Speculation: Possible targets from teams with cap issues this summer

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I know they're probably not going to even entertain it but I'd call Toronto and ask what they want for Marner. I'd give up a protected 1st in 2020, two 2nds this year, and something else like Severson/Walsh/Davies.

I realize that is probably not enough but just spit balling.

Reactions: MichaelJ

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I'm a huge fan of Roslovic, I have been since he played at the US-NTDP. I think I was the first person I saw to rank him in the top-25 in his draft year. The kid just has tremendous upside. But everything I've heard indicates that he was off-limits at the trade deadline, and some believe that's why the Jets did not land local Winnipeg-native Mark Stone.

Fowler is an interesting thought, however. Anaheim loves to ice a big team and they are a common trade partner with Ray Shero -- maybe if the Devils offered Mueller and Zacha, they'd bite.

My dream scenario would be to trade Damon Severson ++ to Anaheim for Cam Fowler this offseason and then sign Myers on July 1st. I think Myers gets a bad rap because he hasn't exactly lived up to the hype since his outstanding rookie campaign. He has played quite well this season and would add some much needed size to our D corps and could be an excellent D partner for Smith in his first season.

Fowler-Vatanen
Smith-Myers
Greene-Butcher/Mueller

Not too shabby but probably a pipe dream

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
A guy I would target who will be UFA is Joonas Donskoi from the Sharks. Solid fundamental hockey player who might be overlooked by SJ and not be kept due to focus on keeping Pavelski and Karlsson.

He’d provide solid quality depth on the wing in the bottom six but wouldn’t be out of place or unhelpful if having to fill in the top 6.

His possession stats were also impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->