Line Combos: Post TDL: How do want the lines now?

Who completes the top 9?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I give Backes a couple weeks to figure it out and pray that he can get it going. The experience will be handy in the playoffs. If not, pray that the Nordstrom from October reappears.

Too slow for the playoffs particularly to go up against Tampa and Toronto. He can step in for a game or two to replace an ineffective player maybe but thats it. There is nothing to get going when your that slow IMO.

YouTakeTheVan

Feb 6, 2017
If I had to win a playoff game tonight, I go with Kuhlman for discipline & speed.

But I'd keep Cehlarik in the lineup through the end of the season to see if he can put up points consistently, hold his own on both ends of the ice and avoid untimely giveaways.

Plenty of time for Backes the rest of the way as well.

Reactions: GloveSave1

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
DeBrusk is playing arguably the best hockey of his career and we want to move him to the off-wing?

Marchand Bergeron Heinen
Debrusk Krejci Pasta
Johansson Coyle Backes
Kuraly Acciari Wagner
this seems like the most logical lineup to me. start there & tweak as needed.

I read @LouJersey talking about how Mojo might be a better fit in the top 6 because of his skillset but personally I like the idea of him bringing some east/west play to the 3rd line. We haven't had skill on that line all year, let's give it a go & see if we can get some goals out of it before we mix it up too much.

Reactions: GloveSave1

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
DeBrusk is playing arguably the best hockey of his career and we want to move him to the off-wing?

Marchand Bergeron Heinen
Debrusk Krejci Pasta
Johansson Coyle Backes
Kuraly Acciari Wagner

I may or may not flip Pasta and Heinen, either of them produce well with 63/37, but otherwise that's the lineup I want to see come playoff time.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
this seems like the most logical lineup to me. start there & tweak as needed.

I read @LouJersey talking about how Mojo might be a better fit in the top 6 because of his skillset but personally I like the idea of him bringing some east/west play to the 3rd line. We haven't had skill on that line all year, let's give it a go & see if we can get some goals out of it before we mix it up too much.

You have to sub in 22 for 42 then. I think he is a natural w 46 and 88 tho

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Johansson Krejci DeBrusk
Heinen Coyle Backes
Kuraly Acciari Wagner

PP1
Marchand Bergeron DeBrusk
Krug Pasta

PP2
Johansson Krejci Coyle
Grzelyck McAvoy

I can’t see Bruce playing Cehlarik in the playoffs you can tell he’s not a big fan
Is Backes there to wave Pom poms from the bench? He can’t keep up with the play in regular season never mind playoffs. I agree with the rest but I’d call up Stempniak and rotate Nordstrom, Backes and Stemp to see which one actually fits (which won’t be Backes unless he ties rockets to his skates)

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
Acciari and Backes are two of the worst players in the league but one makes 6 million bucks

JHockey14

Mar 7, 2008
CT
Marchand Bergeron Pasta
JDB Krejci Cehlarik
Mojo Coyle Heinen
Wags Kuraly Backes

Meh. They’re probably still one piece away which is why this deadline was so frustrating but ya dance with the girl ya brought now. If senshyn can ever figure it out he fills such a big need on this team

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
What I want to see:
Marchand + Bergy + Heinen
JD + Krejci + Pasta
M Jo + Coyle + Kulhman
Wagner + Kuraly + Acciari
Cehlarik/Backes/Nordstrom extras or inserted if needed.

What I think Cassidy does:
Marchand + Bergy + Heinen
JD + Krejci + Pasta
M Jo + Coyle + Backes
Wagner + Kuraly + Acciari
Nordstrom/Cehlarik/Kuhlman

Just realized that was a lot of writing to basically say cant see Cassidy not playing Backes unless he absolutely forces his hand (possible).

Reactions: YouTakeTheVan

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think they needed to send someone down to process the trade because they were at the roster max. Same thing that happened with Coyle the other night. Kuhlman's probably back there for a while. I think Cehlarik was a paper transaction in case they want him to play in the AHL playoffs.

I would think Cehlarik goes down to play.

They can only have 4 AHL call ups the rest of the year, so not sure they want to use one immediately.

Backes has played better the last 2-3 games, so I think they are going to want to give him some games to see if he can sustain improved play. Johansson pretty much has to be in the lineup, and they have depth. So I would think both Cehlarik and Kuhlman stay down for now

Reactions: 3B

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I went with Kuhlman. Really liked what I saw, speed and energy to burn, with an high hockey IQ. Loved the way he would go to the net.

Cehlarik would be my second choice and I think would be OK there but Backes or Nordstrom:thumbd:

3B

Sep 13, 2002
London Ontario
Heinen-Bergeron-Marchand
Pasta-Krejci-DeBrusk
Backes-Coyle-Mojo
Wagner-Acciari-Kuraly

Nordstrom-Cehlarik-Stempniak

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Backes was scratched when we had less depth. Don’t think that spot will be handed to him without competition.

Heinen-Coyle-

Then Cehlarik, Backes, Nordstrom and maybe Stempniak all getting chances to see who fits the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad