Post-Game Talk: Post Game & 3 Stars : 3/22 : DET @ ANH

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Loved this moment I caught after goal 1.

gYOW6HS.gif

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Tootoo doesn't seem to scare anybody and hey, when he's not in there, some of the other guys actually get to fight their own fights!

Babcock doesn't usually mess with the lineup after a game like this.

Let's not forget that Tootoo was scratched regularly late in the year last season with the Preds. I like having him on the team but I don't think he's as much of a difference maker as many would suggest.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Let's not forget that Tootoo was scratched regularly late in the year last season with the Preds. I like having him on the team but I don't think he's as much of a difference maker as many would suggest.

That's because he's not given the chance to be. I'm not exactly disagreeing. But having him in the lineup over trash like Cleary would be beneficial IMO.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Honorable mention to the Wings fan for taking that arena over...love it when the fans invade and the team dominates in another team's barn. That was a really nice win...

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Honorable mention to the Wings fan for taking that arena over...love it when the fans invade and the team dominates in another team's barn. That was a really nice win...

#2 team in the league with a chance to take over the #1 spot but those "bandwagon" Wings fans bought all the lower bowl seats. :handclap:

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
That's because he's not given the chance to be. I'm not exactly disagreeing. But having him in the lineup over trash like Cleary would be beneficial IMO.

I loved the Tootoo signing from the start, and he's a favourite player, but he gets little icetime and scratched for good reason. He doesn't play the pk, he's willing to drive the net but he has absolutely zero hockey sense as to when to do it, and he's surprisingly poor on the cycle too. Not much reason to dress him other than the energy he brings.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Tootoo doesn't seem to scare anybody and hey, when he's not in there, some of the other guys actually get to fight their own fights!

Babcock doesn't usually mess with the lineup after a game like this.

Credit to E, Lash and Smith for actually looking decent in their fights and holding their own, but I would consider tootoo solely due to the fact that the Ducks will go after our top line players and he's good at agitating the opposition and keeping the attention on him.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I think we should dress Tootoo for the next game. It will be a target rich environment and he can piss some Ducks off and keep them from thinking about hockey.

RedWingsNow*

Smith and Lashoff took extra shots at Selanne tonight.

Expect someone to run Datsyuk or Zetterberg.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
What do you make of Babcock's line switcheroo's for this game? It did work out well.

Brunner's first game without Z and I felt a tiny bit sad for him, stuck on a line with Cleary! :laugh: Welcome to the NHL. May be he has been riding Z's coattails and should prove himself without an all-stars aid. He was pretty quiet. Miller looked just as good in his position IMO, or a least close.

GeoSacks

Sep 11, 2007
Southern Ontario.
What do you make of Babcock's line switcheroo's for this game? It did work out well.

Brunner's first game without Z and I felt a tiny bit sad for him, stuck on a line with Cleary! :laugh: Welcome to the NHL. May be he has been riding Z's coattails and should prove himself without an all-stars aid. He was pretty quiet. Miller looked just as good in his position IMO, or a least close.

Miller is much better along the boards and defensively in open ice but he got one or two back door passes that Brunner would have buried.

Tough to say.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
So I miss the game,

Abby scores a hatty and everything he touches turns to gold tonight.

Bob is an HFB partner.

Someone has some explaining to do.

edit: was also wondering where HTT3 went. See he is now rearing his head with another against-the-grain opinion. Calling Abby a late bloomer destined for clutch goal scoring in our top 6 on the main boards and TR&FAT boards. Knew it wouldn't be long before you were back.:laugh:

Last edited:

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Did Ericsson get his salads turned or did he get out of that fight okey?

Yeah it wasn't much of anything. Both guys ended up tying each other up pretty good so punches thrown were limited to say the least. Ericsson was more than willing to go with him though so props for that. Now he's fought Perry and Getzlaf. Just needs to add Ryan to his mantle of Ducks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->