Post-Game Talk: Post Game and 3 Stars : 2/24 VAN @ DET

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Kind of puzzled by the amount of love Andersson's getting.

He scored the 7th and 8th goals in an 8-3 win after everyone had basically stopped trying. I mean, that's cool and all, but his goals had absolutely no impact on the result of the game.

Z pots the game-winner and adds assists on the game-tying goal and the 5-3 goal. Pavel gets 2 assists when the game is still in doubt, wins 10 of 14 draws, and can't get any love in the poll.

Did people just look at the box score and see the 2 goals? Is this another case of people voting for the new guy because hey look, shiny!

I'm confused.

As much as I hate Cleary, he had a better game than Andersson.

I for my part can say that I am very excited to see "young" players, Brunner, Tatar, Andersson doing well. It is quite a nice surprise.
I am very impressed with Brunner, Tatar and Andersson.
I love/d Tootoo's game as well. Not just because of the goal, but because of the hit as well. He has quickly become one of my favourites.
But you right about Z and D. They run the team. Datsyuk completely neutralized the Sedins.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Tootoo is looking like a very good addition. I think he has some good offensive capability that we aren't utilizing but you gotta love the way he plays. He's banzai every shift and I've been surprised how disciplined he is. He's backed off of a couple of fights/penalties when the timing would hurt the team.

OlZamMan

Apr 10, 2012
What's with this USA nonsense? Were they actually chanting USA at the Joe?

:shakehead Yeah, in the last minute or so. Many season-ticket holders were chuckling & shaking their heads in embarrassed disbelief at that too.
Don't know the purpose as Vancouver has more US born players on the roster than the Wings.
Maybe a Luongo vs. Howard thing?

HTT3*

Kenny Holland should re-sign Cleary if he keeps playing this good.

DatsyukianDeke*

Posted on another forum. Thought it was gold and definitely described Canuck fans last night. What a bunch of whiners.

1zntkqg.jpg

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Tootoo is looking like a very good addition. I think he has some good offensive capability that we aren't utilizing but you gotta love the way he plays. He's banzai every shift and I've been surprised how disciplined he is. He's backed off of a couple of fights/penalties when the timing would hurt the team.

Well both goals were deflections off defensive players. Good for him to throw the puck towards the net but let's not pretend either of those goals were snipes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad