Post Chiarelli: Will the Edmonton Oilers make the playoffs?

Will Edmonton make the 2018-19 playoffs?

• Total voters

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
Chia's firing does little for the players unless the interim GM comes in and makes moves.
If I were the new GM I would try to rid myself of all the horrid contracts on that team before even considering the playoffs as a goal. If whoever steps in and can get someone to take Milan Lucic in any capacity then that man deserves the job.

Also, is Koskinen any good? looking at cap geek he jumps from a 2.5m cap hit to a 4.5m cap hit next season. Did they really give a backup 4.5m?

Reactions: lawrence

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Considering the real problem is Nicholson and Co probably not. The Ken Hitchcock hiring was one of the dumber moves possible. Anyone was an upgrade over Mclellan however they had one shot this season at a new coach which would be the biggest difference maker and they blew it. He was a great coach but last years showing in dallas and now Edmonton shows time has passed him by.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I think that the players are going to come back from the break, go into the same dressing room realize that no help is coming and give up on the season.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Nope. And if they do, then they'll be kicked out of the first round. The playoffs is all about depth, and that's something they severely lack in.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
No. They changed the coach and got a temporary bump and then reverted back to form. They probably just miss even though making the playoffs this year in the West is not exactly a huge accomplishment.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
if they can address their forward depth, their defensive depth, and their prospect pool this deadline then sure

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
The team is simply not good enough. I'd be shocked if they did, although the return of Klefbom should help quite a bit and they could go on a bit of a run. With how weak the WC is this year it's possible I guess but they really have no business being in the conversation.

McJesusSaves97

I see the light
May 17, 2015
Cowtown: Behind Enemy Lines
Too many holes...a nuke is needed imo, but that is not a popular opinion among Oiler fans. I would do my best to blow it up (at all levels) & start fresh with something completely new as we enter McDavids prime years. What we have been doing sure is not working....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad