Rumor: Post-season Rumour Talk Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I don't think there is a parallel. Edler is older and has more downside risk than Radulov.

Radulov was a major missed opportunity.

Edler is another story. He's one option but not at the cost of losing an expansion protection slot on account of his contractual demand for a full NTC. I also am not comfortable with a 4 year term for a 33 year old.

For 4 years I’m not either

Reactions: Runner77

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The team squeaks into the playoffs with a competent backup goalie last season. Not saying it’s the most important position to fill, but clearly a big need. They don’t want to work Carey that much if they want him playing a similar level by the end of his contract.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
You just sign a UFA no need for a trade for a backup.

If you can get a decent piece to go with Reimer and give them Weise, I’d say you do it. He’s a decent goalie and can easily play 25 games.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
If you can get a decent piece to go with Reimer and give them Weise, I’d say you do it. He’s a decent goalie and can easily play 25 games.

Are the Habs really in position to pay their backup 3.4M for the next two seasons?

Maybe if Florida retains salary (which I doubt), but I'd probably roll with Lindgren or look elsewhere.

Backup goalie is an issue but I don't think Reimer fits capwise.

Reactions: habsfan891

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Are the Habs really in position to pay their backup 3.4M for the next two seasons?

Maybe if Florida retains salary (which I doubt), but I'd probably roll with Lindgren or look elsewhere.

Backup goalie is an issue but I don't think Reimer fits capwise.
I agree, Weise isn't worth it. Only way I take Reiner is if we trade up.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
The team squeaks into the playoffs with a competent backup goalie last season. Not saying it’s the most important position to fill, but clearly a big need. They don’t want to work Carey that much if they want him playing a similar level by the end of his contract.
You can just as easily say the team squeaks into the playoffs with an offensive LD or a sniper on the power play. Offensive LD and snipers are harder to get than back up goalies therefore I would prioritize the skater.

Reactions: CDN24

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Reimer was terri-bad in the games we played against Florida. As soon as i saw his name on the gamesheet, i knew we'd win. I don't want to see him in MTL. At least with Lindgren, there's the possibility he'll be good.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Same here. If the price is right, I’d like to take a swing at Gardiner. Who knows? Maybe he’ll become decent defensively playing with a real defenceman in Weber.

No. He won't. He's got a ten cent head and his fear of physical play makes him rush decisions and panic. They should stay far, far, far away from Jake Gardiner.

Any team that allows Jake Gardiner to eat up 20 minutes or more of ice time has a lousy defence.

Reactions: habsfan891

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
You can just as easily say the team squeaks into the playoffs with an offensive LD or a sniper on the power play. Offensive LD and snipers are harder to get than back up goalies therefore I would prioritize the skater.

I agree with you but backup goalie is way easier to fix so there’s no reason not to.

Reactions: Vachon23

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Crazy to think that the Jets went into the PO with 3 more points than the habs as today, lost Trouba and might lose Elhers.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
We do need a guy that can play 20 games. I'm not sold that Charlie is the guy. If Talbot is available, cheap and willing, I'd take him. McElhinney would be good too.
If they can get McElhinney and flip him kn a year or two when primeau is ready be cool. Gives depth in case Price goes down long term.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
I'd be ok with something like 13 + Reimer for 15 + Weise.

Different pieces can be evened out on either side but I think it's a decent deal.
We'd have 3.4 million to swallow for the next year but it expires in the offseason before our big necessary signing summer (Danault, Poehling, Kotkaniemi, etc etc)

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Vancouver would be a perfect fit for Alzner him being from there on top of that
Send him along with a draft pick!!
Anyone that wants Alzner is a "perfect fit" for him. I can't see why anyone would want to, though. We're not in cap trouble, no point in giving up any assets to move him just yet unless we have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->