Possible Scenario suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
Penguins have a lot of defensemens in their pipeline, and we need a good foward, i was thinking here Montreal have an overflow of young centers... Seems Lars Eller might not have any playing time due to Galchenyuck, Desharnais and Plekanecs playing center.... What do you think we could give up to get Eller?

Guins71

Mar 22, 2004
In my Opinion, this team needs a Winger that is a right handed shot. The one i would prefer is Bobby Ryan. Iginla would be nice if the Pens didn't have to give up too much. Pierre Mcquire mentioned Kessel with Crosby the other day. If they could get one of those 3 guys without giving up any of Malkin, Crosby, Neal, or any of the core D that played last night along with Niskanen, I'd be happy. This PP needs a right handed shot down low.

AEKaki

No disrespect here, I'm from Montreal, and all I can say is that Eller is not a good hockey player. I wouldn't give a 5th rouder for him.
He's not an offensive threat, and his defensive game needs a lot of work.
As you also know and clearly advertised on RDS, he's very lazy.

Sutter and Vitale are far better.
Center position is not a problem.

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
In my Opinion, this team needs a Winger that is a right handed shot. The one i would prefer is Bobby Ryan. Iginla would be nice if the Pens didn't have to give up too much. Pierre Mcquire mentioned Kessel with Crosby the other day. If they could get one of those 3 guys without giving up any of Malkin, Crosby, Neal, or any of the core D that played last night along with Niskanen, I'd be happy. This PP needs a right handed shot down low.

I don't think we have the right pieces to get Kessel, Iginla, and Bobby Ryan. But Eller trading Morrow and Tangradi i can see it being done

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
No disrespect here, I'm from Montreal, and all I can say is that Eller is not a good hockey player. I wouldn't give a 5th rouder for him.
He's not an offensive threat, and his defensive game needs a lot of work.
As you also know and clearly advertised on RDS, he's very lazy.

Sutter and Vitale are far better.
Center position is not a problem.

Weird i listen to Tsn.ca radio and they think highly of him in MTL

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Eller is a center is he not? The Penguins a) don't need one, and b) not every center can switch to wing easily.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Of all the positions in hockey, the center ice position is the last one we need to address, and certainly the last one we should be giving up assets to acquire.

Crosby, Malkin, Sutter, Vitale. Add to that, a prospect like Jeffrey is also a natural center, and if need be, Adams can play 4th line center as well. It's the one position that I have zero doubts about.

Top six wingers, now that's another story ...

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
Of all the positions in hockey, the center ice position is the last one we need to address, and certainly the last one we should be giving up assets to acquire.

Crosby, Malkin, Sutter, Vitale. Add to that, a prospect like Jeffrey is also a natural center, and if need be, Adams can play 4th line center as well. It's the one position that I have zero doubts about.

Top six wingers, now that's another story ...

So you guys don't think he could play Wing?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
So you guys don't think he could play Wing?

I don't know, maybe he can. But why take a chance? Use whatever assets to acquire an actual scoring winger, rather than acquiring another center and trying to convert him to the wing.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I think a package like Maata,veilluex, bluger,tangradi, jeffrey, 20141st, 20132nd would be able to get bobby ryan.. Overpayment or underpayment? Most of the players are scraps ..

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I think a package like Maata,veilluex, bluger,tangradi, jeffrey, 20141st, 20132nd would be able to get bobby ryan.. Overpayment or underpayment? Most of the players are scraps ..

"Trade all our bad players for all their good players!"

Would be nice, but not happening.

Bengui

Jul 24, 2009

Why in all of my whys would they take our scrap for free and give us something worthy in exchange ?!

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
No offense to the OP but this thread is going nowhere. The Penguins have no need of a C, especially one who isn't that good, in the blind hopes that he can transition to wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->