Post-Game Talk: Post Game and 3 Stars : 3/10 : CBJ @ DET

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
41PNR6GY6NL.jpg

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
Dats was good defensively throughout and set up that Kindl goal.

Kindl had that bomb shot and played incredibly most of the game. Had a few good chances.

Franzen.. scored. That's about it, no one else worthy of a star.

I thought Smith was hit and miss. He had a few awesome passes and showed some poise at times, and the other half he struggled to get it out of the zone and turned it over a good number of times.

HMs to Tatar/Andersson for buzzing around, played alright but no results. Brunner fround Franzen on that tic-tac-toe play and he continues to backcheck hard. I like to see that.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
I didn't watch yesterdays game so pardon my ignorance but at least Babcock split up the atrocity of the line that was 8-13-11. That's steps in the right direction at least.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Quick question: Was Quincey falling on his ass during that first goal? On first glance I thought he was going to block the shot but then it looked like he just fell changing directions. Because if he didn't mean to fall, he has to be the NHL player who trips on the ice the most by a Babcock country mile.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Quick question: Was Quincey falling on his ass during that first goal? On first glance I thought he was going to block the shot but then it looked like he just fell changing directions. Because if he didn't mean to fall, he has to be the NHL player who trips on the ice the most by a Babcock country mile.

Uhh... hello? Cleary? They are both neck and neck for falling down for seemingly no reason whatsoever.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005

He looked like he was thinking about blocking the shot, realized he has no idea how to block shots, realized he has no idea how to skate either, and fell down.

Aug 6, 2012
He looked like he was thinking about blocking the shot, realized he has no idea how to block shots, realized he has no idea how to skate either, and fell down.

A couple inches lower and his career could be over. That could've been really really bad.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
A couple inches lower and his career could be over. That could've been really really bad.

I was idly wondering if that's why the shot was perfect. Maybe the shooter saw him go down like that shot high to save Quincey's career and ended up with a top shelf shot. Happened too quick for that to really work, though.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Datsyuk
Kindl
Eaves

This is going to be short and sweet because I have had one **** suck of a day.

BAD
Cleary - ****ing useless
Franzen - He scored a goal, but a 5-on-3 that I could have put in the net. Nigh useless.
Quincey - Useless; completely screened Howard on the Falling Down goal, and otherwise does nothing productive. He's the defensive equivalent of Samuelsson.
Smith - Other than the fight, he was not good; any time he was under pressure, he coughed the puck up. Made some slick outlet passes, but those were under absolutely no pressure.
Ericsson - Not good either.
Zetterberg - Rough game, but not without effort.

GOOD
Datsyuk - Was the best player on the ice even being injured. What does that tell anyone else here?
Eaves - Brocrush played hard all game; forechecked like a madman, but didn't have much to show for it and only played 10 minutes.
Kindl - Involved in the play offensively, and other than the one defensive breakdown with White played a solid game.

- Tootoo needs more ice time. Jared Boll is a complete waste of "idiot," and that's saying a lot. Tootoo might need to tone down the charging a little bit, but the rest of his game is exactly what the Wings need.

MEH
Everyone else. Incredibly lackluster performance on the 2nd-half on a back-to-back... unfortunately, it was with the same team as the 1st half.

I'm surprised they even scored on the 5-on-3. The powerplay is still ****ing terrible; the point-men are too far apart, and there is very little movement. You can't take point shots if you don't get the PKers moving, because... wait for it.

Wait for it.

Wait for it.

THE SHOTS GET BLOCKED.

**** me, I never played anything beyond D3 college hockey, and I'm pulling my hair out watching these guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->