Post-Game Talk: Post Game and 3 Stars : 2/9/13 : EDM @ DET

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
4440595775_e6d9b9e492_o.png

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Tatar looked damn good. Couple of shifts out there he was in control. That's what stuck out to me.

Also, there were a shift where Filp was centering Cleary and Abby? He actually looks like he could take a center spot all by himself. He was strong on the puck, winning battles, setting up plays.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Datsyuk was all over the place showing why he's the best two way forward in the game. Ericsson with another solid game. Zetterberg was good outside of the incredibly stupid penalty that led to Edmonton's goal. Both goalies were really good in this game.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
At least the refs were equally terrible in this game. Cleary drew a tripping call with a terrible dive, Oilers drew several with several terrible dives. Yuck.

They look like they might be starting to figure out how to play team defense. Last time we said that, they lost back to back games to the two worst teams in the league. So who the hell knows.

kerjuxaxaxa

Nov 11, 2011
London
Datsyuk was all over the place showing why he's the best two way forward in the game. Ericsson with another solid game. Zetterberg was good outside of the incredibly stupid penalty that led to Edmonton's goal. Both goalies were really good in this game.

referee's blindness is not his fault

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
E led the way with over 24 minutes. Q was last with barely over 13. Keep that trend going until Q gets trimmed all the way to the press box...

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
referee's blindness is not his fault

Yeah but the refs have been calling everything almost every game. There's no point in hitting his hand from behind, it's not really going to do anything and the refs have been calling anything and everything this year.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Tatar looked damn good. Couple of shifts out there he was in control. That's what stuck out to me.

Also, there were a shift where Filp was centering Cleary and Abby? He actually looks like he could take a center spot all by himself. He was strong on the puck, winning battles, setting up plays.
Filppula had some very strong shifts. He also seems to be getting those Helm-like opportunities to get behind the defense on the PK. That would be awesome as he's a better finisher than Helm.

Macoun

Feb 8, 2009
Great win today.. The oilers have some really good young players.. Eberle and Schulz were great.. How nice would Schultz looked in a wings uniform?

I'm also loving me some Tatar.. Don't think he'll ever be a stat but I can see 15-20 goals a season with energy

Chevrier

Mar 4, 2011
Toronto

Definitely saw that too. It was a good shift where they managed to sustain pressure and move the puck around alright. Abby and Cleary held the corners well and Flip nearly had a goal from the slot after some fancy stickwork if I recall correctly. Only a shift or so, but was a nice little change up that momentarily clicked.

Good game by Ericsson, very good-- the 7:16 of PK time is quite the stat, a few times he was directly responsible for taking his man out of the play and winning battles against the boards. I remember seeing Yakupov totally give up the puck late when he came skating in on him.

Howard, key saves when needed.
Datsyuk, really took control all game, both offensively and defensively.
Khabibulin, you wouldn't know he had just returned from injury, sharp, made some huge saves and really kept Edmonton alive in their end.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
E led the way with over 24 minutes. Q was last with barely over 13. Keep that trend going until Q gets trimmed all the way to the press box...

E is our best defenseman so far.

He's not known as a puck moving defenseman, but he looks like one to me. He's had good poise with the puck for the past few games, and has made great outlet passes.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Ericsson is so important for this team, his $3.25M is a bargain right now. Quincey at $3.775M on the other hand... I also kinda liked Kindl tonight, he was solid in his own end and brought some offense as well.

Up front Datsyuk was great both ways, 80% on def zone faceoffs! (Hank was 17%...) Franzen made good plays in front on both goals and Brunner should have actually had 2 A's. Bottom-6 played a solid game too.

Howard had a couple of great saves, like the one on Schultz in the 2nd(?). I believe he'll be starting tomorrow as well.

Electric Thunder

Jul 19, 2011
Oklahoma
This is the first time in quite a while I haven't finished a game and thought at least one player had a downright terrible game. I was even impressed by Abby and Cleary. Is this real life? What happened to our "bubble team"? Ericcson looked.. great? Even the usual waste of a roster spot Emmerton seemed like he had a fire lit under him. I think I'm going to go drink and try and make sense of this.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Good win. Edmonton will be a good team in a couple more years. Ericcson playing up to his promise now. Howard played well, makes me more comfortable about goal tending with Mrazek's performance Thursday.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
"Howard had a couple of great saves, like the one on Schultz in the 2nd(?). I believe he'll be starting tomorrow as well."

I was wondering, 2 games in less than 24 hours. Goofy scheduling

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad