Line Combos: Post All-Star Game Adjustments (Positivity Thread!)

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Saad has had a bad year like many others but he still has youth on his side. He is really one of the least of our worries. I can see him with a new coach and fresh ideas being great next season.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Cat-19-91
38-8-Kaner
Sad-15-Hino
57-Kampf-13

Balance the lines and Sharp is out of the lineup for me, even Wingels is better than him at this point.

Give Gustafson 5-10 more games to adjust if he doesn’t do well put Ruuta back in and ride it out unless there is a D acquired which I think there will not be unless the Hawks go on a tear these next 3 weeks.
I like this a lot actually.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yeah, the Hawks aren't moving Saad. It's not gonna happen. There's no reason to. He's in a bit of a funk on the offensive side(that I think he'll snap out of at some point), but selling low on Saad would be monumentally idiotic.

Reactions: migi

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
I don't it is so much Saad and other players as it is the continual brutal system they are forced to play. I am hoping Bowman can swing a couple of trades before the deadline to bring in a couple of bigger, more rugged forwards and one bigger, more rugged defense men that can actually play decent hockey. Size has been a big problem as we all can plainly see but Q must also adapt and change the system/style of play to better suit the players on the team.

Speed >>> size. In today's NHL, anyway.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Turn back the time and not trade Panarin for Saad.

---

Trade Saad for pick and call up Hayden
Trade Anisimov for pick and call up Highmore
Switch Hinostroza back to C

1st: DeBrincat-Toews-Duclair*
2nd: Hartman-Schmaltz-Kane**
3rd: Jurco-Hinostroza-Hayden***
4th: Bouma-Kampf-Wingels****

Rotate Highmore&Jurco

Keep the D same

Both Saad&Anisimov have some value,
2nd,3rd,4th round value picks - plausible.

* this lines performance was the only reason why Hawks beat Wings
** 2nd line needs Hartman back,they looked sloppy with Saad
*** Hinostroza obviously plays better as a center,Hayden is a must,Highmore for this could work
**** skate,skate,skate,check,check,check
you want the hawks to trade saad and anisimov for 2nd 3rd and 4th round picks.....uhhh

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Cat-19-91
38-8-Kaner
Sad-15-Hino
57-Kampf-13

Balance the lines and Sharp is out of the lineup for me, even Wingels is better than him at this point.

Give Gustafson 5-10 more games to adjust if he doesn’t do well put Ruuta back in and ride it out unless there is a D acquired which I think there will not be unless the Hawks go on a tear these next 3 weeks.

12-19-91
20-8-88
40-15-38
13-64-48

2-82
56-5
6-7

I like your lines minus a few minor tweaks.

I would interchange 57-13 pending on who plays better.

Long term I bring 42 back up and play him with 5.

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava
Bring back Hayden

seems that Q is afraid to put Wingels on waivers, he clearly doesnt fit to 3L.But if Q would want to stick with more creative, less physicall, more talented 4L, then there is no business for Wingels in the roster at all and Hayden can bring as much toughness as Wingels does. ATM a swap Hayden for Wingels looks like a good idea but maybe we have to wait for result of Jurco's tryouts, then some decisions will be done.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
42 is not ready. Pairing him with 5 is not going to change that. He needs coaching which hopefully he'll get in RFD.

Last edited:

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Long-term should equal as long as it takes for 42 to be truly NHL ready ... It will take more than a few games in the AHL to get there. Teemu mentioned the comparison to Rundblad a few days ago and he'd be right. The last thing Chicago, or Forsling needs is another Bladder situation. He's better than that and he's only 21 ... just needs seasoning and coaching.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Long-term should equal as long as it takes for 42 to be truly NHL ready ... It will take more than a few games in the AHL to get there.Teemu mentioned the comparison to Rundblad a few days ago and he'd be right. The last thing Chicago, or Forsling needs is another Bladder situation. He's better than that and he's only 21 ... just needs seasoning and coaching.

Yes that is what long-term means to me.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
12-19-91
20-8-88
40-15-38
13-64-48

2-82
56-5
6-7

I like your lines minus a few minor tweaks.

I would interchange 57-13 pending on who plays better.

Long term I bring 42 back up and play him with 5.

Is Saad more useful playing the net-front role with Schmaltz and Kane, or by being used as the top offensive threat on a third line with Anisimov?

I feel like you'd have three capable scoring lines by putting Saad with Anisimov, while the Saad with Kane set up gives you two lines that can score, and two lower lines you hope can score.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
On the Madhouse podcast, an emailer suggested putting Toews and Kane together full-time for the rest of the season, while letting the younger guys figure out how to play together and produce without Kane.

Zawaski and Neveau weren't put off by the idea.

What do you guys think about that, and what would that lineup look like?

migi

Feb 25, 2015
On the Madhouse podcast, an emailer suggested putting Toews and Kane together full-time for the rest of the season, while letting the younger guys figure out how to play together and produce without Kane.

DeBrincat/Duclair - Toews - Kane
Saad - Schmaltz - Duclair/DeBrincat
Hartman - Anisimov - Sikura
Hinostroza - Kampf - Jurco

Not bad proposal.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
DeBrincat/Duclair - Toews - Kane
Saad - Schmaltz - Duclair/DeBrincat
Hartman - Anisimov - Sikura
Hinostroza - Kampf - Jurco

Not bad proposal.

DeBrincat-Toews-Kane could be fun and should, in theory, pile on goals.

Saad-Schmaltz-Duclair would be key to making this idea work, they need to produce if defenses are focusing top units on the first line.

Does the Anisimov-Hartman line get used as the shutdown line?

Reactions: migi

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Debrincat-Toews-Kane
Saad-Schmaltz-Sikura
Hinostroza-Anisimov-Duclair
Hartman-Kampf-Jurco

3 scoring lines and a checking line. Mainly, I would like to see Hino and Duke on the same line at some point to see if they can disrupt the flow of the game with their speed.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Does the Anisimov-Hartman line get used as the shutdown line?

I think they should use Kampf as shutdown line center and give Anisimov, Hartman and Sikura the easiest, bumslayer kind of deployment. Not saying that Kampf can do it but as of now he is the best option to do it with Toews.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

I wouldn't do it because I think 8 and 88 have some high end chemistry together and 8's speed opens up the game for 88 a bit.

I would let 12-19-91 gel and see what happens. Same goes for 20 playing with 8 and 88. I think it is mental at this point and he has to snap out of it.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Debrincat-Toews-Kane
Saad-Schmaltz-Sikura
Hinostroza-Anisimov-Duclair
Hartman-Kampf-Jurco

3 scoring lines and a checking line. Mainly, I would like to see Hino and Duke on the same line at some point to see if they can disrupt the flow of the game with their speed.

Sikura has been playing LW which is better for the Hawks as they have more RW options than LW options.

DeBrincat-Toews-Duclair
Hinostroza-Schmaltz-Kane
Saad-Anisimov-Hartman
Sikura-Kampf-Jurco

Reactions: ColdSteel2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad