forward could add a whole new dimension we haven’t seen all year .

1dreamof1cup

Jan 9, 2016
What i'd like to see once everyone's healthy :

Marchy - Bergy - Heinen
Johansson - Krejci - Pasta
Debrusk - Coyle - Cehlarik
Kuraly - Acciari - Wagner

After watching some of the highlights on Johansson, I think he'll be very good with Krejci. Looks like he has great playmaking skills, both of them could feed Pasta.

What I think they'll go with :

Marchy - Bergy - Pasta
Debrusk - Krejci - Johansson
Heinen - Coyle - Backes
Kuraly - Acciari - Wagner

Last edited:

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Like a lot of people, I’m happy we have some time to swap pieces around before the playoffs. Gonna have to flip around and evaluate.

I would expect the Bruins to avoid any questionable players and ride the top 2 lines in the playoffs. So, as much as we like Kulman and Cehlarik...I’d bet they aren’t even a thought. Stempniak is nothing but total emergency.

I’d like to think Acciari isn’t safe, but I get the feeling coachs like him around at defensive center here and there. I’ve heard assistants mention that a few times between periods.

I’d bet the Bruins go into a shell and ice this in the playoffs:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
DeBrusk-Krejci-Coyle
Nordstrom-MoJo-Heinen
Wagner-Acciari-Kuraly
Backes

I’d like Backes in on the 4th line to give that line a bit more shot at production, but I think they overvalue Acciari. Will play it “safe.” Just like Nordy on L3.

Backes may be greatly diminished, but I wouldn’t mind him in front of the net here and there and his leadership in the playoffs. Playoff goals are often gritty.

Reactions: MetM

YouTakeTheVan

Feb 6, 2017
Kuhlman shouldn't be in the conversation. 0.5PPG in the AHL is not enough for top 9 NHL consideration.
Backes & Nordstrom each have 7 points at even strength over 50 games. Acciari has 6 in 53.

Cehlarik + Kuhlman have 7 in 18 games (combined).

It's not all about points of course but let's not kid around: this is a very low bar and we're looking to fill the 11st or 12th forward position. If you want the best RW for 3rd line, it's Wagner.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Very dependant on how the top two lines look over the next few weeks and if Heinen, Kulemin, Ceharlik or Backes can hold their own up there. If it's going o.k. - once Pasta's back it'd be interesting to see a
Mojo - Coyle - Pasta 3rd line.

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
Backes & Nordstrom each have 7 points at even strength over 50 games. Acciari has 6 in 53.

Cehlarik + Kuhlman have 7 in 18 games (combined).

It's not all about points of course but let's not kid around: this is a very low bar and we're looking to fill the 11st or 12th forward position. If you want the best RW for 3rd line, it's Wagner.

Wagner is our secret weapon on the 4th line

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Two solid middle six players were just added. Can we now get a couple of the offensive black holes out of the lineup? There is no excuse to be playing this many players who are literally in the bottom 30 out of 470 NHL forwards in terms of pts per 60 mins. It makes zero sense. Defense is not an issue. Scoring is, and will be, especially come playoff time.

Bruce has tons of options available now. Will he part with his binkies?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
The amount of people that want backes is the top 9 is mind boggling. I’ll take cehlarik or kuhls over backes without hesitation. If backes didn’t step on the ice at all for the bruins again it would be a good thing.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
I can’t believe Acciari is better than Backes?

He's not better, but he plays his role better. Acciari is a better option as a 4th line center than Backes is as a 3rd line RW. And given how well the 4th line has played, I'd keep Acciari in the lineup over Backes if there was a choice to be made between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->