Post-Game Talk: Post Game and 3 Stars : 2/24 VAN @ DET

crashman

What's with this USA nonsense? Were they actually chanting USA at the Joe?

Last edited by a moderator:

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
March 16th we will be wearing Vancouver Millionaire jerseys, better watch out. ;)
those are very nice. i like them more than their current jerseys. early '90s jerseys were their best, though.

KIKsfdu.jpg
:laugh:

HTT3*

Credit where credit is due, Kronwall has been really good the past few games. Hope he keeps it up.

Cleary also deserves credit, he's been scoring dirty ugly goals for us... the kind of goals he is paid to score.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Kind of puzzled by the amount of love Andersson's getting.

He scored the 7th and 8th goals in an 8-3 win after everyone had basically stopped trying. I mean, that's cool and all, but his goals had absolutely no impact on the result of the game.

Z pots the game-winner and adds assists on the game-tying goal and the 5-3 goal. Pavel gets 2 assists when the game is still in doubt, wins 10 of 14 draws, and can't get any love in the poll.

Did people just look at the box score and see the 2 goals? Is this another case of people voting for the new guy because hey look, shiny!

I'm confused.

As much as I hate Cleary, he had a better game than Andersson.

Jussha

Jan 15, 2006

He scored the 7th and 8th goals in an 8-3 win after everyone had basically stopped trying. I mean, that's cool and all, but his goals had absolutely no impact on the result of the game.

Z pots the game-winner and adds assists on the game-tying goal and the 5-3 goal. Pavel gets 2 assists when the game is still in doubt, wins 10 of 14 draws, and can't get any love in the poll.

Did people just look at the box score and see the 2 goals? Is this another case of people voting for the new guy because hey look, shiny!

I'm confused.

you could tell too that Luongo had already given up at that point too. I knew that long slapper was going in the minute the puck left his stick cause Luongo seemed so non-chalant about it

Kiddington

Nov 3, 2008
Reno, NV
This is a really hard group to get a read on. They blow a late lead against a perennial bottom feeder almost completely devoid of talent, then come out and absolutely whip two of the better teams in the West. I just...

Whatever man, I'll take it. I still don't think this team is a contender, but hey, who knows; get hot at the right, I suppose anything is possible.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I figured that the likelihood of me voting for Andersson again is probably slim, so I'll give him this game. He still played well outside those 2 goals.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005

I'm confused.

agree

he also got 2nd star on NHL.com, above brunner, but those goals were almost meaningless.

zetterberg and datsyuk also were used to check scoring lines.

Kiddington

Nov 3, 2008
Reno, NV

I'm confused.

Meh, let the guy have his moment. No matter how well he plays, he's not long for this roster; you know they'll go with Sammy and the other useless old dogs the first chance they get.

I thought he played fine. Not three star worthy, but he's definitely a more effective player, at this point, than any one of Cleary (tonight aside), Miller, Abdelkader, Eaves, and the like.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Yeah, but, he's Cleary.

I still hate him, but I'm sayin', he was involved in the outcome of the game a lot more than some other guys that are getting more votes.

Personally I dread every time the puck goes in off the guy's stick because it only increases the odds of an extension. That simply cannot be allowed to happen.

agree

he also got 2nd star on NHL.com, above brunner, but those goals were almost meaningless.

zetterberg and datsyuk also were used to check scoring lines.

Getting the 2nd star above Brunner is just silly. Brunner owned this game and Cleary's goal was entirely the result of Brunner's hard work.

I couldn't get a good angle to verify but I swear that Brunner's "pass" looked like it might have snuck into that far side if Cleary hadn't put it in...

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane

I'm confused.

Here's a minor-leaguer that gets a call up, looks really shaky in his first few games, gets the chance to stay in the line up a lot longer than anyone thought, listens to his coaches, keeps plugging away with limited ice time, goes to the tough spots on the ice, improves game after game...

... and gets two goals in one game. It's a nice little story.

If getting the stars in a game absolutely right gets us closer to the Stanley Cup, I'd care. It doesn't, so I don't.

Last edited:

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Jarnkrok is a female Wings fan IIRC.

Oh wait... what time is it? Am I late again? Dammit.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
you could tell too that Luongo had already given up at that point too. I knew that long slapper was going in the minute the puck left his stick cause Luongo seemed so non-chalant about it

Agreed. That game was a dead horse at that point. :deadhorse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->