Possible rosters next year / returning players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Funkymoses said:
These are a few guys who might make the team... (no OHL guys, but only because I don't follow them)

Defense
Matt Nickerson
Jack Hillen
Jack Johnson (stretch, he's an 87, but he's heavily hyped)

Forward
Darin Olver
Chad Kolarik
Kevin Porter
Chris Borque
Tom Frische
Jack Skille (87, stretch)

your picks are pretty good. I don't think Hennessy will get picked, and I think the US is going to tell Schremp to stuff it.

What about T.J. Hensick? On the small side, but incredibly skilled.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Team USA

It's obvious that Montoya will be the starting goalie but after him I would guess it's between Mike Brown and Chris Holt. In spite of good stats I've heard nothing but complaints about Gerald Coleman's play from London Knights fans. They might also give '86 born goalie Cory Schneider a shot. He's got a .970 save % so far this year in prep school and he seems like a bit of a wildcard.

On defense I would imagine that Jim Sharrow will be there. Nate Hagemo also has a shot. Like Funkeymoses said, Jack Johnson is an interesting possibility. There will probably be other '85 born players watched closely like Derek Peltier and Kyle Klubertanz from the USHL. There could be some other surprises too.

One area I disagree with Funkeymoses on is about Josh Hennessy. I totally expect him to be on the team. I really hope that Schremp and USA Hockey can put aside thier differences as well. Outside of that I think most of the likely candidates have been named.

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
cagney said:
In spite of good stats I've heard nothing but complaints about Gerald Coleman's play from London Knights fans.
I'm a Knights fan and I like Coleman. :dunno: I think he's a pretty solid goalie and he should be given a chance to make the American team next year.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Douggy said:
I'm a Knights fan and I like Coleman. :dunno: I think he's a pretty solid goalie and he should be given a chance to make the American team next year.

You seem to be the exception to the rule. I've seen other Knights fans just rail on him over on the NOOF. I guess he might get an invite to the summer evaluation camp but last I heard he wasn't on the best of terms with USA Hockey on account of him leaving the NTDP. Either way, whoever backs up Montoya probably won't get much playing time, if any. I really think it'll come down to Mike Brown and Chris Holt.

Funkymoses

Rabid Ranger said:
What about T.J. Hensick? On the small side, but incredibly skilled.

he was on Mobey's original list. He's played well at Michigan this year and given that he's an alum I think he's a solid bet for the team next year.

US will have some interesting choices next year, with a surplus of small, speedy, agile centers.

Ego

Mar 15, 2002
Slovakia
Visit site
Slovakia

Jaroslav Halak- Habs
Marek Novotny

Ivan Baranka- 85-Rangers
Michal Sersen- L85-2004
Juraj Liska- L85-2004
Andrej Meszaros-L85- 2004
Milan Hruska-85