Proposal: Possible (relatively cheap) trade solutions to fill Vrbata's spot

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Klink to Philly for Coutourier (2 yrs @ $1.7m) Yotes get a much better player. Philly gets a $1m of cap relief this year and Klink rolls off after the season.

Am I reading this right?

Theres not a snow balls chance in hell klinkhammer gets you Coutourier. Even with cap issues in Philly.

Couts would fetch a much much better offer than a no name like klinkhammer.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Oh the 10-20 posts expressing my happiness over this in the other thread is quite clear. In fact, all bad things in my house are now known as David Moss's.

We've got a 70lb German Shepherd named Max. My wife and I were dog sitting all week, too. A 90lb Labrador Retriever named O'Reilly. That's a lot of dog for a yard as small as ours. This morning, before it got too hot, I went into the backyard with a couple of grocery bags and picked up about a dozen or more big ass piles of Dave Mosses. It was a ridiculous amount of Dave Moss. At least ten pounds of Dave Moss. Yuck, yuck, yuck. Should've made time to do it in the week, rather than letting all of that Dave Moss pile up in the yard. Lesson learned.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Here's what I think is going to happen.

Maloney is gonna stick with the roster he has for the top two lines and see how they mesh and then bring in some borderline player that will fill out the last couple of spots to see if they can work with the team.

If by the 1/3 pole of the season nothing happens, trade time.

Thor Savage

Oct 3, 2006
Arizona
I hope it happens

Setoguchi rumored to Arizona...stay tuned

I think he'd be a good fit.

Boeds-Verm-Doan
Erat-Hanzal-Seto
Korpi-Gagner-Moss
Chip-Vitale-Crombeen
MacMillan
Klink

If they are thinking Domi isn't ready, then that's an ok line-up. Not great, but not too shabby. Getting better . . . .

OEL-Z
Yans-Stone
Gormley-Summers/Murphy

Thor Savage

Oct 3, 2006
Arizona
You know, when you look at the Average number of games that Crombeen, Chipchura, and Vitale play in a year, maybe they see Moss as a guy who will bounce between the 4th and 3rd line. If they do, then they have a spot for Setoguchi on the 3rd or 2nd.

Last edited:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
If Setoguchi comes here we delay our rebuild that much further. I'm willing to go another year without playoffs in order to get a bunch of rookies needed NHL experience.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Seto wouldn't delay anything. Domi could still be on the roster and Lessio/Reider would get injury call up time. The following year Erat and Moss' spots open up:

Doan - Gagner - Erat
Domi - Vermette - Boedker
Korpikoski - Hanzal - Setoguchi
Moss - Vitale - Crombeen
2 of Chip, Klink, McMillan

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I still don't mind getting Seto, but one would have to think if we do sign him, one of Chip or Klink will be on the move. He does have to pretty much be paired with Gagner though if we want to have any hope of consistent offense from him.

Doan - Gagner - Setoguchi
Domi - Vermette - Boedker
Korpikoski - Hanzal - Erat
Moss - Vitale - Crombeen
McMillan
Chipchura

Not pretty, but it is younger and faster.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
I still don't mind getting Seto, but one would have to think if we do sign him, one of Chip or Klink will be on the move. He does have to pretty much be paired with Gagner though if we want to have any hope of consistent offense from him.

Based on how they seem to talk about Chip lately I have to think he's staying regardless. Leaves Klink and McMillan and with McMillan presumably getting a 2-way I'd think he's the odd man out.

I tried to keep Domi, Gagner and Seto all separate do to defensive play but your probably right about Seto needing to be with Gagner to really get his effectiveness out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->