Speculation: Post Full-Season Lockout All Star Team

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Curious to see how everyone would construct an All Star lineup from the 2005-06 season to the current one. The idea being to build a lineup assuming everyone is at their peak season during that timeframe. So longevity isn't important, but they can only play at the level they played at for your team.

My team:

Chris Kunitz - Sidney Crosby - Jarome Iginla
Patric Hornqvist - Jevgenij Malkin - James Neal
Jussi Jokinen - Jordan Staal - Mark Recchi
Matt Cooke - Brandon Sutter - Tyler Kennedy

Sergei Gonchar - Ryan Whitney
Alex Goligoski - Kris Letang
Brooks Orpik - Paul Martin

Marc-André Fleury
Tomas Vokoun

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Yeah Recchi sucked and Iginla looked out of place even with Bylsmagic doing his thing. Id swap Iginla with Hossa and Recchi with Kessel even if Phil.has been pretty underwhelming.

Sutter I would swap with Vitale because reasons.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
Pascal Dupuis should be on this roster in some form. He produced regardless of the line he played on. I'd swap him for TK (slot him down to 13F) and let him have at it.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
You have to ignore positioning a bit:

Hossa-Crosby-Iginla
Malone-Malkin-Neal
Hornqvist-Staal-Kessel
Palffy-Lemieux-Sykora

Orpik-Gonchar
Martin-Letang
Whitney-Gogo

MAF
Vokoun

That was tougher than I expected it to be. Almost had to just make a list of the players. The only reason I chose Malone there was because Malone was the battling PF in 08 that would have taken that Malkin-Neal combo to the next level. But only 08 Malone. Not anytime before or after lol.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
You have to ignore positioning a bit:

Hossa-Crosby-Iginla
Malone-Malkin-Neal
Hornqvist-Staal-Kessel
Palffy-Lemieux-Sykora

Orpik-Gonchar
Martin-Letang
Whitney-Gogo

MAF
Vokoun

That was tougher than I expected it to be. Almost had to just make a list of the players. The only reason I chose Malone there was because Malone was the battling PF in 08 that would have taken that Malkin-Neal combo to the next level. But only 08 Malone. Not anytime before or after lol.
I agree with Malone. For that year or 2, he was exactly what the 2015-2016 Penguins need. Plus, he had better chemistry with Malkin than Horny.

Kunitz – Crosby – Hossa
Malone – Malkin – Neal
Hornqvist – Staal –Kessel
Cooke – Talbot – Dupuis

Orpik – Gonchar
Martin – Letang
Gogo – Niskanen

MAF

Honorable mention : Gary Roberts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad