Post-Game Talk: Post Game and 3 Stars : 2/7/13 : DET @ STL

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
peter-griffin-riding-white-dragon.jpg

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Kinda weird that they have only played maybe 1 or 2 games like that in front of Howard all season. Mrazek was good but he had a LOT of help from the boys in this one. Offense was working hard, defense was actually in the right spot.

Thats My Hat

Jan 27, 2012
London, Ontario
Mrazek
Tatar
Emmerton

Also note that:
Tatar with an assist and 2 shots.
Brunner with a goal and 2 shots.
Lashoff with 20:18 minutes of ice time, 3rd most on the team, but only 4 seconds behind White, and a +1 rating.
Mrazek with 27 saves, and a .963 SV%.

KH should really consider moving the young guys from GR to the Wings sooner. Tatar has really good speed and can keep the puck on his stick. Him and Nyquist should have been regulars this season.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Kinda weird that they have only played maybe 1 or 2 games like that in front of Howard all season. Mrazek was good but he had a LOT of help from the boys in this one. Offense was working hard, defense was actually in the right spot.

It looked like they made more of an effort to protect their goalie than usual.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Random question, with Howard having a tough start, is Mrazek going to get a good share of starts if he plays like he did tonight?

Deciding on whether to pick him up in a pool :laugh:

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
I went with
1. Mrazek (played great)
2. Emmerton (nice hands on the goal and overall good effort)
3. Tatar (all around good game)

let the kids play!!

Aug 6, 2012
I've been ragging on Danny Cleary all year but I gotta say tonight he was skating much better and actually looked aware in the offensive zone (dumping the puck around the boards, driving the net, etc.). That being said, I still don't believe he has it in him. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

And I think it's safe to say having youth in the lineup provides more than just skill and skating. The energy and enthusiasm the young guys like Tatar, Mrazek, and Brunner bring every night rubs noticeably off on the rest of the team. You could really tell Cleary was feeding off Tatar's effort the entire game. And that the defense was playing with some motivation in front of Mrazek.

Tatar has earned a spot on the team with his past performances. I can't wait to see him on Helm's wing. That line will be buzzing like crazy.

RedWingsNow*

Only paid a little bit of attention tonight.
Didn't see any great saves... Mrazek looks small. Tough to say if he's the real deal based on this game. He looks focused out there.
Our defense didn't get burned from what I saw.
Tatar, Tootoo and Emmerton had nice shifts that I saw.

Aug 6, 2012
Only paid a little bit of attention tonight.
Didn't see any great saves... Mrazek looks small. Tough to say if he's the real deal based on this game. He looks focused out there.
Our defense didn't get burned from what I saw.
Tatar, Tootoo and Emmerton had nice shifts that I saw.

I thought he looked big. Maybe it's his stance?

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Tatar and Mrazek, making the case that kids that are ready should play and not vets pushing 35. I can't really come up with any stars for this game. Everyone played pretty good, a few stupid as hell turnovers, but mostly a solid game. Best game of the season in fact, except for the still horrendous powerplay.

But no stars. Mrazek wasn't tested too often. It was a team effort. I'm okay with that. That means it's not Z/D/Howard putting the team on their back to carry them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad