Post all the vehicles you've owned

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by HansonBro, May 16, 2017.

1. HansonBro

HansonBro Registered User

Id crawl in that 4runner ;)

2. StanGetz

StanGetz o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚

I found this dumb thing today and am super tempted to just go buy it, and sell the WRX

2005 Subaru Forester 2.5XT

I work from home and having a $350/mo car payment on a car I drive like 5k miles a year is hella dumb. I could pay cash for that, sell the WRX and probably get 85% the experience. Even more after I give it some lows. Damn.

3. IslesNbeer

IslesNbeer Registered User

1980 AMC Eagle
    1980 Chev Malibu (originally 267 v8, turbo 350,229 rear end - when sold it 383 stroker, turbo 350 rebuilt and 373)
    1990 (I think) Chysler Daytona
    2000 Dodge Neon (2 months before Landrover did an unsafe left turn and totalled it) did the SRT4 swap
    2003 Honda S2K supercharged
    2006 Ford Escape
    2016 Honda Hrv EX
    2019 Honda CRV EX

4. OmniCube

OmniCube Kefka did it for the lulz

Vic Viper
    How much do you want for the WRX? :laugh:

5. StanGetz

$12,500 pls :eek:

6. RichWVU

RichWVU Registered User

Forgot I had a couple Corvairs back in highschool and college, never got any of them fully road legal, which sucked.

Added a 2019 Silverado LT a couple weeks ago, mostly my wife's truck.

Current fleet is the 2009 M5, 2005 4Runner, and 2019 Silverado.

7. Thehair17

Thehair17 Registered User

Fracking
    Previous
    1997 Toyota Camry
    1999 Toyota Solara
    2003 Toyota Matrix
    2006 Honda Accord
    2008 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Current
    1999 Dodge Ram 1500
    2017 Subaru BRZ

8. Art of Sedinery

Art of Sedinery Registered User

1987 Nissan 200SX
    1992 Mazda Protégé
    2001 Nissan Xterra
    2007 Mazda 3
    2018 Mazda 3

Notice a trend?

9. OmniCube

Vic Viper
    you only buy domestics?

10. Art of Sedinery

Art of Sedinery Registered User

Exactly. ;)

I'll hold onto my current 3 for at least as long as I can hold out on buying a truck. If I do, the Nissan Frontier is probably my first choice lol.

11. OmniCube

Vic Viper
    I used to have one. Liked it, didn't love it but didn't want to pay up for a Tacoma. :laugh:

95% of my miles are city miles and a truck will beat you to hell in that scenario.

12. Roboturner913

Roboturner913 Ask me about my vomit bowl

Selling both my cars and getting an Elantra Sport, I think. Either that or a V6/manual Accord.

In the last 3-4 years I've gone through a Caliber SRT4, a first-gen Versa, a Volvo S60R, a Legacy GT wagon and a Corolla S. And a Yamaha FZR600. And a Buell XB12. And a Mazda B2200. LOL

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  13. Very Stable Genius

Very Stable Genius #WeLostOurKarlssons

So I picked up a 2014 4Runner Limited with 100000miles for $22000 as a winter vehicle. Figured I could keep it for a 6-12 months till more EVs come to the market and recoup pretty much all I paid since these things are basically resistant to depreciation.

RichWVU likes this.
  14. DaJackal

DaJackal Registered User

3000GT VR-4 is a magnificent vehicle given how long ago it was designed. I have a '94 model which is currently undergoing some modifications (aiming for 500+hp).

Oh, the list:

1989 Toyota Corolla 1.3 (dad's old car, been in the family since '92)
    1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS (sold to ex-gf)
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 2.5 V6 (slightly modified)
    2000 Mitsubishi Galant 2.5 V6 STW (not running when bought, fixed and flipped)
    1992 Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6 (cheap beater)
    1992 Mitsubishi Galant GTI Dynamic-4 (aka VR-4 w/o turbo; "cheap winter beater project")
    1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS ("cheap summer car project")
    1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (summer car)
    1996? Subaru Legacy 2.2 ("rally" car, co-owned 50/50 with a friend)

1999 Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 2.5 TT RHD (gearbox issues, sold to a friend)
    1999 Audi S6 4.2 V8 Avant (family wagon)
    2001 BMW 530dA E39 M-Sport (sold to a friend)
    2004 BMW 530dA E61 (new family wagon, remapped to 280hp/660Nm)

I still have the bolded ones. Trying to sell 2 or 3 since I can't drive them all enough but it's hard to find the time when you have a house to renovate, ****loads of work to do and a toddler to watch. Sigh.

15. MoreMogilny

MoreMogilny Cap'n

2005 Kia Rio - First car, got it for $500, drove it for 2 years and 75k KMs, then sold it for $900. Might have just been quicker to walk.

2008 Pontiac G5 GT. Don’t let the GT fool you, it was slow, but a lot more fun than the Kia. An absolute money pit though.

2014 Ford Focus. First new car. It was okay but nothing spectacular.

2015 Ford F-150. Pretty bare ones but I enjoyed having a truck. It was 2wd though so I don’t know what I was thinking.

2016 Jeep Cherokee Limited. Wanted 4wd and always liked Jeep styling. Also wanted something more loaded. It was okay for the 3+ years I had it, but so many annoying mechanical issues such as a noisy sunroof, powered lift gate that sometimes wouldn’t lock shut, creaky suspensión that nobody could properly diagnose. The list goes on.

2019 Ram 1500 (current). My favourite by far, and one I plan to keep for a while. Glad to be back in a truck and it has already come in handy so many times for utility reasons.

I initially thought to get into something really fast for the first time, but at my stage in life, driving around with your infant in the back seat of a Mustang isn’t a good look. At least my wife thinks so.

16. StanGetz

how's that audi been?

i had a 4.2 audi s4 and it was horrible. i've never owned a worse car in my life.

i have been looking for a urs4, or at least another b5s4. I miss my audi's, despite the terrible b6s4 that ruined my bank account in 2014/15.

17. DaJackal

DaJackal Registered User

It's been good. Now I think I'll try to sell it, because it would need a timing belt done (C5 S6:s have timing belt instead of timing chain like S4:s) and I wouldn't like to spend over $1k for a car that I have very little use nowadays. But if I can't get a good price on it I'll just get it done and keep the car for a year or two.

Only bad thing in these cars is the automatic gearbox (Tiptronic ain't called "Sliptronic" for nothing), but for the one I bought it was already replaced. Other than that these are solid vehicles and won't cost a fortune to maintain.

18. CBJ AZ goalie

CBJ AZ goalie Registered User

Alright, some nice lists here and reading some of these cars is bringing back some memories.

Ok, here goes....this is going to be embarrassing.

Going to list all the VW's first because I love these cars, and still do:
    - 3 seperate VW Beetles, all '73's. One was a Standard Beetle, the other two were Super Beetles. Lost interest in restoring the Standard Beetle, never got it on the road. But got the fever again, and restored one of the Super Beetles.
    - 2 Rabbit GTI's. One was more for parts, but the other.....that one was my first VW and started my love affair with the brand. That car is still around, locally. Driven HARD by at least 5 teenage boys, and still survived.
    - '82 Rabbit diesel. Didn't have this one too long.
    - '84 Rabbit convertible. Ex-wife's car, something fun to drive around in.
    - '87 Jetta diesel. This one was purple, and had all sorts of crazy **** on it (from the prior owner): brush bar across the front, beeper when you back up, extra exterior lights, etc. This one got me back and forth to college reliably, until I slid into a curb and then it never drove well again - so I sold it.
    - '87 Fox. The only car I drove the piss out of almost all the time - which led to the head gasket going. Painted this car half blue/half silver with checkered pattern for colour transition from front to back.
    - '89 Golf diesel (non-turbo). Very basic car, no options, not even AC. Another car with a different paint job: silver hood, roof and hatch - rest of the car was burgundy.
    - '90 Golf, gas - nothing spectacular about this car besides that is seemed to defy time. It was slow, but you always seemed to get to your destination ahead of time.
    - '90 Corrado G60. Fast and fun. Drove this car across Canada, coast to coast, in 10 days. Got this car up to 220 km/h, because it was advertised as being able to go 225km/h - so I had to check for myself.
    - '92 Passat diesel. Just a beautiful looking car. Wished I owned this one longer. Sold it to some guy from Washington, DC. He drove through a snowstorm to get it.
    - '93 Eurovan. First vehicle I realized that it drives better on the recommended fuel. It was horrible with regular, but it pulled great with premium. Friends loved this one, 7 guys fit comfortably in it.
    - '96 Passat diesel (non-TDI). Good car, but I blew the engine by having an amateur replace the timing belt for me. You live you learn.
    - '98 Jetta TDI. Oh, this was the ultimate sleeper. It was a base model car, but I put an Upsolute chip in it, and it went like hell!! Another one I wished I kept longer.
    - '98 New Beetle TDI. Got caught up in the craze when the New Beetle came out, had to have one. Loved this car, was very reliable.
    - '01 New Beetle GLS. Fun, had lots of options. Oldest daughter learned to drive stickshift with this one. Sad to see it sold....
    - '11 Routan. Needed a minivan at this point. I know these get a lot of hate because they're a re-badged Grand Caravan, but I loved this looks of it. Served us well.
    - '13 Golf wagon TDI, Wolfsburg edition. My current daily driver. Love this car, has everything I need and it's practical.
    - '08 VW Eos. Wife's current drive. Just got this.

Now, there was a period of time when I was out of VW's, so here's what else I had:
    - '81 Plymouth Reliant. My first car. Green on green, 6 passenger. My last memory of it was it being dragged away by a tow truck, as one of the rear wheels seized from sitting too long.
    - '87 Chrysler LeBaron GTS. Black on black, loaded. Loved the idea of a sedan with a hatch. Fun car, and the well-known Dodge turbo engine was a hoot to drive.
    - '88 Dodge Shadow ES. Another Dodge turbo. Didn't have this one too long.
    - '85 Ford Tempo. Everyone had one of these, didn't they??
    - '01 Ford Windstar. POS. But I did get it up to 180 km/h once....felt like I was floating.
    - '04 Ford Freestar. Bigger POS. Almost left us stranded on the highway.
    - 98 Ford Windstar. Biggest POS. It DID leave us stranded on the highway at 3am. Had to get a couple of cabs to take all of us home, which was still an hour and a half away.
    - '08 Dodge Charger. Nothing special about this one.
    - '10 Dodge Avenger. Beautiful looking car, nicely equipped.
    - '07 Dodge Caliber. Again, nothing special.
    - '16 Dodge Journey. Family hauler, only vehicle I've purchased from brand new. A mistake.
    - '08 Dodge Caravan.
    - '12 Dodge Grand Caravan. Excellent family hauler, but it ate brakes. I mean, every year it needed pads and rotors - and I do mostly highway driving!

And lastly, the company vehicles:
    - '98 Chevrolet Malibu
    - '01 Chevrolet Malibu
    - '96 GMC Jimmy. This one had a hard wired in telephone handset! So many wires when I pulled that thing out.
    - '04 Ford Ranger
    - '06 Ford Ranger. Both of these Rangers were excellent trucks. Had the stickshift with 4.0L engine.
    - '08 Ford Escape. This vehicle was EXCELLENT in the snow, even with all-season tires.
    - '10 Chevrolet Equinox. This one ate oil and you had no idea where it was going. No leaks, and not coming out of the tailpipe.

That's it. Yikes.
    But I can proudly say I have never written off any of these vehicles. Just got bored and kept trading. No surprise my Dad was a dealer, but I purchased most of these on my own.

StanGetz likes this.
  19. Julio Jones

Julio Jones Queens BCom/JD

2009 Jetta 2.0
    2018 Jetta 1.4 tsi

20. ShelbyZ

ShelbyZ Registered User

Since this post I've added:

-1997 Geo Prizm - POS
    -2008 Cadillac Escalade

21. kingsholygrail

kingsholygrail Apex Smug Sponsor

My chair
    1987 Chevrolet Nova(Cherry red) - My first car that I bought from my uncle when I was 15. I had a lot of great teenaged adventures in it. Totalled it when I rear-ended someone in downtown LA. It could still drive, but wasn't worth fixing. Donated.

2000 Volkswagen Jetta(Used) - First car off a lot. This thing was a ****ing lemon. Had a check engine light within 2 weeks. Basically gave me problems every few months after until finally the engine seized on my way to a Kings game. Turned out the noise I kept complaining about that they could never find was a disintegrated spark plug that fell into the chamber and the piston was smashing against it until it finally broke down. Refused to buy from them again. Also donated this car.

2010 Honda Civic(New) - I wanted a new car after the terrible experience of the Jetta. That way everything that happened to it was me. I've kept great records and I love this car so much. But I am looking into maybe something new soon. It's been almost 10 years since I bought it. Still runs good and no payment so I keep putting off replacing it. haha

22. frisco

frisco Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...

1976 Oldsmobile Delta Eighty-Eight-Hand me down from father.
    1981 Chevrolet Monte Carlo-Loved this thing. More than a car, a personal friend.
    1994 Chevrolet Cavalier-Meh. The definition of an A-to-B vehicle.
    1993 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight-Winter vehicle for below. Another dad me down.
    2001 Mercedes SLK-Summers. Fun. Most excited I ever was for a car.
    2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo. Winter vehicle for below. Dependable as all heck.
    2013 Porsche 911 S-Summers. I really like it although I've had maintenance problems++.

Not an SUV/truck guy.

My Best-Carey