Post-Game Talk: Post Game and 3 Stars : 2/10/13 : LAK @ DET

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Howard was fantastic, and Kings fans had to be SO frustrated watching that game. Well too bad, it builds character. :naughty:

The Swiss (doesn't) Miss- I don't know if there's another guy on the team who plays his role more effectively than Brunner. Just finds space on the ice and creates passing lanes to receive the puck, and then rips it. The other aspects of his game are coming along, but his offensive instincts are great.

I didn't think E was as effective as in yesterday's game, but still good. And using his size and bringing some snarl to an otherwise tame D-corps. And had a rocket of a GWG.

Kronwall and Lashoff were brutal together early in this one. Gotta separate those guys or a team is going to score 10 goals on us soon. Put one of them with E and the other with White.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
tumblr_ll0n01PZQy1qj5er8o1_500.jpg

Howard
Ericsson (+2 and GWG)
Z 2 assists

HM Datsyuk, but Datsyuk was brutal on the faceoffs, he won 3 lost 9. That is very strange as I thought Datsyuk was one of the best in the league.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
1. Howard
2. Z
3. Ericsson
4. Pavel

2-4 are a wash all had good games but this was Howards game

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Can they extend Brunner yet? Dude's gonna get more and more expensive the longer they wait...

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Howard
Ericsson (+2 and GWG)
Z 2 assists

HM Datsyuk, but Datsyuk was brutal on the faceoffs, he won 3 lost 9. That is very strange as I thought Datsyuk was one of the best in the league.

Still almost 60% on the season. Probably just an off night.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Pav and Z are so good that their normal game is good for a star. I go with Howie, Ericcson and Brunner

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Howard
Ericsson (+2 and GWG)
Z 2 assists

HM 2 Brunner, the guys is simply great.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I demand an explanation for Franzen's inclusion on this list.

I usually hate him :)laugh: obviously exaggerating/ being dramatic) but we all know he is capable of so much when he decides to show up. Usually he floats around not doing much of anything, but today I saw numerous efforts he made in our zone to prevent the other team getting at loose pucks/ rebounds/ etc. And if he had've shot the puck the slightest bit lower on that last power play, we would've won without the whole end of the game situation. So since he missed that by a hair, I let him share it with Ericsson, who was quite sound in our end, and used his body a lot, as well as scoring (might've hit someone on the way?) the GWG. Good effort from both guys. Franzen's star is more "thank you so much for giving at least 50% effort today!" , not that he was necessarily awesome by any means.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I continue to be surprised with how well Brunner is doing. He looks like he belongs.

And he's got 3 times the goals of Semin. :sarcasm:

TheSlovenian

Aug 23, 2011
Ljubljana
Congrats on a win. So ****ing pissed-off right now. My honest opinion:
1. Howard
2. Zetterberg
3. Kopitar (homer vote)

EDIT: I'm also partially a Wings fan because of Muršak. Does anyone knows when (if) he will be back?

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Congrats on a win. So ****ing pissed-off right now. My honest opinion:
1. Howard
2. Zetterberg
3. Kopitar (homer vote)

I almost never vote for opponents' players.
Kopitar scored a goal and forced Datsyuk to the press box. That's huge.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Kopitar was really strong on the puck. He usually is when he's on. One of my favorite non Wings. I also thought Williams, Clifford, and Brown did some good work for LA.

TheSlovenian

Aug 23, 2011
Ljubljana
Kopitar was really strong on the puck. He usually is when he's on. One of my favorite non Wings. I also thought Williams, Clifford, and Brown did some good work for LA.

Brown? He had 2 fantastic opportunities to score a goal and then in the 3rd period he made a stupid penalty. He made good work for RW :laugh:.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
If you were Brunner or his agent would you sign now? :)

Well, the minors and Europe are littered with guys that got off to hot starts in the NHL and faded off into oblivion.

He'd be taking a big risk going to UFA. He could get hurt, he could have a horrific playoff, he could fall off the scoring pace completely. Or he could continue having a great season and have a great NHL future ahead of him. You never know.

I would think they would both want to get something done sooner rather than later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->