Post-Game Talk: Post July 1st Talk

If Florida lands only Bobrovksy and not Panarin, will you consider today a failure?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Panarin-

Portzline saying that maybe the money he thought he’d get in Florida maybe wasn’t available because we had to commit so much to Bob....

Anyway, oddly enough it still sounds like we have a shot. If the Isles keep bidding, who is it against?

Reactions: RainingRats

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Brooksy says Rangers haven’t been told they are out, but they don’t have highest bid. Yet to be seen whether they increase or not.

This also leads me to believe that it’s the isles and panthers going back and forth. Doesn’t sound like the rangers have made more than one offer.

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Chill on the Knight being a bad pick if we were going to sign Bob comments. I don't see it as a bad problem to have. If you have a chance at drafting a player like Knight you have to. Remember the most important position is Goaltending and the kid, looks and is already so poised at goal I really believe he's the real deal.

I honestly don't see Bob here past 5th year. So Knight will get 2yrs at BC, 1yr in the AHL, and 2yrs as backup before becoming the started is what I figure. We either trade or buy out last 2yrs on Bob.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Chill on the Knight being a bad pick if we were going to sign Bob comments. I don't see it as a bad problem to have. If you have a chance at drafting a player like Knight you have too. Remember the most important position is Goaltending and the kid, looks and is already so poised at goal I really believe he's the real deal.

I honestly don't see Bob here past 5th year. So Knight will get 2yrs at BC, 1yr in the AHL, and 2yrs as backup before becoming the started is what I figure. We either trade or buy out last 2yrs on Bob.

I agree. Ideally, Knight will be on his ELC in years 5,6,7 of Bobs contract anyway. And if it’s a bit sooner, big deal. There’s ways to make it work.

Reactions: ShootIt

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I agree. Ideally, Knight will be on his ELC in years 5,6,7 of Bobs contract anyway. And if it’s a bit sooner, big deal. There’s ways to make it work.

Or at worst they go 50/50 between both of them. By year 5+ Bob will be 36 years old so it would be best to reduce his regular season load.

Sure by the end of the deal we'll be regretting it but hell, they need to win now. Bob should help out a lot now and the short term future.

Reactions: RainingRats

RealHumanBean

Mar 23, 2018
Am I correct in assuming that they still have to wait 3 hours before starting to sign free agents?

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Would love to know what our best offer for Panarin was. If it was 10.5-11, when you consider tax, we should be ahead of the Rangers and almost in line with the Isles. This doesn’t make sense unless we only offered 10 max.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Isn't a team with Anders Lee and Hoffman better than a team with just Panarin?

I rather have my shooters come from many sources like OG rap. 9 20+ goal scorers.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Would love to know what our best offer for Panarin was. If it was 10.5-11, when you consider tax, we should be ahead of the Rangers and almost in line with the Isles. This doesn’t make sense unless we only offered 10 max.

Could be the same as Bob is getting ($9.5mil-10mil per) and Dale was placing a lot of value on intangible things which might draw Bread to sign with the Cats. If Bread goes to NYC, I can almost guarantee that he just likes the $1mil extra on the paycheck, big city environment, and that he's the big star on the roster which couldn't happen with Barkov.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

Give aho a long term offer sheet?

Can't see Dale and the mgmt doing it and, more importantly, the ownership allowing it. The prices are already so high that the owners wouldn't allow boosting them even further with the help of their own staff. The talking heads like to talk about it so much due to nothing else to talk about so that I don't there's going to a single OS presented.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Any offersheet over 5years would mean 4 1st round picks for a player of Aho's caliber.

So a 7 year-9.5mil deal gets divided by 5, and the O.S. compensation is 13.3 AAV so we lose 4 first round picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad