Post-Game Talk: Post Game and 3 Stars : 2/10/13 : LAK @ DET

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Brown? He had 2 fantastic opportunities to score a goal and then in the 3rd period he made a stupid penalty. He made good work for RW :laugh:.

Penalty was bad, but he was very dangerous, especially early in the game. Easily could have and maybe should have potted one or two goals.

I credit guys for creating chances. Sometimes you don't finish and sometimes goalies are standing in their heads, but creating chances is good hockey to me.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Well, the minors and Europe are littered with guys that got off to hot starts in the NHL and faded off into oblivion.

He'd be taking a big risk going to UFA. He could get hurt, he could have a horrific playoff, he could fall off the scoring pace completely. Or he could continue having a great season and have a great NHL future ahead of him. You never know.

I would think they would both want to get something done sooner rather than later.

I'm not talking about waiting until July, but around April if he has 20 goals or so?

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
Sorry if I messed up voting but I picked all wings players listed by accident.

1. Howard
2. Datsyuk
3. Zetterberg
4. Ericsson

I also thought Kindl played his best game of the year.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Can they extend Brunner yet? Dude's gonna get more and more expensive the longer they wait...

I think so, yes.

EDIT: I'm also partially a Wings fan because of Muršak. Does anyone knows when (if) he will be back?

Few more weeks. Hopefully. I like him a lot. Too bad injuries might have ruined his chance with the Wings. I think he could have 30+ point potential. His speed is awesome.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I also thought Kindl played his best game of the year.
I'd go even further and say he played his best ever NHL game, and yesterday wasn't much worse. Lately he's been an extremely solid #5-6 and he's even getting PP time with White. I have to say, I did not expect him to be among the top-6 D but if he continues like this it would stupid not to play him.

lazerbullet

May 22, 2009
Europe
I don't think Datsyuk had such a strong game. His line was constantly dominated by Kopitar. Okay... it probably has to do a lot with Clearly. And Kopitar being one the best centers in the game. But Datsyuk was not making himself any favors by not winning any FOs. Overall an average game by Dats if we take out his big goal.

Kindl was great. So was Ericsson. Tatar looked fine. Mule was lazy as hell.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I don't think Datsyuk had such a strong game. His line was constantly dominated by Kopitar. Okay... it probably has to do a lot with Clearly.

It's hard when you have to play 4v5 hockey because Cleary is 20 feet behind the play everytime you gain the zone.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
white: 21:31
kronwall: 21:28
lashoff: 20:41
ericsson: 20:11
kindl: 17:30
quincey: 15:42

quincey had the most SHTOI of any d-man, though.

Where did you find that gif? That is AWESOME!! :biglaugh:
i think it's from one of the playoff photoshop threads a couple of years ago.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
white: 21:31
kronwall: 21:28
lashoff: 20:41
ericsson: 20:11
kindl: 17:30
quincey: 15:42

quincey had the most SHTOI of any d-man, though.

i think it's from one of the playoff photoshop threads a couple of years ago.

It's good to have White back. Didn't hear his name mentioned once during the broadcast.

Aug 6, 2012
Just watching the game right now and wow was that an awesome goal by Pavs. Used his skate to kick the puck and split the defense and then goes completely bar down on Quick. Vintage Datsyuk right there.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
It was a good game by Howard, but for most part it was the Kings that looked snakebitten, while dominating the game, they didnt get away many quality shots. Of course the easy save is often made when the goalie is in the right position. Howard moved around well.

Ericsson is still better than he ever been and got the game winner as well. Good for him.

A lot of players looked tired. Franzen in particular. He need to step up. Out of shape?

Zetterberg looked pretty tired as well. He still got two points and that is because of his great hockey IQ.

Cleary is clearly not his old self. Will he ever be?

Last edited:

Sergei DRW

Nov 17, 2010
Howard
Ericsson (+2 and GWG)
Z 2 assists

HM Datsyuk, but Datsyuk was brutal on the faceoffs, he won 3 lost 9. That is very strange as I thought Datsyuk was one of the best in the league.

Everybody was brutal on the face-off yesterday. Could it be that Datsyuk was still feeling that hit from the blind side?

Sergei DRW

Nov 17, 2010
I don't think Datsyuk had such a strong game. His line was constantly dominated by Kopitar. Okay... it probably has to do a lot with Clearly. And Kopitar being one the best centers in the game. But Datsyuk was not making himself any favors by not winning any FOs. Overall an average game by Dats if we take out his big goal.

If you watch the game carefully, Datsyuk was playing with two dead weights on both wings, as Flip for some reason lost his bursting speed and Cleary hasn't been fast for a long time now.
He had to jump all over the ice just to cover for those deficiencies on his line.
I don't know what Babcock thinks here but from what I saw yesterday, you put Tootoo and Miller on Datsyuk's wings and that line would not be dominated.

lazerbullet

May 22, 2009
Europe
If you watch the game carefully, Datsyuk was playing with two dead weights on both wings, as Flip for some reason lost his bursting speed and Cleary hasn't been fast for a long time now.
He had to jump all over the ice just to cover for those deficiencies on his line.
I don't know what Babcock thinks here but from what I saw yesterday, you put Tootoo and Miller on Datsyuk's wings and that line would not be dominated.

It still doesn't change the fact that his line started without a puck pretty much every single time. And that's because Datsyuk couldn't win a face-off. So that means the whole line had to work their butts off to get the puck back. Since Dan and Fil were not very good, they had some serious trouble to do that. Pavel was not bad by any means. But he wasn't that great also, mainly because he was without a puck a lot of time, which is largely his own fault.

Aug 6, 2012
It was a good game by Howard, but for most part it was the Kings that looked snakebitten, while dominating the game, they didnt get away many quality shots. Of course the easy save is often made when the goalie is in the right position. Howard moved around well.

Ericsson is still better than he ever been and got the game winner as well. Good for him.

A lot of players looked tired. Franzen in particular. He need to step up. Out of shape?

Zetterberg looked pretty tired as well. He still got two points and that is because of his great hockey IQ.

Cleary is clearly not his old self. Will he ever be?

Did we watch the same game? It seemed like half of their shots were quality opportunities. Jimmy used his inner Roy yesterday.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Everybody was brutal on the face-off yesterday. Could it be that Datsyuk was still feeling that hit from the blind side?

Datsyuk might not have had his best game, but his goal was very big, to put us ahead and make it difficult for the Kings.
To be also fair to Creary, he battled hard and we scored the gwg. Filppula also played great there.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Did we watch the same game? It seemed like half of their shots were quality opportunities. Jimmy used his inner Roy yesterday.

I thought that DRW had as many quality opportunities. Didnt Miller have a double opprtunity all alone with Quick for example? The kings mostly shot for rebounds etc.

Of course there was a couple of difficult stops as well for Howard,were he had to move post to post, but I thought the Kings shot at the logo quite a lot.

Aug 6, 2012
I thought that DRW had as many quality opportunities. Didnt Miller have a double opprtunity all alone with Quick for example? The kings mostly shot for rebounds etc.

Of course there was a couple of difficult stops as well for Howard,were he had to move post to post, but I thought the Kings shot at the logo quite a lot.

Well to be honest I missed half the game and just watched the extended highlights for the rest of it so I could be wrong haha

Yeah it seemed like every 2-on-1/rush they shot it straight into his belly. Props to him for no rebounds though.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

As a guy who is critical of Kindl I agree, he had a very good game yesterday. Not sure if they are showcasing him or what, I'll take the reduced ice time for Quincey if Kindl can continue to play like he did against the Kings.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Haha Some king's fan refered to our beloved Cleary as underrated and good at hockey over on the main board..

It's all part of their plan. If they convince Mike Babcock to keep playing Cleary even though he doesn't really need convincing, then they'll keep getting more chances to score.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad