Proposal: Possible Trades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL Fanatik*

We have pretty good defensive depth, especially with the fact that we have D that can come up, such as Larsson, and compete. I'd say our whole defensive core is NHL ready, give or take some of the young prospects obviously.

And I know I'm not the only one who thinks it, but we need a forward; not desperately, but we could use one. So my question is, if you could trade with any team, what would you give (defensive wise) for an offensemen?

Id say our highest value D would be Greene and Fayne, but I don't see them moving. So with Volchenkov (although the NMC) and Tallinder, what do you guys think we could get out of a team?

I had heard something about Franzen, but we would have to put more than just a Volchenkov or Tallinder for him.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I like Franzen but he is signed forever and is already 33

at this point it has to be Tallinder or Volch that goes. they are the only ones that make sense. even if we have to add a pick or a prospect, I would take whatever top 9 winger that either of them gets us. hopefully a team gets desperate for a top 4 DMan

NHL Fanatik*

That's what I'm thinking as well, I'll take almost any top 9 winger we can get for a decent price; given their contract and age isn't too bad.

Although LA is now in need of a higher rated D man as I recall, so maybe something with them? I don't know if they are willing to part ways with much of their offense, but just maybe...

NHL Fanatik*

I wanted to make this thread a month ago, but I literally just registered. Oh well haha

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Just search the trade board for Tallinder and Volchenkov, you'll find hundreds :laugh:

Actually, most of them are usually pretty solid.
Except when it comes to Edmonton, for whatever reason.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I could see Fayne going, but only for overpayment. He's worth more to us than other teams will probably want him for. I just don't think it's out of the possibility to see him go though, but only for something more than worth it. It will most likely be Tallinder though. He's the easiest to get rid of.

Sal is going nowhere, Larsson is going nowhere, Zidlicky just has this year left, and I'd assume he's going nowhere unless that's what the other team asks for. Greene is hopefully going nowhere and I think he's deemed as untouchable.

NHL Fanatik*

I could see Fayne going, but only for overpayment. He's worth more to us than other teams will probably want him for. I just don't think it's out of the possibility to see him go though, but only for something more than worth it. It will most likely be Tallinder though. He's the easiest to get rid of.

Sal is going nowhere, Larsson is going nowhere, Zidlicky just has this year left, and I'd assume he's going nowhere unless that's what the other team asks for. Greene is hopefully going nowhere and I think he's deemed as untouchable.

I like the idea of Fayne having to gain overpayment, but I like Fayne a lot so far, so it would have to be a great deal to ward off the sting of losing him.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
ill say teddy and tally for mps and hemsky. not considering any extras either team adds or whatever. we make good partners. shrug

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
Magnus pajaarvi svensson.

I don't think Franzen is for us. Really don't like that contract. Wings fans seem like they want to get rid of him too, which really isn't a good sign. Hasn't been playing well recently apparently, neither have the Wings as a whole though.

As mentioned before D'agostini + from St Louis for either Volchenkov or Tallinder.

Maybe Lokotionov from LA?

NHL Fanatik*

ill say teddy and tally for mps and hemsky. not considering any extras either team adds or whatever. we make good partners. shrug

Weren't the Devils already part of Hemsky rumors, and then faded into the background? I don't know about him, if I could I would hold off for someone else

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Anything that gets Larsson back into the lineup, and opens up an extra spot at forward. I don't want Ales Glasky, but I'll take Gagner.

I don't think Tambellini will start moving any of these forwards though cause every year he thinks the tide will finally turn, and he also must really believe his D is good enough.

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
we should make a poll on when Lou will finally make a trade, cause it really is inevitable.

glory as thee prize!

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
As mentioned before D'agostini + from St Louis for either Volchenkov or Tallinder.

Been beating this drum for a while now. He's kind of lost in the fold of a team who has built up some flashy forward prospects.

I think his speed will be a great asset to a team that doesn't have a lot of quickness up and down the roster. He looks like he'd fit right in alongside Elias or Josefson. He's no sniper, but he has a shoot-first mentality that so many of the forwards on the team are lacking.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Been beating this drum for a while now. He's kind of lost in the fold of a team who has built up some flashy forward prospects.

I think his speed will be a great asset to a team that doesn't have a lot of quickness up and down the roster. He looks like he'd fit right in alongside Elias or Josefson. He's no sniper, but he has a shoot-first mentality that so many of the forwards on the team are lacking.
And for a guy of his size, he`s throwing his body around a lot.

Then again, I want someone who can score goals at will.

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
And for a guy of his size, he`s throwing his body around a lot.

Then again, I want someone who can score goals at will.

I don't think we have what it would take to acquire one of those via trade. Unless someone demands to come here (Tarasenko :sarcasm: .... :()

If Lou doesn't sit on his hands before free agency hits with all of our own UFAs, I have a good feeling we can pick up decent talent this summer. Especially with our cap situation moving forward.

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
No, our big ticket Russian and the overpaid center riding his coat tails are going to have to foot the bill for their own teammates from now on.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
I don't think we have what it would take to acquire one of those via trade. Unless someone demands to come here (Tarasenko :sarcasm: .... :()

If Lou doesn't sit on his hands before free agency hits with all of our own UFAs, I have a good feeling we can pick up decent talent this summer. Especially with our cap situation moving forward.
MPS has the potential though.

I agree. That said, we can definitely do better than to acquire D`Agostini. ;)

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
MPS has the potential though.

I agree. That said, we can definitely do better than to acquire D`Agostini. ;)

Depends who gets desperate and when.
Right now Edmonton still thinks they have a chance, so I'm not sure what they're looking for.

To get someone who isn't mirrored in either Tedenby, Sykora or Butler, we're going to have to wait for a few more bodies to pile up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->