Post-Game Talk: Post Game & 3 Stars : 3/3 : CHI @ DET

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
tumblr_leutioX0PS1qf8yek.gif

Sameheda

Sep 28, 2011
Texas
Missed most of this one.

Just watched the replay of the tying goal.

Seriously? Three of our guys couldn't find the puck right in front of them to clear it?

:shakehead

CloneHakanPlease*

Crawford
Howard
Kane

HM: Tatar

Last edited by a moderator:

Mantha Poodoo

Playoff Beard
Jun 5, 2008
I'd like to take a giant steamer on Ericsson for that, but honestly can't put the blame just on him.

Gotta be able to kill off at least one penalty. This team doesn't have that.

Need to have scoring depth. This team doesn't have that either. Instead it has 1-2 lines of scoring spread over 4 lines, so they just end up looking like a lazier version of Nashville without Rinne.

And ice time among forwards is aaalll out of whack.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Howie
Crawford
Tatar

Once the Hawks scored that goal late thanks to an unfortunate play, I didn't even care anymore. I didn't even care if they actually won the game even though the second point would've made a difference in the standings. I just didn't care. I waited three nights for this game, but unfortunately the outcome was demoralizing.

Typical DRW hockey now. Play decent to good hockey for a period and a half, then just blatantly fall asleep. Too bad, the defense actually looked, really, really good. Smith and Kindl are silky smooth on the PP.

But it's unbelievably obvious Brunner can't be the only winger who can score goals. Get Nyquist up, play Tatar more, and get another sniper for Pavel. Enough of this stupid bull**** Abby - Pavel - Cleary line.

/frustrating loss

Last edited:

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Least amount of TOI on the whole team. Good coaching. Cleary with another 16 minute night!

Hahahaahaahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaa.

What else can you do but laugh when faced with such stupidity.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Crawford
Kane- those freaking hands!
Howard

Both goalies were great, and made some huge saves. Thought Detroit got outplayed badly for most of the first 40 mins, then owned the 3rd until late (obviously).

The team still turns the puck over way too much. Z had a bad turnover before Kronwall took his delay of game penalty, and in general he seems to be struggling a little lately. He certainly has been looser with the puck in Detroit's zone, which is the last thing that defense needs.

Funny to see Tatar's goal earn him a seat on the bench- good call, Babs! Don't play the kid much at all, he still makes the most of his limited IT, and then he doesn't get a shift in OT when the ice is more open. I would say that's unbelievable, but it's just Babs being Babs.

Wonder if Holland appreciates being booed by the crowd every time Hossa touches the puck in the Joe? Seems mean-spirited by the peeps if you ask me... agree with the sentiment, though.

sunsoutgunsout

#redacted
Jan 14, 2013
Hey, great game guys. I'm sincerely going to miss games like this when we only play twice next year. Hope next game is as good as this, and that Babcock figures out that maybe Tatar should play with Datsyuk.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Another strong game by Lashoff and Ericsson. While this team still needs another top 4 defensemen the guys we have are getting there.

We really need Filppula, Samuelsson and Bertuzzi back.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Another strong game by Lashoff and Ericsson. While this team still needs another top 4 defensemen the guys we have are getting there.

We really need Filppula, Samuelsson and Bertuzzi back.

No kidding. Despite their critics, those 3 provide much more punch up front and allow the 3rd line to actually be dangerous.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Hey, great game guys. I'm sincerely going to miss games like this when we only play twice next year. Hope next game is as good as this, and that Babcock figures out that maybe Tatar should play with Datsyuk.

Why? That would give us an effective line. Better to have two mediocre lines than one good one. Right? RIGHT?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Quincey was cocking the holy slapper and by the time he completed his follow through Kane had scored. :shakehead

Quincey just hasn't put it together this year. He's not playing terrible or anything, but he's not living up to expectations. At the time of the trade was hopeful he'd grow into an expanded role, but if anything, he's had to dial back his role to a more defensive posture to fit into this group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->