Post Draft Thread: Grade John Chayka's 2018 Draft Picks

What's your grade?

• Total voters

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I gave him a B. Doan know if performance will warrant that when all is said and done (hopefully that's an A), but he stuck to his guns and that places him above average in my mind.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
D

They didn't show exceptional touch at getting good value like years past.

Reactions: Yandover

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Much as I want to, in good conscience I can't give lower than a C grade despite my only really liking the Emberson and Kirk picks.

Not going to get my hopes too high with this crop but we'll see where things stand in a couple seasons.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Jenik was on my radar in the 3rd, so I'm okay with the pick. Still doesn't really change my overall feelings for the draft.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Went with a B. He drafted 4 D-men, 2 G, 1 RW, 1 LW/C, and a natural Center. 9 players in a decent draft. We really needed to replenish the D in the system. Of course, we could have drafted a top shelf D-man or Zadina (thus a B instead of an A), but I gotta defer to the scouts on this. He's drafting for the long game and apparently character/future loyalty.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
D

I wanted Zadina and i still want Zadina
My post dissappeared, but this is pretty close to what I posted. Basically if Zadina isn't available at 5, I'd probably give it a B or C. But passing on Zadina and taking what looks like a reach earns a D. Hopefully Hayton is amazing and makes this look dumb in two years.

Reactions: Yandover

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I won't vote on this one. Not only because I only pretend to know the hundreds of names of draftable players, or even to know the top candidates much. But also because it's way to early to let any based disagreement (which I don't even have, talking about "based") bleed into a "grade".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad