sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
tumblr_lgbiwvsY8K1qf8yek.gif

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
1. Jimmy.
2. Datsyuk.
3. Big E.

Big E played great today. Mean, tough. He showed good poise with the puck. Made good passes. And of course, scores a clutch game winner.

Datsyuk needs a real shooter on his wing. Z gets one in Brunner. I love Brunner. You give him half a decent shot, he takes it. And look at what that gets him, leads the team in goals. He knows his damn job and he does it. Datsyuk needs one of those. He's got the best hands, vision, and passing on the team. How can we not get him a shooter?

Cleary is garbage. Seriously. Terrible penalties, can not play with guys like Filp/Dats. He doesn't know how or isn't able. You pick.

Tatar is... nervous or something? He mishandled the puck quite a few times today. Something was up. He had some good moves but also some weird miscues.

Franzen is doing his lazy act again. What did he do this game besides take the puck to the red line and flip it in? Nothing. He gets knocked over so easily for a giant man. He's weaker on his skates than pretty much everyone else on the team, even people he's got half a foot on. It's ridiculous. He's a shooter that takes weak limp-wristed wristers if he shoots at all. I saw him coasting more than I saw him taking strides. Getting pretty tired of that. Every time I just wish we'd dumped Franzen and signed Hossa long term. Better scorer, harder worker, more consistent, better defensively. Whyyyyyy.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Jimmy Howard?

A couple of days ago I heard on here he was trash and should be replaced by Mrzak and his one start ASAP.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
1. Howard
2. Howard
3. Howard

but I will give

1. Howard
2. Datsyuk
3. Z

Chevrier

Mar 4, 2011
Toronto
Haha, without a doubt...

Howard, 1st star
Zetterberg, easy 2nd star for me
3rd star, Brunner, drew penalty, scored a goal and did all the little things right in the offensive zone, showed good hustle and wanted to score again in the end, took it deep into Kings zone.

One thing I'd like to point out is that in spite of injuries, the Wings are looking more and more focused and poised than I've seen in some time. With the exodus of skill, they have been really locking down and grinding out victories like this one. It goes from the top to the bottom of the team. I think Babcock deserves some props for managing ice time and letting his star players, especially Zetterberg get out there and dictate the game.

Zetterberg's playing out of his mind right now. He's head and shoulders above his play last season and that's not a chop at him. The C has really brought a whole new side to his game. This is his team and he's showing in all areas of the game.

Again, Cleary hate is still pretty rampant and some of it justifiably so but for what its worth, he again played serviceably today. He was out there in the final moments and went to the net on the winner. He played a fair amount of time as well, and played well. The Kopitar goal was the result of a dominant upper echelon player outpowering him and beating him to the net and having a gimme' rebound land on his stick. It would have happened to anyone who was defending him.

Very happy with the win and the winning streak. These are the kinds of games that you use and grow with as the season begins to get deeper and deeper. A lot of good things can be taken from this game even though we sometimes nitpick the smaller things.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
I'll back up sarcastro! :laugh:

What an utterly entertaining game. That was fun.

This is two games in a row where I've voted a star for the Big Rig.

:scared:

Cleary drew two penalties today. Come on, guys.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
These are the types of games that I love seeing from our goalie. We haven't had to rely on goaltending for many years due to sinking all of our resources into defense. That isn't the case this year. No more defense with 30m sunk into it.

I think Howard is in line for a big raise and these are the games I want to see every once in a while. Great stuff from Jimmy.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
1. Howard
2. Datsyuk
3. Zetterberg

Howard deserved to win this game...had to hang onto that lead for the better part of 2 periods. Take those two points and run!

Sameheda

Sep 28, 2011
Texas
Jimmy - Spectacular performance.
Z - What can you say about Z that hasn't been said already? He's playing out of his mind this season. The time off has been good to him... really skating hard, making much better passes, etc. I think he'll be an absolute beast in the playoffs.

And I had to give one for White. I felt like he was very solid defensively. Really glad he's back in our line up.

Mount Royal

Achtung, baby
May 11, 2010
Montreal
Howie
E
Z

...Though Howard was filthy and deserves all 3 stars.

Ericsson has been very, very impressive this year. Very different from most of last year, though he turned it around towards the end (especially in the playoffs).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->