Post-Game Talk: Post July 1st Talk

If Florida lands only Bobrovksy and not Panarin, will you consider today a failure?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flooven

Nov 21, 2018
SoFla
Looking at the roster, we desperately need a third line center. What're our options outside of Borgstrom?

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
'As I mentioned in another thread it's Hoffmann + Conolly + 3-4 Mio in cap room vs. Panarin.

If they manage to add another decent player (defender) for that (or more) money I will really love how that worked out.

It's hockey, not the NBA , I will always prefer having 3 above average players compared to having one star.

How do you guys like Sekera, I'd love to see him on the Panthers.
If you guys get him its likely for cheap and if he plays the way he did when he got back from injury you'll be very happy. A lot of EDM fans are puzzled by the choice to buy him out rather than make other moves. He was at worst a good puck moving #4 when he got back.

SufferingCatFan

Apr 6, 2008
fort lauderdale
Lou and Reimer had a cap value of about $8.7 million and played poorly last season. Bob at $9.5 million plus a cheap back up at about $1 million equals about $10.5 million and is only $2 million more. The buy out of Lou and Darling adds and additional couple of million in the short term. Bottom line is that Tallon tried to make the best of a bad situation.

Now that the problem in goal appears fixed, our next need is a top 4 D. Jury is still out.

Next up is two, scoring right RWs. It seems that UFA Bret Connolly at $3.5 million for 3 years will be one and Tippet the other.

We have about $11 million in cap space to sign a D, a back up goalie and a couple of fourth line forwards. Should be more than enough.

Reactions: GigaChad

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Lou and Reimer had a cap value of about $8.7 million and played poorly last season. Bob at $9.5 million plus a cheap back up at about $1 million equals about $10.5 million and is only $2 million more. The buy out of Lou and Darling adds and additional couple of million in the short term. Bottom line is that Tallon tried to make the best of a bad situation.

Now that the problem in goal appears fixed, our next need is a top 4 D. Jury is still out.

Next up is two, scoring right RWs. It seems that UFA Bret Connolly at $3.5 million for 3 years will be one and Tippet the other.

We have about $11 million in cap space to sign a D, a back up goalie and a couple of fourth line forwards. Should be more than enough.

Monty most likely will be backup

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Speaking of defensemen, is there any worthy guys out there outside of Stralman?
Looking at some lists, there isn't too much out there in the UFA pool.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
What about offer sheeting Aho? He prob costs less than Panarin. Younger by a lot too.

Then you can move Trocheck for a good d or keep him and have the best C depth. Or Borg would become expendable to recoup a first or use him to get a D.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Speaking of defensemen, is there any worthy guys out there outside of Stralman?
Looking at some lists, there isn't too much out there in the UFA pool.
It’s really lackluster. Gotta think we get a better d man via trade. Maybe we wait until the trade deadline

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
It’s really lackluster. Gotta think we get a better d man via trade. Maybe we wait until the trade deadline

What I'm leaning towards too. Was hoping Hoffman could of been the main piece for the defenseman, but if Panarin doesn't sign here then we probably keep Hoffman till next offseason.

Reactions: RainingRats

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
The optimist in me: Panarin is playing NYI and NYR to see if one of them will offer an outrageous amount that beats what FLA will pay after taxes.

The pessimist in me: We're truly being outbid at this point and are no longer in consideration.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
The optimist in me: Panarin is playing NYI and NYR to see if one of them will offer an outrageous amount that beats what FLA will pay after taxes.

The pessimist in me: We're truly being outbid at this point and are no longer in consideration.
I think we are def being outbid and Panarin/agent are hoping Tallon caves and comes up. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re both getting the same contract while Panarin believes he should be getting more than Bob.

For Florida, it makes sense to offer Panarin less than he could get on open market bc he’s not the priority. Bob is.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
so I wake up thinking this Panarin thing is over but it's still dragging along?

giphy.webp

Reactions: Bure1096
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad