Denmark: Possible roster of forwards if we Qualify for Olympics 2018

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
It just occurred to me with prospects developing (and they pan out) that if everyone stays healthy we could field the following forward lines for the Olympic Games in 2018. Always room for dreams :D

Nikolaj Ehlers - Lars Eller - Mikkel Bødker
Oliver Bjørkstrand - Frans Nielsen - Nicklas Jensen (PP line!)
Nichlas Hardt - Peter Regin - Jannik Hansen
Morten Madsen - Julian Jakobsen - Patrick Bjørkstrand

or however one wants to shuffle them.

We better not miss that chance.......

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
We will get there eventually. If not in '18 then '22. Rome wasnt build in a day and as long as our best players pursue a career in NA, I dont think anything will change. We need to get a better seed in WC and in order to do that we need to finish way better than Norway and Latvia i.e. at least getting to the quarters. With their rosters mainly playing in Europe and ours in NA its going to be tough if not impossible to play on equal terms.

I dont see that happening within the next few years unless we get really lucky with team eliminations in NHL. There is a little opening this season NHL finishing april 13th and the WC starting May 9th. Also because all the nations above us have played olympics they will probably not send their best rosters to the WC. If we fail this years WC with all that in mind, I dont think we have any place at the olympics anyway.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
We will get there eventually. If not in '18 then '22. Rome wasnt build in a day and as long as our best players pursue a career in NA, I dont think anything will change. We need to get a better seed in WC and in order to do that we need to finish way better than Norway and Latvia i.e. at least getting to the quarters. With their rosters mainly playing in Europe and ours in NA its going to be tough if not impossible to play on equal terms.

I dont see that happening within the next few years unless we get really lucky with team eliminations in NHL. There is a little opening this season NHL finishing april 13th and the WC starting May 9th. Also because all the nations above us have played olympics they will probably not send their best rosters to the WC. If we fail this years WC with all that in mind, I dont think we have any place at the olympics anyway.

Well I think Denmark has hit a unique streak of talents right now, and can't expect automatically to keep producing NHL talents at the current tempo.
So if we miss 2018 our chances wont likely be any higher in 2022?

But you are absolutely right that for WC our squad without NHL players is very thin and we will be in danger of demotion every year, while Latvia and Norway is nearer their optimum.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Well I think Denmark has hit a unique streak of talents right now, and can't expect automatically to keep producing NHL talents at the current tempo.

But you are absolutely right that for WC our squad without NHL players is very thin and we will be in danger of demotion every year, while Latvia and Norway is nearer their optimum.

It's in 5 years time(One word: Concussion) and you're counting on Ehlers and Bjorkstrand to pan out as planned(+ not adding the D-part to the equation). There's a whole lot of if's and maybe's for me get worked up over it.

I could much easier get worked up over the fact that Frans Nielsen and Lars Eller has turned up in FREAKING GOD MODE in the start of an Olympic year. An Olympic WE SHOULD BE AT HAD WE NOT ****ED UP THE ****ING QUALIFICATION AGAINST **** NATIONS. :rant::rant::rant:

Disclaimer: I do not think Slovenia(Or who ever ended up winning... I forgot:sarcasm:) is a **** nation. They're just a **** nation compared to the nations we could have lost to in the Olympics :)

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007

I understand what you are trying to say, but it is not a comment that will make you popular in DIU. Actually I believe they are trying very hard to not only keep status quo, but to improve the level of hockey in Denmark. And why shouldn’t we be able to keep producing high end talents? They do it in Latvia, Norway, Belarus and other “smaller†hockey countries. We will maybe not be able to improve much the number of active NHL players, but I will not rule out that Danish hockey can produce a NHL talent every second year, and at the same time improving the quality and quantity of players in SWE, KHL and DEL.

If you look at the U18 talents we currently have in Denmark there should be reason for optimism. I know that not all will reach their potential top level, but I see no indication of diminishing number of talents coming out of the Danish hockey school. On the contrary, we may not produce more high end talent today than before, but the group just below has gotten bigger and better.

I’ll make a list of the most important junior Danish talents in another thread.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I understand what you are trying to say, but it is not a comment that will make you popular in DIU. Actually I believe they are trying very hard to not only keep status quo, but to improve the level of hockey in Denmark. And why shouldn’t we be able to keep producing high end talents? They do it in Latvia, Norway, Belarus and other “smaller†hockey countries. We will maybe not be able to improve much the number of active NHL players, but I will not rule out that Danish hockey can produce a NHL talent every second year, and at the same time improving the quality and quantity of players in SWE, KHL and DEL.

If you look at the U18 talents we currently have in Denmark there should be reason for optimism. I know that not all will reach their potential top level, but I see no indication of diminishing number of talents coming out of the Danish hockey school. On the contrary, we may not produce more high end talent today than before, but the group just below has gotten bigger and better.

Look forward to it:handclap:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I understand what you are trying to say, but it is not a comment that will make you popular in DIU. Actually I believe they are trying very hard to not only keep status quo, but to improve the level of hockey in Denmark. And why shouldn’t we be able to keep producing high end talents? They do it in Latvia, Norway, Belarus and other “smaller” hockey countries. We will maybe not be able to improve much the number of active NHL players, but I will not rule out that Danish hockey can produce a NHL talent every second year, and at the same time improving the quality and quantity of players in SWE, KHL and DEL.

Oh I didn't mean in such a harsh way. I think Denmark can still improve a lot in overall depth level and the work that is being done is absolutely fantastic.
It's just that you see that we have 5-6 players in NHL and no one in SHL just just makes it glaringly obvious for me that our best players have become a lot better than could be expected.

Something like Norway having 1 NHL player, 3 KHL and 10 SHL players is what can be expected when you get more depth.

PS: Great idea with a junior Danish talent list (the reason I didn't make it is because I don't see any junior hockey, so I'm all blank).

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
It's in 5 years time(One word: Concussion) and you're counting on Ehlers and Bjorkstrand to pan out as planned(+ not adding the D-part to the equation). There's a whole lot of if's and maybe's for me get worked up over it.

I could much easier get worked up over the fact that Frans Nielsen and Lars Eller has turned up in FREAKING GOD MODE in the start of an Olympic year. An Olympic WE SHOULD BE AT HAD WE NOT ****ED UP THE ****ING QUALIFICATION AGAINST **** NATIONS. :rant::rant::rant:

Disclaimer: I do not think Slovenia(Or who ever ended up winning... I forgot:sarcasm:) is a **** nation. They're just a **** nation compared to the nations we could have lost to in the Olympics :)

I was more dreaming than counting on (as I said in the first post - "with prospects developing (and they pan out) that if everyone stays healthy").
The reason I didn't include the D is that is not so clear in 5 years time. We have a lot of upcoming young defenders so that area is quite fuzzy for me.
But I can totally agree with you being depressed about missing the Olympics when our players do so well right now!
Slovenia both beating Denmark and Belarus was quite an upset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad