Post-Game Talk: Post Game and 3 Stars : 2/9/13 : EDM @ DET

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Damn I voted for Kronwall, should have voted for Ericsson, got a brain fart there. My real three stars:

Datsyuk, Ericsson, Howard.

Game thoughts

+ PK and PP. Ericsson and Datsuyk. Ericsson is earning his salary right now, good to see.

- 5 vs 5. To many missed passes. The Oilers looked very weak, DRW should have won with a bigger margin, but the first period in particular it was to many give aways.

Last edited:

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I went with Datsyuk, Z and Kronwall. Kronwall cause it was a bomb and the GWG.
I do not know why people vote for Bullin. He did not make any big saves. It was an easy game for both goalies. The lone big save and the toughest one of the game was made by Howard. Howard was better than Bullin in this game.

Ericsson is so important for this team, his $3.25M is a bargain right now. Quincey at $3.775M on the other hand... I also kinda liked Kindl tonight, he was solid in his own end and brought some offense as well.

Up front Datsyuk was great both ways, 80% on def zone faceoffs! (Hank was 17%...) Franzen made good plays in front on both goals and Brunner should have actually had 2 A's. Bottom-6 played a solid game too.

Howard had a couple of great saves, like the one on Schultz in the 2nd(?). I believe he'll be starting tomorrow as well.
Kinld looked confident to me. I was pleasently surprised.

When do they start winning?
+1
They seem they always have some young good players, but seems to me they can't develop them.

Dats
E
Howard

I thought this was a big game for Howard. He needed to bounce back and he had a strong game today. Going back to back tomorrow makes me question the line about him tired. That or Mrazek getting tangled up with Backes in the 3rd resulted in some minor injury.

Meh, not a big fan of either of them. They're not bad, but they're not good, either.
I too think it was an important win for Howard. Hope he builds on on it.
Ericsson used to be my whipping boy, but having Kyle Quincey on the team makes you appreciate him.

If I remember right Ericsson used to be the whipping boy on this board. When Holland signed him to the contract, people went mad here. Seems like it was a good deal for Detroit.
quincey has been better as of late imo
+1

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I went with Datsyuk, Z and Kronwall. Kronwall cause it was a bomb and a GWG.
I do not know why people vote for Bullin. He did not make any big saves. It was an easy game for both goalies. The lone big save

I think you missed the replay of the save on Brunner. I was watching the CBC feed (as I like a national perspective from time to time), so maybe they didn't show it on FSN. But that was a great save.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I think you missed the replay of the save on Brunner. I was watching the CBC feed (as I like a national perspective from time to time), so maybe they didn't show it on FSN. But that was a great save.

I forgot that one. Yet I thought Howard was better and made tougher saves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->