Proposal: Possible Trades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDpassantino

Jan 16, 2012
I would trade for Kessel. Only if the asking price is right. Reason I would take him is because he has great speed and I think he would be a perfect fit in NJ. Has anyone seen interviews? The guy seems like he is gonna cry every time. He seems like a shy guy, and I think him being in a big market like Toronto is to much pressure for him. In NJ he would not have that much pressure on him and I think that could elevate his game even more.

Has anyone mention Kopecky from the Panthers? I would take him in a heartbeat. The guy is big and likes to go to the net. In my mind he is better than Poni. Imagine the line Kopecky-Zubrus-Clarkson. But in all seriousness I have no idea what it would take to acquire him.

kiwidevil

Kessel is not the kind of player I want. Just seems like a guy you don't win with. Seems to wilt when the pressure is on.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
In terms of top 6 forwards, Devils need a reliable puck possession guy, not an expensive one-dimensional scorer. A Bergeron type of player, not Kessel.

apice3*

Kessel is a very good player who gets really overlooked, but I'd be lying if I said I would want to trade for him.

Asking price will be too high, and he wouldn't be able to play Devils hockey.

apice3*

Ladd is the captain in Winnipeg. Doubt he gets traded. Poni would be more realistic.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
That still doesn't take away the fact that he'd demand somewhere in the range of 6M$ per.

Radulov is nothing but trouble and that's the last thing Lou wants in his locker room. He bolted to Russia cause he wanted to get paid and now he might bolt from Russia cause he's not getting his way?

Sounds like the exact type of player Lou would target.

I totally agree with you on all points I'm simply saying if he is forced out of the KHL and the only place to play is the NHL no one will give him that money. So he can take the cheaper contract and prove himself or not play hockey at all.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
ladd is a very solid player. when he's on a line with players better than him, he's great. a ladd-zajac-kovy line would be fantastic. he puts up points on a line with little and wheeler, who are good players in their own right but not great, so i can only imagine what he would do with kovy opposite him.

that said, winnipeg has no reason to trade him.

a guy they might be willing to move for a price though is burmistrov. he's pretty much a russian josefson, but his puck skills are fantastic and he can play every forward position. would be a solid addition if they wanted to move him. if they think scheifele is going to pan out and are confident they can get little signed long term they just might too.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Ladd is the captain in Winnipeg. Doubt he gets traded. Poni would be more realistic.

Well, Ladd's completely unrealistic trade indeed, he also signed until 2017. He's just the type of forward the Devils need. An underrated all-around puck possession monster.

Jack Griffin

Jan 28, 2012
Florida
Weiss really isn't an ideal target for the Devils because he doesn't shoot. His season high in shots is 180. The Devils lost a total of 521 shots on goal between Parise (293), Sykora (170), and Ponikarovsky (58 w/NJ). Adding a shooter would be a lot more helpful.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
ladd is a very solid player. when he's on a line with players better than him, he's great. a ladd-zajac-kovy line would be fantastic. he puts up points on a line with little and wheeler, who are good players in their own right but not great, so i can only imagine what he would do with kovy opposite him.

that said, winnipeg has no reason to trade him.

a guy they might be willing to move for a price though is burmistrov. he's pretty much a russian josefson, but his puck skills are fantastic and he can play every forward position. would be a solid addition if they wanted to move him. if they think scheifele is going to pan out and are confident they can get little signed long term they just might too.

Didn't they send Burmi down lately ?

There was that Jets proposal for Tallinder a few weeks ago where I proposed a trade for Burmistrov. It was a bit of an overpayment but my main goal was to see whether Alex was tradable or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad