Post-Game Talk: Post Game and 3 Hats : 2/28 : DET @ SJ

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I come in peace. Congrats on getting the 2nd point.

But, I do have to ask, you guys aren't normally as bad as you were tonight, are you? Or did the Sharks bad play just bring out the worst in you guys?

Those first 2 periods were awful on both sides.

We probably haven't had 5 games where we had all the same players so we tend to be kind of erratic IMHO. You guys have a really solid team, can't figure out why you're not winning. A couple of beast lines and Niemi is playing well.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI

But, I do have to ask, you guys aren't normally as bad as you were tonight, are you? Or did the Sharks bad play just bring out the worst in you guys?

Injuries have really been killing us, and as you can see from the chatter, Wings fans here are not happy with the coaching decisions regarding our lines.

Other than that, our defense have experienced some major growing pains this season, and we're struggling to decide who we're keeping as our bottom six.

RedWingsNow*

Babcock. For making the Wings work harder by putting two pieces of **** on Datsyuk's line.

GENIUS

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
It looked like the Sharks wanted their Thornton line out there against the Datsyuk line. I'm not saying the Sharks were at the top of their game last night but our ragtag line of Datsyuk, Abdelkader, and Cleary neutralized a very important part of the Sharks offense.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I thought that Tatar - Anderson - Eaves line looked pretty good. Would like to see something similar to that with Helm replacing Anderson. Really gives some offensive ability to the bottom 6 which we desperately need.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
1. Gustavsson
2. Brunner
3. Kronwall

Thought Ericsson was a bit shaky. Smith did pretty well. Overall the team showed good heart by fighting without playing that well, but still manage to get 2 points. Good work effort behind that.

Z looked tired.

Last edited:

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
WHERE'S THE LASHOFF OPTION?

He was actually pretty good last night.

Yeah, moderator, where's that Lashoff option? ;)

That 2-on-1 he defended... perfect; game saver right there.

Edit -- Ugh, just realized I selected Ericsson instead of Kronwall. Oops.

The 2 on 1 was great, but there was also the breakaway he caused earlier where Kindl saved his butt on the backcheck. This would be after Lashoff jumped up for no reason and let Marleau(?) get in behind him.

He also played the fewest minutes of any Dman last night. It was also like 2 in the morning when I put the poll together.

I could go on...

6a00d8341bffd953ef0154379a152b970c-800wi

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
The 2 on 1 was great, but there was also the breakaway he caused earlier where Kindl saved his butt on the backcheck. This would be after Lashoff jumped up for no reason and let Marleau(?) get in behind him.

He also played the fewest minutes of any Dman last night. It was also like 2 in the morning when I put the poll together.

I could go on...

6a00d8341bffd953ef0154379a152b970c-800wi

Of course. He's settling into the #6 defensemen role in which he's suited. He was good last night in the limited role. He's going to make mistakes, but the good outweighed the bad last night. Right now Lashoff fills a need that White can't address.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Of course. He's settling into the #6 defensemen role in which he's suited. He was good last night in the limited role. He's going to make mistakes, but the good outweighed the bad last night. Right now Lashoff fills a need that White can't address.

So White was scratched again! What does it mean?

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Why is Abdelkader an option? The only goal scored on us was when he turned the puck over.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013

Detroit is playing fine. Just can't seem to convert. Outshoot almost all opponents but just cannot convert like we should.

Badger Mayhew*

Leafs fan here, happy to see the Monster's doing well for you guys! I've always liked him, and it's too bad he didn't really get a fair chance to succeed while in Toronto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->